'Beauty And The Beast' (2017) Emma Watson and Dan Stevens

Options
124»

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it. It was ok. Musicals aren't my thing. I did laugh at a fee scenes.

And yes, the ? agenda is real people. Subtle, but there nonnethless. Nothing against ? , but I don't see this kinda effort for more black and brown folks.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a damn about a ? agenda.

What stood out to me were the multiple black women in the arms of white men. And the one black guy looking scared as ? in a mob full of white people with torches.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't really notice any of the differences because I didn't watch the animated version as much as @soul rattler . Thought it was all the same with the exception of some new songs.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What stood out to me were the multiple black women in the arms of white men. And the one black guy looking scared as ? in a mob full of white people with torches.

Im surprised there in black ppl in this
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know whether to put this in the fox thread or this one
    https://youtu.be/ptKgRecPi1I
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall muhfuckas really put yall money towards this this ?
    This cacophony of agendas...how many of u ? watched birth of a nation
    *? Gregory voice* HUH
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that right there is proof that Disney is an evil corporation.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont see this i'm checking for Aladdin which will begin shooting soon in London. once the casting calls are done
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    *? Gregory voice* HUH

What agendas? You only care about 1 tho.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went on Saturday, fell asleep instantly but my daughter loved it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Saw it yesterday. ? was weak. The smallest thing that annoyed me was how everybody was a rude ass houseguest. Folks walking all through beast house uninvited (including that damn witch) having the nerve to make demands of him. At least in the cartoon, Maurice introduced himself and it was the furniture that made him stay. Rude ass ? here just walking all through the house talking bout ima warm myself by the fire. And then ? Belle was like "are you so cold hearted you won't let me say bye to my dad?" ? you just broke in his house why tf he gotta be nice to you?!?! I was irritated from that point on. Like I literally turned to my friend and was like "does nobody knock in this mufucka?!?!"

The extra songs were wack and belle and beast backstories were unnecessary. It was funny that they showed Belle actually had a mom in the portrait cuz most Disney princesses just have dads and it's never explained what happened to the moms. But all I needed was a quick sentence that she died of the bubons...that whole scene of her going back to her old room was dumb. Beast backstory was handled better but I still didn't think it was necessary.

And lefou was ? as hell from jump lol. I didn't expect him to be that ? smh.

Anyway I give it a 5/10. Maybe a 6 on a good day.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn so my boy Dan Stevens got himself a real dud quality wise with this one? I say this cause gabi is one of the most forgiving moviegoers I've ever seen on the IC and I been posting in this community since like '02 lol. She looks for the good in everything.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Damn so my boy Dan Stevens got himself a real dud quality wise with this one? I say this cause gabi is one of the most forgiving moviegoers I've ever seen on the IC and I been posting in this community since like '02 lol. She looks for the good in everything.

I mean it was mainly nostalgia why i ultimately didn't care for it...I wanted to like it tho I really did.

there were elements in the cartoon that weren't present in this one and it didn't make the movie better. Like reasons why characters did certain things were completely changed or nonexistent for no reason. They woulda been better off doing a scene by scene recreation than all the extra unnecessary ? they did.

I will say that the be our guest part was fly. No other stand put parts other than that tho.
    Also...this is a kids' movie. The fact that it was almost 2.5 hrs made the changes even more unnecessary.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I mean it was mainly nostalgia why i ultimately didn't care for it...I wanted to like it tho I really did.

there were elements in the cartoon that weren't present in this one and it didn't make the movie better. Like reasons why characters did certain things were completely changed or nonexistent for no reason. They woulda been better off doing a scene by scene recreation than all the extra unnecessary ? they did.

I will say that the be our guest part was fly. No other stand put parts other than that tho.
    Also...this is a kids' movie. The fact that it was almost 2.5 hrs made the changes even more unnecessary.

I felt the same way about The Jungle Book and Cinderella.

These animated classics to live action trend Disney is riding is just another pointless cashgrab. What is sadder is for everyone of these uneccessary remakes of perfectly fine movies we're getting we could've gotten 3 other original movies instead.

It would be one thing if they all followed Burton's Alice in Wonderland concept. Like that movie sucked but I gave it credit cause at least it was something new. A sequel to the animated classic instead of a remake. Or Malificient which gave a different POV of the Sleeping Beauty story.

I initially thought all these joints would be like that. Movies that would work as sequels or sidestories to the classic Disney joints. That would've been a good way to make up for all those ? DTV sequels to those flicks disney startes making in the 90s but Disney got shook and just played it safe in making them straight up remakes.

TBH the way they're ? on their classic vault from a quality standpoint I'd much rather they just keep turning their theme park attractions into movies instead.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Nah I ? with the jungle book lol. It was closer to the book than the movie. I think that's why it was good compared to other live action remakes cuz it stayed truer to the source material and made minor changes. Beauty and the beast (and other live actions) tried too hard to be modern and they lost a lot of what made the animated originals special.

I haven't watched all the shows but I will say the lion guard is kinda lit lol
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    *? Gregory voice* HUH

What agendas? You only care about 1 tho.

I care about you gabs
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I really enjoyed the adaptation, the music , the colors and CGI were really cool.

Lumiere was that ? .

7.5/10.