Let Trump Win

Options
HundredEyes
HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
So we can make that stockmarket moneyyyy...Brexit was easy cash - and now that with a Trump win, markets worldwide will display similair movement - indices like the Dow, Dax etc and forex markets are all there to be sold....were talking buying a house or whatever the ? type of money....10k becomes a 100k, a 100k becomes a milli and so on...its easy money...all depending on your margin

So how plausible is a Trump win? With the Brexit I knew a couple days in advance how ? was going down but now, Im reading landslide victories for Clinton and on the other hand photo finish victories for both parties...

Whats your take on this?

Comments

• HundredEyes
    Options
    For some reason I cant seem to copy and paste a CNN article via mobile but their top story is 6 scenarios where Trump could win
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    ? wrong section, mods please move to the social lounge @janklow or @sion
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a bankruptcy paralegal, I think the stock market is extremely risky right now. It might take a hit no matter who wins, so many companies are filing for bankruptcy these days.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    So we can make that stockmarket moneyyyy...Brexit was easy cash - and now that with a Trump win, markets worldwide will display similair movement - indices like the Dow, Dax etc and forex markets are all there to be sold....were talking buying a house or whatever the ? type of money....10k becomes a 100k, a 100k becomes a milli and so on...its easy money...all depending on your margin

So how plausible is a Trump win? With the Brexit I knew a couple days in advance how ? was going down but now, Im reading landslide victories for Clinton and on the other hand photo finish victories for both parties...

Whats your take on this?

Stock markets don't care whose in office it's not going to make a difference short or long-term. They say they do better with democrats in office but that's honestly just a coincidence, if you notice, Dems usually come into office after or during recessions and usually succeeding a recession you get lots of market or economic growth as things go back to normal or better.

Depends on the markets fam, AEX (Amsterdam) went up significantly when Obama was elected - in 08 and 12 - and has been falling back this past week in anticipation of the US 9 election result...always money to be made with US elections, short term/span of 1 day
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I predict a recession coming soon no matter who wins
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Numerology is not of ? neither is fortune telling.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Based on polls I've seen today and early voting turnout in Florida, it looks like Trump is gonna lose bad tomorrow.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/voter-turnout-explodes-among-blacks-hispanics-us-021133903.html
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yeah I havent sold anything, looks like Clinton got this.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yeah I havent sold anything, looks like Clinton got this.

Pretty much, unless Trump outperforms in Florida and North Carolina. Trump actually has the lead in some polls in Michigan, so it might be closer then I expected. If he is making it competitive in Michigan, then maybe other states will be close too.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ? , is anyone else watching the election coverage? Trump is having a pretty damn good night so far. He's even making it competitive in Pennsylvania and in Florida he's up big now.....

On the other hand, markets have plunged 500 points tonight lol smh, but Hillary is doing a lot worse then I expected so far. It's still early but damn
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yeah amazing, should have invested but American politics has been shady af, yesterday they were still predicting an easy Clinton win...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary is ? incompetent, Joe Biden should have ran. Wall here we come
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Hillary is ? incompetent, Joe Biden should have ran. Wall here we come

? yeah, Hillary ran a terrible campaign, it didn't excite me or anyone else I knew for the most part. Hillary is a warmongering fool and worst then that, couldn't take advantage of the TONS of mistakes Trump made. Hillary might lose the most easily laid out election in history. Blacks in huge numbers stayed home, as I predicted.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yeah amazing, should have invested but American politics has been shady af, yesterday they were still predicting an easy Clinton win...

The polls the last few days were mostly in the margin of error, and now that I think about it, Trump's crowds being much larger then Hillary's for the most part was a huge omen for Trump probably winning. Tim Kaine had a rally at one point that had no more then 30 people, very few thought much of that at the time but the signs were there.

Still though, I'm shocked because the polls last month were so far ahead for Hillary that I didn't see this day coming.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary is too arrogant and cocky just knowing she had our votes and had the nerve 2 call us super predators. Trump might do some ? who knows. I would just HATE 2 be a Mexican right now. Lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Hillary is too arrogant and cocky just knowing she had our votes and had the nerve 2 call us super predators. Trump might do some ? who knows. I would just HATE 2 be a Mexican right now. Lol

Illegals better be on the move now, I don't think Trump is playing.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Feel stupid for not selling Dow, Dax, Aex and everything dollar related now....guess sometimes you really should listen to your gut and dont believe the damn polls lol smh.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All those ? polling companies should be sued
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint even mad Trump won ,time for hillary to go do the dishes like a woman supposed to do hahaha
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    i aint even mad Trump won ,time for hillary to go do the dishes like a woman supposed to do hahaha

Lol White women mostly voted for Trump! White ? by a margin of 53% voted for him haha.....

Many women hate Hillary.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2016
    Options
    All those ? polling companies should be sued

I think many of the polls were accurate, it's just that the undecideds went for Trump at the last minute. The undecideds were always around 5-10%, and most of them went for him.

Also, many people who thought Hillary was better then Trump just stayed home in disgust or voted 3rd party.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Hillary is ? incompetent, Joe Biden should have ran.
    yeah, Biden almost certainly would have won

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Hard to say if Biden would have won, he supposedly was against taking out Gaddafi but he also voted for the war in Iraq. I don't think he would have motivated voters much either, and he never polled well against Hillary.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Stocks have been going up lately to those who care. Investors worldwide still seem to have faith in the American economy, for now. Let's see how long it lasts.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Stocks have been going up lately to those who care. Investors worldwide still seem to have faith in the American economy, for now. Let's see how long it lasts.

Its business as usual fam, always happens : shock, downwards followed by a recovery/market correction etc...? always goes in waves...gold is up but best believe it will go down again...

Incidental occurances - brexit, trump winning, the swiss franc unplugging itself from the euro 2 years ago - are interesting for day traders like yours truelly simply cause you can make the most money in the shortest period of time..

This election was a gamble though, couldnt really make a (proper) calculated risk as when the franc recovered or before the brits voted...my bro took the risk though and he s looking for a appartment in Rotterdam now lmao...

? maybe we should start a stockmarket thread specifically about these incidental occurances....