Adolf Trump's Transition Team Confirms Pick of Racist Senator Jeff Sessions for AG Nomination...

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lol reading some of y'all comments, I think it's safe to say that you guys don't realize that the US is NOT your country. You are a poorly treated guest, the side ? etc. Black people make up less than 15% of the population, so if 100%/ALL OF US were on the same page, we still couldn't determine who wins without creating an alliance with the "enemy". Hispanics make up more of the population than we do, and people who identify as white are by far the majority, something like 65+%.

They determine the president and any other position of leadership year after year. Obama did NOT get in because black people voted for him, he got in because he was considered the better candidate in the eyes of the country's majority AKA WHITE PEOPLE. Understand that you can front like your actions count, but you're watching from the sidelines when the real game starts.

...I get the impression that most black people actually think they have pull in this country, like actually believe it forreal lol. At first I thought ? were just talking ? , but I'm actually starting to see that you guys are really just that lost. Hopefully this Trump ? brought y'all back to reality, because most of y'all were really moving further and further away from reality. ? was really stuck in the Matrix lol.

Cool. Help us "wake up". This was never our country and we're just guests. So now what?? Continue in this same country under the same conditions right. What's the strategy in a country that isn't ours and we have no say in?? All ? aside, please enlighten if u have any real thoughts on the matter

I don't know your circumstances in this country, so I can't tailor a response to you specifically. But the answer isn't in asking someone else to lead, you are the king of your household, so you take the lead and make changes as you see fit and build from the ground up.

I'm sure you understand that the way black people should move behind enemy lines/in this country should be covert and in stealth, so I will never get into real specifics.

In other words...you have no real answer...because according to your own words since black folks have no pull without aligning with the "enemy" then the effort will remain futile

Your thought process is clouded, try expanding your POV outside of this system you've been programmed to work within,

If anything what you should have gotten is, the answer is different for different people, based on their status in this country.

Your own words were you won't reveal specifics...if you had the answer or any answer at all why not share it to help some others get off the ground too? It can't be both ways. You can't say in one breathe black folks have no pull or power to do anything yet in another claim to have some plan you won't reveal to combat what you just said can't be beat

I've shared plenty of broad solutions on this forum. Do your googles ? !

I won't get into specifics because this is a PUBLIC forum and black people need to move in stealth, as we're behind enemy lines. If you don't understand that, then there's no answer for you.

Plus I'm not in the business of helping grown ass men. They're already too far gone. I focus on the children and the leaders of the future.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEl-EsIqX4

Smh.. Dr. King's dumb ? ass niece tried to complement that racist Sessions by comparing him to Gerorge Wallace...
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Peace_79 your Response

Pretty sure the @ button still works, fam.

Dude said he still has some more ? he wants to type. Ima let him finish his reply.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    This is about to get ugly.
    VIBE wrote: »
    Inauguration Day shall not go without incident..

millions to protest

2 million 'bikers for trump' to "protect" him

expect the KKK, as well

all hell is going to break loose

The inauguration is going to be lit like a muthafucka. This is going to be looking like this.

kkk.jpg

nintchdbpict000178493412.jpg?w=960

Disgruntled people, (believe it or not mainly whites,) are going to turn up and show out. Don't be surprised if you here about fights and maybe even some ? mirroring a riot. America haven't seen muthafuckas doing the fool at an inauguration since Andrew Jackson opened the White House to the public during his Inaugural Ball.

Muthafuckas showed up ? , started fights, and tore up furniture. Legend has it that Jackson had to leave the White House via a window and to disperse the crowd hard cider was placed on the lawn of the White House in order to get them to leave. With Trump though, hard cider isn't going to be enough to calm to savage and violent as ? ? ass crackas.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Jeff Sessions quick facts from wikipedia for those that care
    -Sessions' office investigated the 1981 killing of Michael Donald, a young African-American man who was murdered in Mobile, Alabama by a pair of Ku Klux ? members.[11][12] Session's office did not prosecute the case, but both men were arrested and convicted.

-In 1986, Reagan nominated Sessions to be a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama. His nomination was opposed by the NAACP, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, and People for the American Way.

-At Sessions' confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, four Department of Justice lawyers who had worked with Sessions testified that he made racially offensive remarks. Sessions had referred to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as "un-American" and "Communist-inspired" because they "forced civil rights down the throats of people"

-Hebert, a civil rights lawyer, said that he did not consider Sessions a racist, and that Sessions "has a tendency sometimes to just say something, and I believe these comments were along that vein.

-Thomas Figures, a black Assistant U.S. Attorney, testified that Sessions said he thought the Ku Klux ? was "OK until I found out they smoked ? ". Sessions later said that the comment was not serious, but did apologize for it. Barry Kowalski, a prosecutor in the civil rights division, also heard the remark and testified that he considered it a joke.

-Sessions was asked in an interview about his civil rights record as a U.S Attorney. He denied that he had not sufficiently pursued civil rights cases, saying that "when I was [a U.S. Attorney], I signed 10 pleadings attacking segregation or the remnants of segregation, where we as part of the Department of Justice, we sought desegregation remedies"

-Thomas Figures, a black Assistant U.S. Attorney, testified that Sessions said he thought the Ku Klux ? was "OK until I found out they smoked ? ". Sessions said during testimony that he considered the ? to be "a force for hatred and bigotry." In regards to the marijuana quote, Sessions said the comment was a joke but apologized.

-In response to a question from Joe Biden on whether he had called the NAACP and other civil rights organizations "un-American", Sessions replied "I'm often loose with my tongue. I may have said something about the NAACP being un-American or Communist, but I meant no harm by it."

Immigration
    -Sessions has been the leading congressional opponent of illegal immigration and proponent of reducing legal immigration. “Fundamentally, almost no one coming from the Dominican Republic to the United States is coming because they have a skill that would benefit us and that would indicate their likely success in our society.”

Military Policy
    -Sessions was one of only three senators to vote against additional funding for the VA medical system.

Crime & Security
    -On October 5, 2005, Sessions was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government.

Economic Issues
    -Sessions voted for the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts, and said he would vote to make them permanent if given the chance. In 2006, Sessions received the "Guardian of Small Business” award. Sessions was one of 25 senators to vote against the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (the bank bailout).

Social Issues
    -As Attorney General of Alabama, Sessions worked to deny funding to student ? -Straight Alliances at The University of Alabama[67], Auburn University and The University of South Alabama, stating "an organization that professes to be comprised of homosexuals and/or lesbians may not receive state funding or use state-supported facilities to foster or promote those illegal, sexually deviate activities defined in the ? and sexual misconduct laws."

-Sessions has been an opponent of same-sex marriage and has earned a zero rating from the Human Rights Campaign, the United States' largest LGBTQ advocacy group.[70] He voted against the Matthew Shepard Act, which added acts of bias-motivated violence based on sexual orientation and gender identity to federal hate-crimes law

-Sessions is against legalizing cannabis for either recreational or medicinal use

-Sessions is pro-life and was one of 37 Senators to vote against funding for embryonic stem cell research

Energy/Environment
    -Sessions is skeptical of the scientific consensus on climate change.[84] He has voted in favor of legislation that would bar the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gases

Legislation
    -In 1999, Sessions cosponsored the bill to award Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal.

-On December 11, 2013, Sessions cosponsored the Victims of Child Abuse Act Reauthorization Act of 2013 (S. 1799; 113th Congress), a bill that would reauthorize the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990 and would authorize funding through 2018 to help child abuse victims
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    an excerpt from one of the latest Sessions related articles:
    Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama ? leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the ? , effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-alabama-jeff-sessions-desegregated-schools-and-got-the-death-penalty-for-kkk-head/article/2005461

and this...

? Member Put to Death in Race Death
    by the Associated Press June 6, 1997

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/06/us/? -member-put-to-death-in-race-death.html

no mention of Sessions though he was Attorney General at the time of execution and served as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama when the murder occurred in 1981 and the ? Member was sent to death row in 1984
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Lmao Trump and clinton are the same though, right?? Lol "they're one and the same". This is going to be the guy that decides whether or not to prosecute cops killing unarmed blacks. Again, survive the drought. Shout out to Jill Stein and Gary Johnson though

I tried to explain this to ? arguing that.
    It's more about the ripple effects he will have on policies affecting blacks...but ? think going against the grain is cool

So the alternative is to reward a crooked politician by rewarding her with the presidency.

Makes perfect sense *sarcasm.*

Obama resided over 8 years of a 40% black male prison incarceration rate. Crooked Hillary would have continued this "legacy."

I'll take a empty suit in Donald Trump, rather than a corporatist, corrupt, war-hawk any day of the week.

Take Trump? ? did your brother beat you the same day he beat his gf and give you brain damage to say some stupid ? like that?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

? rights law
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article24561835.html

$12 million in reparations for Jewish holocaust victims (the ? didn't even happen over here)
    http://rollingout.com/2015/10/07/obama-administration-earmarks-12-million-reparations-holocaust-survivors/

I got to go back to work but I'll pull up ? he's tried to do or did on behalf of the Mexican community

160315142612-chart-teen-unemployment-rate-drops-780x439.jpg
    160315142609-chart-unemployment-rate-falls-780x439.jpg
    160315142616-chart-median-income-for-blacks-780x439.jpg
    160315142614-chart-blacks-in-poverty-780x439.jpg

Restoring Economic Security: According to the White House, American businesses have added over 14 million jobs. This job growth has helped cut the African American unemployment rate in half – from 16.8% in March 2010 to 8.3% in December 2015, its lowest level since September 2007. The African American unemployment rate has fallen by more than the overall unemployment rate in the past few years, and is further below its pre-recession level than any other racial or ethnic group.

Helping the Long-Term Unemployed Get Back to Work: The Administration has taken steps to help more of the long-term unemployed get back to work, around one-quarter of whom are African American. The president unveiled a set of “best practices” being taken by leading employers — including over 80 members of the Fortune 500 and over 20 members of the Fortune 50 — around recruiting and hiring the long-term unemployed to remove some of the barriers that make it harder for them to navigate the hiring process. The Department of Labor awarded nearly $170 million in “Ready to Work Partnership” grants to support the best models for partnerships between employers, non-profits and the job training system, to help train and connect the long-term unemployed to work.

Providing Comprehensive Healthcare: President Obama’s victories in Congress for comprehensive health care coverage, as well as his win in the Supreme Court, meant that many African Americans benefited. By March 2015, over 16 million Americans had enrolled in Obamacare, reports NBC News. Because of Obamacare, the rates of uninsured Americans have fallen to 11.9% after being at 16% when President Bush left office. Over 3 million poor Americans, including hundreds of thousands of African Americans in the south would be covered if not for Republican governors blocking the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.

Making College More Accessible and Affordable: President Obama signed legislation increasing the maximum Pell Grant by more than $1,000 and total Pell Grant funding by 70%, helping millions of low- and moderate-income students afford college every year. He’s also taken steps to reduce student loan burdens, including ending student loan subsidies for private banks and shifting the savings back to students, reducing student loan interest rates to historic lows, and capping student loan payments at 10% of income for all students. He established and made permanent the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which provides a tax cut of up to $10,000 over four years for nearly 10 million working and middle-class families a year paying for college. The President’s budget supports America’s College Promise, which would make community college free for responsible students.

• fortyacres
    Options
    Promoting Entrepreneurship as a Path to Success: In 2013, the Administration announced it would set fees on Small Business Administration loans to zero, encouraging more lenders, particularly community banks, to provide vital access to capital for entrepreneurs. Changes to the microloan program have also increased access to loans under $50,000 for justice-involved individuals. The SBA has increased outreach to the African American community with the launch of the Business Smart Toolkit, a business basics and lender-readiness resource in partnership with the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders. Additionally, SBA partnered with national organizations such as U.S. Black Chambers Inc. and 100 Black Men of America, to reach more entrepreneurs. SBA launched the My Brother’s Keeper Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, partnering with HBCUs and community colleges to promote entrepreneurship across college campuses, and MBK Millennial Entrepreneur Champion Mike Muse to encourage entrepreneurship among young people of color and other youth.

Championing Criminal Justice Reform and Fair Policing: President Obama signed the Fair Sentencing Act in 2010. This narrowed the penalty between ? and powder ? from 1:10 to 1:18. In 2014, President Obama established a task force on policing and in 2015, he rolled back the use of certain military equipment by local police –a Black Lives Matter related demand. During the Obama presidency, the Department of Justice has investigated several police departments, including Ferguson, Cleveland, and Philadelphia, under former Attorney General Eric Holder and current Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Helping Americans Keep Their Homes: African American families were particularly hard-hit by the housing crisis and were the victims of predatory lending. The president took action to help homeowners, including expanding access to refinancing – allowing responsible borrowers to save an average of $3,000 per year. The Administration also took measures to allow homeowners behind on their payments to modify their mortgages to avoid foreclosure – with more than 1.5 million borrowers having received permanent modifications through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), the Administration’s cornerstone foreclosure prevention program, and millions more receiving private modifications that were modeled off of HAMP.

Making Owning a Home More Affordable: The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has long been an important source of financing for African American families seeking to buy their first home. In recent years, nearly half of African American home buyers used FHA to get a mortgage. Recently, the president announced a major new step to make buying a home more affordable and accessible for creditworthy families. The FHA reduced its annual mortgage insurance premiums by half a percentage point. For the typical homebuyer, this reduction translates into a $900 reduction in their annual mortgage payment. Existing homeowners who refinance into an FHA mortgage will see similar reductions to their mortgage payments as well. Following the reduction in 2015 the number of African American borrowers (new purchase or refinance) with an FHA loan increased by nearly 50%.

Protecting Families from Financial Abuses, Hidden Fees, and Deceptive Practices: To prevent mortgage companies, credit card lenders, and payday loan companies from exploiting consumers with hidden fees and other deceptive practices, President Obama fought to pass the most far-reaching Wall Street reform in history, which created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The CFPB, which works to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans, is also charged with enforcing fair lending laws to protect against discriminatory lending practices.

Permanent Tax Cuts that Promote Work and Reduce Poverty: The president established and recently made permanent significant improvements to tax credits for working families. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) were expanded to encourage work and help low-income parents afford the costs of raising a family, together providing about 16 million families a year with a tax cut averaging $900. These tax credit expansions provide about 2 million African American families a year with an average tax cut of about $1,000 each. Because of these improvements, a single parent working full-time, year-round at the federal minimum wage gets an additional CTC of more than $1,700; if the expansion were not in place, that parent would not receive any CTC.

Expanding Access to Paid Leave: last September, the president signed an executive order requiring federal contractors to offer their employees up to seven days of paid sick leave per year. An estimated 44 million private sector workers – about 40% of the total private-sector workforce – do not have access to paid sick leave, and low- and middle-income workers are much less likely to have it than high-income workers. As a result, too many working Americans cannot afford to stay home if they are ill or to take care of a sick child if it means the loss of pay. The new executive order will give approximately 300,000 Americans working on federal contracts the new ability to earn seven days of paid sick leave. The president also called on Congress to pass legislation expanding paid sick leave and paid family and medical leave to millions more workers.

• fortyacres
    Options
    Increasing Wages for Working Families: The president has called on Congress to increase the federal minimum wage. While Congress has failed to act on this issue in the past eight years, the president has worked within his power to increase wages for working families—based on an executive order, workers on new federal contracts will earn a minimum of $10.10 an hour starting this year, indexed to inflation beginning in 2016. But the president cannot raise wages alone, which is why he continues to call for Congress to pass the Raise the Wage Act to increase the federal minimum wage to $12 by 2020. According to researchers at the Economic Policy Institute, this Act would lead to a raise for 45% of all single, working African American mothers. Overall, passing the Raise the Wage Act would directly or indirectly increase wages for an estimated 35 million workers, helping to ensure fair pay and boost the economy. However, since the president called for an increase in the minimum wage in his 2013 State of the Union address, 17 states and the District of Columbia have answered his call. That means that today, a total 29 states and the District of Columbia have a higher minimum wage than the federal minimum wage.

Narrowing the Digital Divide: In July 2015, President Obama announced ConnectHome , which is a new initiative with 27 communities, one tribal nation, the private-sector, and federal government to expand high-speed broadband to more families across the country. ConnectHome will initially reach up to 200,000 children in low-income households living in public housing with the support they need to access the Internet at home. Through public and private partnership, ConnectHome communities will offer technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices to help narrow the digital divide.

Creating Affordable Retirement Savings: The Administration stresses that Social Security must remain a rock-solid, guaranteed progressive benefit that every American can rely on; although too many Americans reach their golden years without any personal savings or pension whatsoever. According to the Urban Institute, the risk of an insecure retirement is especially high for minorities: white households have six times the wealth, including retirement savings, of African Americans or Hispanics. To make it easier for families to save for retirement, the Treasury recently announced the national launch of myRA, a new starter retirement account designed for individuals who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement program. According to a Federal Reserve report, 42% of workers don’t have access to a retirement plan through their jobs. myRA is designed to help bridge this gap, and help workers get on the path to long-term savings.

Restoring Economic Security to African American Families: Businesses have added over 14 million jobs over 70 straight months of job growth, the longest streak on record. While we still have more to do, this job growth has helped cut the African American unemployment rate in half – from 16.8% in March 2010 to 8.3% in December 2015, its lowest level since September 2007. The African-American unemployment rate has fallen by more than the overall unemployment rate in the past few years, and is further below its pre-recession level than any other racial or ethnic group.

Making College More Accessible and Affordable: The President signed legislation increasing the maximum Pell Grant by more than $1,000 and total Pell Grant funding by 70%, helping millions of low- and moderate-income students afford college every year. He’s also taken steps to reduce student loan burdens, including ending student loan subsidies for private banks and shifting the savings back to students, reducing student loan interest rates to historic lows, and capping student loan payments at 10% of income for all students. The President also established and made permanent the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which provides a tax cut of up to $10,000 over four years for nearly 10 million working and middle-class families a year paying for college.

Getting more Americans into Better, Higher Paying Jobs: Last July, the Administration released a plan for job-training and employment programs to be more responsive to the needs of employers in order to effectively place ready-to-work Americans in jobs that are available now or train them in the skills needed for better jobs. Since then the government has awarded over 15 competitive job-training grants that total over $1.2 billion. Some of the biggest competitive grant program are targeted towards expanding proven, job-driven strategies, including $175 million into expanding apprenticeship programs. To go along with the apprenticeship program, the Department of Labor has also proposed a rule to increase equal employment opportunity in apprenticeship programs for traditionally under-represented groups.

Helping the Long-Term Unemployed Get Back to Work: The Administration has taken steps to help more of the long-term unemployed get back to work, around one-quarter of whom are African-American. The Department of Labor awarded nearly $170 million in “Ready to Work Partnership” grants to support the best models for partnerships between employers, non-profits, and the job training system to help train and connect the long-term unemployed to work.

• fortyacres
    Options
    Rebuilding Transportation Infrastructure, Rejuvenating the American Workforce: In December, President Obama signed the long-term transportation bill, the first passed by Congress in 10 years. Transportation accounts for 11 million jobs, and transportation-related employment accounted for about 8.7% of civilian workers in the United States. In 2008, African Americans comprised only 6% of the industry, and women comprised only 3%. Every $1 billion invested in infrastructure supports more than 10,000 jobs and that is why this administration launched the new one-year pilot program, Local Hire. As a result, Federal Highway Administration’s On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program requires State DOTs to make full use of apprenticeship and training programs targeted to develop the skills of women, minorities, and disadvantaged individuals to ensure that a competent workforce is available to meet highway construction hiring needs.

Smart Transportation Planning Creates Opportunity: The working poor spent nearly 10% of their income just commuting to work, more than twice the 4% average for the total population. Transit users in cities with robust transit systems can save up to $10,230 per year by taking transit rather than owning a vehicle. Transportation infrastructure can revitalize communities, create pathways to work, and connect hardworking Americans to a better quality of life. This is evident in seven cities across America participating in this Administration’s Ladders of Opportunity Transportation Empowerment Pilot. Leadership in Atlanta, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Phoenix, and Richmond are receiving technical assistance to ensure that improving their local infrastructure also translates to economic growth that doesn’t leave anyone behind.

Helping Americans Keep Their Homes: African American families have been particularly hard-hit by the housing crisis. The President has taken action to help homeowners, including expanding access to refinancing – allowing responsible borrowers to save an average of $3,000 per year. The Administration has also taken measures to allow homeowners behind on their payments to modify their mortgages to avoid foreclosure – with more than 1.5 million borrowers having received permanent modifications through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), the Administration’s cornerstone foreclosure prevention program, and millions more receiving private modifications that were modeled off of HAMP.

Making Owning a Home More Affordable by Cutting Mortgage Premiums. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has long been an important source of financing for African-American families seeking to buy their first home. In recent years, nearly half of African American home buyers used FHA to get a mortgage. Recently, the President announced a major new step to make buying a home more affordable and accessible for creditworthy families. The FHA reduced its annual mortgage insurance premiums by half a percentage point. For the typical homebuyer, this reduction translates into a $900 reduction in their annual mortgage payment. Existing homeowners who refinance into an FHA mortgage will see similar reductions to their mortgage payments as well. Following the reduction in 2015 the number of African American borrowers (new purchase or refinance) with an FHA loan increased by nearly 50%

Creating a Simple, Safe and Affordable Starter Retirement Savings Product: Social Security is and must remain a rock-solid, guaranteed progressive benefit that every American can rely on, but too many Americans reach their golden years without any personal savings or pension whatsoever. According to the Urban Institute, the risk of an insecure retirement is especially high for minorities: white households have six times the wealth, including retirement savings, of African Americans or Hispanics. To make it easier for families to save for retirement, Treasury recently announced the national launch of myRA, a new starter retirement account designed for individuals who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement program. According to a Federal Reserve report, 42% percent of workers don’t have access to a retirement plan through their jobs. myRA is designed to help bridge this gap, and help workers get on the path to long-term savings.

These programs although nice benefit only employees of federal contractors, so Obama only get’s partial credit on the following two.

Expanding Access to Paid Leave: last September, the President signed an Executive Order requiring federal contractors (only) to offer their employees up to seven days of paid sick leave per year. An estimated 44 million private sector workers – about 40% of the total private-sector workforce – do not have access to paid sick leave, and low- and middle-income workers are much less likely to have it than high-income workers. As a result, too many working Americans cannot afford to stay home if they are ill or to take care of a sick child if it means the loss of pay. The President has called on Congress to pass legislation expanding paid sick leave and paid family and medical leave to millions more workers.
  • fortyacres
    Options

Increasing Wages for Working Families: The President has called on Congress to increase the Federal minimum wage, he issued an Executive Order, setting the minimum wage at $10.10 an hours starting his year, for employees of Federal contractors. Obama has called on congress to raise the Federal minimum wage to $12 by 2020.

According to researchers at the Economic Policy Institute, this Act would lead to a raise for 45% of all single, working African-American mothers. Overall, increasing the minimum wage as proposed would increase wages for an estimated 35 million workers. Since Obama call for an increase in the minimum wage in his 2013 State of the Union address, 17 states and the District of Columbia have answered his call. That means that today, a total 29 states and the District of Columbia have a higher minimum wage than the federal minimum wage.

Protecting Families from Financial Abuses, Hidden Fees, and Deceptive Practices: To prevent mortgage companies, credit card lenders, and payday loan companies from exploiting consumers with hidden fees and other deceptive practices, President Obama fought to pass the most far reaching Wall Street reform in history which created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). It’s hard to see much the CFPB has done for Black folks, and they have still failed to act on recommendations to revise payday loan policies across the country.

Providing access to broadband for families in low-income housing. This move benefited 200,000 children in low-income households living in public housing. Good for them, but not for the masses.

Expanding Overtime Protections: In June, the President announced that the Department of Labor (DOL) would propose extending overtime pay protections to almost 5 million workers. This one is just a proposal and not passed yet. If passed as proposed, most salaried workers earning less than a projected $50,400 would be able to take advantage of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s overtime protections.

There were a few other achievements, mostly dealing with entrepreneurship, but you get the drift. So now, the facts have been checked and mail this to your relative who says the President hasn't done anything for Black people. Or, if you weren't impressed with the list, do the same thing with a note, "Is that it," and see what kind of response you receive.".

The proposed rule would prevent a future erosion of overtime rights and ensure greater predictability by automatically updating the salary threshold in the future. It would help promote higher take-home pay and allow workers to better balance their work and family obligations. In so doing, it would help shore up the middle class and provide an easier pathway for those aspiring to share in the standard of living it affords.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @fortyacres

I won't let the SBA one go unnoticed.
    "Promoting" ain't ? . Outreach isn't tangible

Say what you want about Bill Clinton, his admin used SBA to funnel guarantee or loan to black businesses

The home mortgage adjustment plan was terrible, didn't go far enough

The rest I have no or little to no problems with
  • fortyacres
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @fortyacres

Say what you want about Bill Clinton, his admin used SBA to funnel guarantee or loan to black businesses

I hear what you sayin, im just trynna point out when people say Obama has not done anything for or tried to pass legislation for Black People they are full of ? coz it seems like the cool thing to just say now, without doing the research or facts.

Some african americans are their own obama fox news lol
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao....

? skipped ahead to my punchline.

Ima still let dude finish his 3 little points to support the woke ? myth that we haven't made progress as a people since the 1860s.

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    @fortyacres

I hear what you sayin, im just trynna point out when people say Obama has not done anything for or tried to pass legislation for Black People they are full of ? coz it seems like the cool thing to just say now, without doing the research or facts.

Some african americans are their own obama fox news lol

Agree, them wanna be woke negros on vladtv that don't know ?

I'm a big proponent of micro loans to black businesses especially, so don't take my criticism of SBA as an indictment of everything. ACA is tailor made for black folks - is it Obamas fault the courts said the states had the right to decide whether to expand Medicaid? Maybe he should have negotiated with governors. But the black uninsured would be even lower if red states expanded
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude asked me for specific ? that he did for other people. Everything you posted is for EVERYBODY. He fought tooth and nail to get people who aren't supposed to be over here to get legalised but ignored a group that like 90% of them voted for him.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Lmao....

? skipped ahead to my punchline.

Ima still let dude finish his 3 little points to support the woke ? myth that we haven't made progress as a people since the 1860s.

When did I ever say we didn't make progress? What is your definition of progress?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It seems sometime after Bush during Obama's 8 years some people's perspective moved, in my opinion, weird ways. A record recession became a long economic recovery. A lot of things actually improved. But there was backlash. Unprecedented obstruction and resistance slowing down progress. That of course goes into "why didnt he do more!" uh what is he superman? He changed the direction of the whole country. There were People who didnt even want to hire as a sort of protest against his Presidency. Anyway I think the people who went out of their way to criticize his Presidency thought they had a luxury that they didnt really have. At any rate its Trump's Presidency now. Some people are going to have to learn some things obviously.
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSr9MazoLA

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/sessions-fmr-counsel-racism-allegations-false-and-discredited/
    Sessions’ Fmr Counsel: Racism Allegations ‘False’ and ‘Discredited’

On Monday, William Smith, Sessions’ former counsel, went on ‘Fox & Friends’ to dispute the allegations against the Alabama Senator. “The people who are making the allegations don’t know Jeff Sessions,” Smith said, saying that the person who first made the accusation had been “discredited over time.” It’s not clear what he was referring too. However, Figures, the former U.S. Department of Justice assistant attorney who was instrumental in blocking Sessions was reportedly indicted on bribery charges several years after his testimony. Smith, who Sessions hired to be the first black chief counsel on the Senate Judiciary Committee, described the current negative buzz as “false rumors.”

In addition to casting doubt on the known accusations against Sessions, Smith noted that since 1986, there have not been any similar allegations about him. Not only that, but Sessions successfully fought for the death penalty against a KKK leader, and helped desegregate schools in Alabama. “He’s just an outstanding guy,” Smith said.

ec58f52687adb266a6f5abbc1d27896a.gif
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://theintercept.com/2015/06/29/push-remove-confederate-flag/
    Senator: Confederate Flag Removal an Attempt to Delegitimize “Fabulous Accomplishments”

Despite the widespread perception that the debate over the Confederate flag is over, many leading Republicans have hedged their bets so far. And one GOP senator last week made it abundantly clear that the flag still has its defenders.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., said on Thursday that calls to remove the Confederate flag from public buildings are among efforts by “the left” to “delegitimize the fabulous accomplishments of our country.”

After the June 17 massacre of nine African-American worshippers at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston by a white racist who revered the flag as a symbol of white supremacy, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley succumbed to public demands and urged that the Confederate battle flag be removed from the state capitol in Columbia. Two days later, Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley had four Confederate flags removed from the state capitol in Montgomery.

Appearing on a Birmingham talk radio program, Sessions said he would not criticize Bentley’s decision. He said that “a lot [of] our good citizens feel like [the flag] was kind of commandeered” as an “idea of anti-civil rights,” telling host Matt Murphy that he was “sensitive” to that point of view.

But Sessions said he was no fan of any attempt to “erase history” or “who we are,” recalling his own family’s role in the Civil War. “This is a huge part of who we are and the left is continually seeking, in a host of different ways, it seems to me, I don’t want to be too paranoid about this, but they seek to delegitimize the fabulous accomplishments of our country,” the senator added.