Modern day feminist, SJW's, & raging lesbians try manspreading for a week.

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    That ? borders on insanity.

This video has really opened my eyes to some previous comments on this board about how a lot of feminist really want to emasculate and feminize men. This ? said they are trying to bring men closer to the middle.

I'm asking the middle of what exactly?

@desertrain10 can you watch the video and explain to me what exactly some feminist mean by trying to bring men closer to the middle.

Manspreading or whatever is popular in white feminist discourse

But it's just suppose to me an example of how women are conditioned to shrink themselves: we are raised to sit with closed legs, to not talk or laugh too loudly, to not be seen or heard, to take up as little space in the world as possible

And with men it's the opposite

This trickles down into every aspect of our lives: from how we sit and where we choose to sit, to what we say and how we decide to say it, to what we wear and how we’re treated

I admit it's not that great of a example, talking point

And as a Blk woman I have sort of different perspective

Growing up in certain environments being direct, aggressive, "loud" etc is a matter of survival for both men and women

But going a lot of times going into largely white spaces, for Blk men and women, we are punished for it

So you still going to say black feminists aren't poisoned by white feminist rhetoric? The most obnoxious chick in the video was arguably the black one.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10
    I'm glad you admit this is stupid too lol

@? can yall stop acting like these ? fringe "movements" mean anything? Regular level headed women pay no mind to them and neither should yall.

no can do fam

mq35wb9rzvsr.png

if ur down with them when they're at their best, you have to be down with them when they're at their worst.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SolemnSauce getting worse with that Kobe pic than @deadeye is with the Charles Barkley gifs....
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mvcozg8bcbv3.gif

ill start using this one instead
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This video has really opened my eyes to some previous comments on this board about how a lot of feminist really want to emasculate and feminize men. This ? said they are trying to bring men closer to the middle.

@desertrain10 can you watch the video and explain to me what exactly some feminist mean by trying to bring men closer to the middle.

But it's just suppose to me an example of how women are conditioned to shrink themselves: we are raised to sit with closed legs, to not talk or laugh too loudly, to not be seen or heard, to take up as little space in the world as possible

This trickles down into every aspect of our lives: from how we sit and where we choose to sit, to what we say and how we decide to say it, to what we wear and how we’re treated

Growing up in certain environments being direct, aggressive, "loud" etc is a matter of survival for both men and women

But going a lot of times going into largely white spaces, for Blk men and women, we are punished for it

So you still going to say black feminists aren't poisoned by white feminist rhetoric? The most obnoxious chick in the video was arguably the black one.

again I think using "manspreading" as a talk point was dumb...

and many white feminist have a blindspot when it comes to race and white privilege, which many blk feminist have been highly critical of dating back to the women's suffrage movement

but I agree with the thesis that women are conditioned to shrink themselves in ways men are not

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10

@? can yall stop acting like these ? fringe "movements" mean anything? Regular level headed women pay no mind to them and neither should yall.

nah, they have clout, word to Hillary
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This.. This is downright stupid, they can't relate to a ? carrying two ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    Next, there's gonna be an issue with men standing up to ? lol.

They already are ? about that, and have been for years. What do you think the seat up/down battle has been over?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I have to keep my leg spread tho cause my ? are too big and saggy. I can't wear tight jeans either or they will hurt for 2 days afterwards. I hate this new fashion trend if tight jeans. My ? has it made in JNCOs were in style.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    @desertrain10

........where have you seen this manspreading ? besides this thread?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Why don't these hoes just sit like men if they wanna sit like men? Like are they really that desperate for approval from men that they actually care what a guy who would be offended by their ? would think?

Also, what is mansplaining? Is that when you use logic and data to back of your point of view?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10

Not enough to get her elected.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For people who are so passionate about social justice and equality for us (black people), I don't understand how you can be so indifferent and hostile to social justice and equality for women.
  • Undefeatable
    Options

and many white feminist have a blindspot when it comes to race and white privilege, which many blk feminist have been highly critical of dating back to the women's suffrage movement

but I agree with the thesis that women are conditioned to shrink themselves in ways men are not

I am surprised at you. Do you realize that you are encouraging these guys' anti-feminism?

Even if you aren't too passionate about this particular issue, what you're saying is not helping your advocacy of feminism.

Also, maybe you might be more passionate about it if you were frequently in those situations where you have to make yourself smaller (e.g. if you used a subway to get around).
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For people who are so passionate about social justice and equality for us (black people), I don't understand how you can be so indifferent and hostile to social justice and equality for women.

This is no injustice here tho
  • Undefeatable
    Options

So you're just gonna act like I didn't say social justice AND equality?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem with feminists. REAL feminists - not feminist zealots. But this ? here is ridiculous and overstated. I can't really speak on how society conditions men and women to sit or whatever. All I know is this:

-I've never seen a man spearing his legs to take up 2-3 seats when people are standing.

-When a public place is crowded and I see an open seat, if the ? sitting next to me has his legs spread to the point that it's infringing on MY seat...I just say 'Excuse me.', if I care enough. He moves his legs. The end.

-We as humans do ? unconsciously ALL the time. When it's brought to our attention that it infringes on others, we usually change that behavior. If a person doesn't, that has no connection to their gender. That just means their an ? .

-If I saw a woman sitting on a bus with her legs spread, I wouldn't think anything of it. I honestly prolly wouldn't even notice, al things being equal.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

So you're just gonna act like I didn't say social justice AND equality?

If you're fighting injustice aren't you also fighting against inequality?

There's nothing unjust or unequal or about somebody sitting with their legs open.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am surprised at you. Do you realize that you are encouraging these guys' anti-feminism?

Even if you aren't too passionate about this particular issue, what you're saying is not helping your advocacy of feminism.

Also, maybe you might be more passionate about it if you were frequently in those situations where you have to make yourself smaller (e.g. if you used a subway to get around).

lol

maybe dumb was too strong a word

but ultimately i believe viewers are suppose to go on to question the social constructs of gender

i just don't think manspreading or at least the way the issue was presented in the video was counterproductive

and no, i don't use public transportation much anymore
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell yeah and that's a good thing.... loud, pushy, agressive always want to be seen in the spotlight women a a ? turn off.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10

Of course y'all Gonna denounce it because it looks crazy and this is the edited final product. But this is buzzfeed a major online medium, so let's not act like this is Some fringe group.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is @Kai when you need her...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    @desertrain10

Of course y'all Gonna denounce it because it looks crazy and this is the edited final product. But this is buzzfeed a major online medium, so let's not act like this is Some fringe group.
    ? do you know what fringe means?

...........do you think you'll see any women doing this outside of the video that's been posted in this thread? Do you think anybody irl will be discussing this seriously outside of this thread?

This ? will be forgotten about in a day or 2. It doesn't mean anything.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    @desertrain10

? do you know what fringe means?

...........do you think you'll see any women doing this outside of the video that's been posted in this thread? Do you think anybody irl will be discussing this seriously outside of this thread?

This ? will be forgotten about in a day or 2. It doesn't mean anything.

Boy that was a whole topic last year. Manspreading and catcalling. So Don't say fringe when cnn and msnbc are doing spots on it.