LMS Debate: BOSSExcellence vs Young_Chitlin, Will the virtual life take over the reality ?

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf did i jus read!!?

okay brb goin back in to read this posole!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ROS strike two....
  • CapitalB
    Options
    yeh..
    i need to reread that to address it accordingly..

but my ? .. u on me too tough..
    if anything thats strike 1..

but i aint postin til i get a complete understanding to what he's tryin to say..

also i motion for bext debates to be 3posts..
    cause j aint got the time nor attention span for 5.. jus sayin..

be back shortly..

finishin up at the gym..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    yeh..
    i need to reread that to address it accordingly..

but my ? .. u on me too tough..
    if anything thats strike 1..

but i aint postin til i get a complete understanding to what he's tryin to say..

also i motion for bext debates to be 3posts..
    cause j aint got the time nor attention span for 5.. jus sayin..

be back shortly..

finishin up at the gym..

i dont want no trouble

i talk ? hoping it goes undetected

but when it does.......i dont want no problems
  • CapitalB
    Options
    "how can my opponent tell me and the audience that I made the most infinitesimal of arguments such as everyone will be like the Chinese when I never typed such an argument?"

dont know how it is for u growin up OUTSIDE of america.. but we learn early on that sometimes when ur talking its what ur NOT saying thats the most telling..

sayin all that to say, u didnt have to say it.. whether it was done subconsciously or consciously makes no difference.. it was implied..

and seein as u have yet to venture outside of gaming and chinese UR STILL implying..

this is getting redundant but ur argument is doin nothing but arguing MY point.. we are all different.. and jus because a small sample of the earth's population is into vrGAMING is not eveidence enough to proclaim it will take over what the the rest of the world is already happy with..

given that i enjoy my life and embrace the journey of my life video games do lil to hold my attention.. much like this debate with u.. its not engaging or challenging enough for a person wit a competitive drive such as myself..

im an extrovert.. and depended on what study we range from 50% - 74% (VIRTUALLY 75%) of the earth's population.. im sorry but VR cannot sustain the masses.. i dont care how many introverts flood the video gaming market..

my great granny who is still living makes oatmeal on the stove and pours jus the right amount of milk in it to make it delicious.. AND I HATE MILK!! VR can duplicate that..

im going to KC in 4days to watch my Chiefs whoop on the Raiders.. Arrowhead has the loudest stadium on record.. it will be in the low 20s at kickoff.. its a rivalry game that will be for the division lead.. its gonna be crazy!!! VR cant give me that!!

there will always be a place for VR.. im not here to argue that.. but there will ALWAYS be a real life that WE NORMAL people have to get back to.. we cant virtually pay bills.. we cant virtually feed our kids.. we cant virtually get to our jobs..

VR is right where its at and where it can ONLY be..
    a source of entertainment.. which is why thats all u can talk about.

now if u dont mind..
    i jus left the gym and i got things to see and people to do!

post-53939-other-guys-mark-wahlberg-will-dJji.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited December 2016
    Options
    uno mas post from you both

@Stiff and @Figo

you guys ready...yall up next
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "how can my opponent tell me and the audience that I made the most infinitesimal of arguments such as everyone will be like the Chinese when I never typed such an argument?"

dont know how it is for u growin up OUTSIDE of america.. but we learn early on that sometimes when ur talking its what ur NOT saying thats the most telling..

sayin all that to say, u didnt have to say it.. whether it was done subconsciously or consciously makes no difference.. it was implied..

and seein as u have yet to venture outside of gaming and chinese UR STILL implying..

this is getting redundant but ur argument is doin nothing but arguing MY point.. we are all different.. and jus because a small sample of the earth's population is into vrGAMING is not eveidence enough to proclaim it will take over what the the rest of the world is already happy with..

given that i enjoy my life and embrace the journey of my life video games do lil to hold my attention.. much like this debate with u.. its not engaging or challenging enough for a person wit a competitive drive such as myself..

im an extrovert.. and depended on what study we range from 50% - 74% (VIRTUALLY 75%) of the earth's population.. im sorry but VR cannot sustain the masses.. i dont care how many introverts flood the video gaming market..

my great granny who is still living makes oatmeal on the stove and pours jus the right amount of milk in it to make it delicious.. AND I HATE MILK!! VR can duplicate that..

im going to KC in 4days to watch my Chiefs whoop on the Raiders.. Arrowhead has the loudest stadium on record.. it will be in the low 20s at kickoff.. its a rivalry game that will be for the division lead.. its gonna be crazy!!! VR cant give me that!!

there will always be a place for VR.. im not here to argue that.. but there will ALWAYS be a real life that WE NORMAL people have to get back to.. we cant virtually pay bills.. we cant virtually feed our kids.. we cant virtually get to our jobs..

now if u dont mind..

f1fubtprj55z.gif
  • CapitalB
    Options

now if u dont mind..

f1fubtprj55z.gif

giphy.gif
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My opponent believes that debating me is not engaging or challenging enough for him. JUDGES, save for the slight delay before my first round, you have seen me deliver nothing but logical arguments, sprinkling some images, YouTubes, and a picture of my car for powerful imagery to support my team. My opponent claimed he "responds on site." Clearly, you have seen (or will when you go through the rounds) that he did not respond on site. His responses after my rounds speak loudly.

I'd like to clear up some important definitions:

Virtual reality- an artificial environment which is experienced through sensory stimuli (as sights and sounds) provided by a computer and in which one's actions partially determine what happens in the environment; also :  the technology used to create or access a virtual reality

Imply-strongly suggest the truth or existence of (((something not expressly stated)))

My opponent believes that his argument is more convincing by splicing the hairs of an argument via cherry picking and implying that I said something when I expressly did not say it.

I have stated in previous rounds about what other cultures other countries do to delve into virtual reality. My arguments were heavy on gaming and cars and flying because that's all a major part of popular culture/popular forms of entertainment and it has a huge part in technological globalization.

My opponent is next mentioning about going to the big game that he tries to argue for the reality side. There's nothing wrong with the game if that's what you're into and you can afford it without it breaking your budget. It can be agreed that see the game live is a real experience. What about the football fan who wants to watch from the comfort of his or her home and gets premium access to be first in line to snacks, first in line to the latrine and all that? Why go to the stadium when you can make the stadium at home and have an enhanced experience? My opponent does not want to truly admit the adage of not everyone is the same. I'll throw this caveat though- http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-next/0ap3000000543135/NFL-NEXT-The-VR-fan-experience

Who would not want to telecommute if it makes your job easier? Who would not want to use services such as Apple pay and Samsung pay if it makes paying for goods easier? Virtual life can really be a source of entertainment. Who would not want to have fun in creating their own path in virtual life?

Thank you to all involved. This was one heck of a debate, and I enjoyed it. Go team World CARAJO!

• CapitalB
    Options
    FINALLY!!!
    we have come to the conclusion of this debate..

jus as i guessed he stayed his course.. adding nothing new to the argument.. same ol entertainment.. and confusing convenience of reality wit virtual reality..

its okay.. he gave a valiant effort..
    and somewhat surprised me seein as i thought he could only talk about REAL food..

in closing id jus like for everyone to sot back and remember their first time riding a bike.. the first time the family let u bring a dish for the holidays and everyone loved it.. the first time u ran a red light and didnt get caught.. the first time u approached a girl u was head over hills for she gave u her number.. or the first time that guy from across the room approached u and asked u for a dance..the smell of foldgers in ur cup when ur waking up.. etc. etc..

these are all things we love and cherish a feeling that cant be duplicated..
    cause what good is the reward without the risk!?

thats what life is all about.. cause and effect.. the consequence whether good or bad that defines us as human beings.. that shapes our lives as individuals..

im sorry.. but a simple game no matter how complex can never substitute..

id like to thank u for ur time..
    Team America for the Gold! amd Chiefs for the win..

middle.gif

• CapitalB
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead my trophy please!!? :smirk:
  • CapitalB
    Options
    @Young_Chitlin good debate fam..
    after the votes we can go back to bein cool..

on second thought..
    lets hold that thought til after this game thursday night. lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    oh.. and that response was ON SIGHT!!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    OK ladies and gentlemen

We are at the end of our debate.

You may add your opinions and Judges let us know what you think.

very good debate with alot of words........but good nonetheless

@AP21 @Bussy_Getta @_Goldie_ @Copper @Arya Tsaddiq

It is an honor to be apart of debates on the IC once again. The debate topic i shall be eviscerating my opponent for 5 rounds on is

Will the virtual life take over the reality ?

Virtual life to me made its initial footprints when we all heard the YOU GOT MAIL ping.It started the process of gunning it to your neighbors house to inform your friend about the latest events irrelevant because you can spend hours on end engaging in conversation about whatever topics were important to you via emailing and then chat. If you wanted to take it back a few years, i remember when games such as commander keen came into existence, you felt like the commander going through each level. We can take it back decades before that when Atari games were out, then Doom, Sims, Civilization, World of Warcraft, where a virtual life made it comfortable for a select population.

Since the beginning of this digital/technological globalization, I want to make my for stance around the notion that the world today is becoming dependent on technology and a virtual reality. we had cars to transport us, planes for our flights, boats for our sailing, but with the growing need to make our lives realer, technology has dutifully responded to our text. We have had the mambo cellular phones, to the flip phones, your sidekick, to now a smart phone in your pocket. The smart phone in your pocket may take up much of your storage space in applications. You're hungry? You can taste that pizza with one touch of a button. You want to know the nearest bar for a glass of wine? Google maps has you covered. Better yet, with an application on your phone, you can order a box of wine, taste it, rate it, and they send you more alcohol for you to drink! The smart phone in your pocket has an application for the nearest hiking spots, golf courses, social groups, whatever you need because society clamors for convenience.

Social media has reposted the needs. Twitter , YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook are primary ways in which people can express how they feel through a repost, an anecdote, a video or linking to something they saw on a different forum such as the IC or a news site or blog. Why do people feel so comfortable accessing these mediums? It allows them to be virtually vicarious with an upload, a tweet, an at on the 'Gram, and a screenshot on a snap without getting out of their comfort zone/bubble. Virtual life permits someone to live as though they have unlocked the infinite lives cheat- taking steps without repercussions, sounding off without publicly being labeled as a heretic, and selectively interpreting what it is that you see, under the guise of imho. Thank you.
    good evening ladies and gentlemen..
    imma make this quick.. its a quarter til 9 WestCoast time and im flirtin on snap..

i aint got time for this ? . lmmfao

so first let me start by making sure we all know what we're discussing during this debate..

"virtual reality"

virtual-
    adjective

ALMOST or NEARLY as described, but NOT completely or according to STRICT definition.

in other words NOT what its claiming to be.. CLOSE.. but no cigar chico!
    let me give u an example..

there's chew toys for dogs manufactured by "Kong" where they boast that its VIRTUALLY indestructable.. by STRICT definition that would mean it cant be destroyed.. u have a boxer or a german shepard and u may find urself completely satisfied wit the toy and slogan..

BUT SAY U .. have a rottweiler.. which i now have two of UD CALL BULL ? !!!

seein as a rottweiler has a bite force many times that of the "average" house dog, after a few hrs of "play" the toy is rendered useless.. these toys range in prices beginning at PRICEY and id have a good mind to take the ? back if not for the warning on the wrapping.. VIRTUALLY indestructable.. u see where im going with this??!

now lets look at life.. or "reality"

we as humans are social creatures.. we love to go out.. so we commute.. we love to eat *cough* @Young_Chitlin *cough* so we go out and dine.. we love to party.. we love to ? .. i mean the list goes on..

virtual reality can give us all forms of "entertainment" and if that was what this debate was about then id be hard pressed to argue in the near future it not taking over ENTERTAINMENT!! but things of substance?? a call from moms?? a kiss from the woman u love?? a hug from ur child?? a greeting from ur dog when u enter the house?? a meetup wit friends u aint seen in awhile?? THINGS OF SUBSTANCE there can be no substitute..

now if ur a hermit.. an extreme introvert like say majority of them chinese ? then yeh.. at one end ur scared of interaction but BECAUSE UR HUMAN u crave it so "virtual reality" will give u a happy medium.. BUT THIS IS 'MERICA.. we run the world and thats not how the world works.. life is a ? so we grab her by the ? .. now she's OUR ? !

there will never be a day where normal functioning human beings will trade in all they love for a semblance of it.. NO WAY JOSE! u can take that idea turn it sideways and stick it up ur candy kulo!

now.. if u dont mind..
    i got these ? on snap to tend to..

oh.. and before i go id jus like to point out that when my compadre chitterlings was listing his examples like when he mentioned wanting food and being able to one click it.. ALL THAT is STILL reality.. cause when it came to his door it wasnt a pixeled delivery guy handing him an imaginary pizza.. no it was a REAL person handing him a REAL pizza that he REALLY ate. thats technology making ones reality convenient.. not virtual...

jus sayin..

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    When my opponent gives you a post equating to the others receiving votes on an honorable mention list, clearly the concise manner in which I laid my points out was effective. I will now delve further- once again, I remind everyone of what it is that we are debating.

The Topic: Will the virtual life take over the reality ?

Merriam-Webster defines virtual as "being such in essence or effect though not formally recognized or admitted." My opponent brings out the example of chew toys and dogs. He ended the question with several question marks because even he didn't know where he was going with the question. For about two decades Pokemon has been in power with our youth the posters on this website. Why go through all the trouble of getting accessories for your pet when you can make your Pokemon hold and item feed them calcium or protein or zinc, and be content with it. It is not real to Outsiders but it's real to me dammit, they may say. The people that play the game are not wrong because while players are in the same region, they create their own world within that region- you can start with a grass type fire type or water type.

While it is stated that humans are social creatures, it would be unwise for my opponent to believe that every single human is pre deposed to act the same way. I could spend the whole debate talking about the news stories that we've heard from the Asian part of the world Eastern world much of that side of the world. I agree that we go out to consume I work in an office and that statement is very true Thursday night Wednesday night Friday night but if you're as worried as I am and as virtually invested as I am, statement my opponent made in that little blob of text is merely a hasty generalization of humans on this planet. I admit that we turn up as humans we like to engage in carnal desires with the opposite sex however, my opponent fails to realize that not all of humans have the same social capital as he believes that we do. Some Humans like my opponent charge their social capital on their credit cards, while the others live like no one else. The last eight words I'm not trying to argue are humans getting out of debt, but rather entertain yourselves in different ways that doesn't necessarily mean going out tonight clubs expensive restaurants that they can or cannot afford, etcetera. Virtual life is quite popular in Japan with anime being a major part of the culture. Virtual life in Japan involves going to the certain clubs and having a holographic girlfriend or several holographic escorts and Men and women are very entertained by that. Virtual life involves having dinner with Holograms or perhaps building robot with the personality of somebody close that you lost and being happy that way.

Virtual life will take over the reality because people have more control over how they feel how they live and how they operate because THEY set the rules and not the government nor an authoritative figure.

@BOSSExcellence
    msylft.jpg

Thank you.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    When my opponent gives you a post equating to the others receiving votes on an honorable mention list, clearly the concise manner in which I laid my points out was effective. I will now delve further- once again, I remind everyone of what it is that we are debating.

The Topic: Will the virtual life take over the reality ?

Merriam-Webster defines virtual as "being such in essence or effect though not formally recognized or admitted." My opponent brings out the example of chew toys and dogs. He ended the question with several question marks because even he didn't know where he was going with the question. For about two decades Pokemon has been in power with our youth the posters on this website. Why go through all the trouble of getting accessories for your pet when you can make your Pokemon hold and item feed them calcium or protein or zinc, and be content with it. It is not real to Outsiders but it's real to me dammit, they may say. The people that play the game are not wrong because while players are in the same region, they create their own world within that region- you can start with a grass type fire type or water type.

While it is stated that humans are social creatures, it would be unwise for my opponent to believe that every single human is pre deposed to act the same way. I could spend the whole debate talking about the news stories that we've heard from the Asian part of the world Eastern world much of that side of the world. I agree that we go out to consume I work in an office and that statement is very true Thursday night Wednesday night Friday night but if you're as worried as I am and as virtually invested as I am, statement my opponent made in that little blob of text is merely a hasty generalization of humans on this planet. I admit that we turn up as humans we like to engage in carnal desires with the opposite sex however, my opponent fails to realize that not all of humans have the same social capital as he believes that we do. Some Humans like my opponent charge their social capital on their credit cards, while the others live like no one else. The last eight words I'm not trying to argue are humans getting out of debt, but rather entertain yourselves in different ways that doesn't necessarily mean going out tonight clubs expensive restaurants that they can or cannot afford, etcetera. Virtual life is quite popular in Japan with anime being a major part of the culture. Virtual life in Japan involves going to the certain clubs and having a holographic girlfriend or several holographic escorts and Men and women are very entertained by that. Virtual life involves having dinner with Holograms or perhaps building robot with the personality of somebody close that you lost and being happy that way.

Virtual life will take over the reality because people have more control over how they feel how they live and how they operate because THEY set the rules and not the government nor an authoritative figure.

@BOSSExcellence
    msylft.jpg

Thank you.

maybe due to my compadre's homeland.. iunno perhaps they have a low elevation or something and my "chew toy" analogy went over his head.. funny tho seeing as it fits right into the narrative that he's tryin to steer the conversation..

for see a chew toy to a dog is what virtual reality is to a human being.. ENTERTAINMENT!! evident in all of what Young Chipotle is talking about. Human life is more complex then jus entertainment.. HELL.. even a dog will prefer a REAL bone to a nylon one.. and please Young Empada.. don't confuse my grammar with ME being confused.. the punctuation marks is jus how i type.. nothin more.. nothin less..

moving on..

u next brought up Pokémon.. ANOTHER FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT as an example of people's preference over pets.. feeding them.. training them and so on.. and if I'm not mistaken a phone app came out a lil over 5months ago.. it was the rave of the world... everybody was downloading to catch them all.. even i got caught up in the hype i must admit.. but once i caught my charzar i pretty much lost interest fast.. AS DID THE REST OF THE WORLD..

see i have this article id like to present to the audience.. https://gamerant.com/pokemon-go-paying-player-drop/ ...for those who don't like to click links.. here's a brief synopsis.. basically at the time of the article.. which was 3 months ago.. its highlighting how the product is still profitable for the company.. HOWEVER they experienced a 80% drop off of players... VIRTUALLY.. i say virtually cause the TRUE number is 79%... but eh! i was almost correct right??!

see how that works?? lol

it don't take a rocket scientist.. and I'm sure it won't take a food specialist *cough* @Young_Chitlin *cough* to understand what this article is saying.. virtual reality can entertain.. but it can't sustain!!! can i get a Amen! this ties back into my original argument that we as humans are more complex then what a virtual world can provide us which is why it will never take over reality..

he thens goes on about humans unknowingly supporting my first argument.. he even brought up the Asians..

"While it is stated that humans are social creatures, it would be unwise for my opponent to believe that every single human is pre deposed to act the same way."

this is where I KNEW my analogy went over his head wit the chew toy and dogs.. the chew toy being virtual reality.. and the dogs being humans.. iv already assessed that dogs (humans) differ.. which is why i used bite force.. (attention span).. a person who hates their life.. has no friends.. wants an escape will love the idea of a virtual world.. but a person who loves their life.. enjoys their family.. has friends.. likes to travel and touch and taste and experience things which is a VERY large part of the human populace will not go for a "nylon bone".. cause we know in that real bone is the marrow and thats the tastiest part! thats that kiss from the woman u love.. that "daddy i love u" from ur daughter.. "I'm so glad to see u son" from ur mother.. granny's sweet potato pie on thanksgiving.. NEVER IN A BILLION YEARS will virtual reality be the preference.. and THATS what this debate is about.

captain-america-chris-evans-salute.gif

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I believe the meme that Queen Gabi posted symbolizes my opponent's obesely-inflated sense of debate self, just wanted to state that. I won't into the chew toy analogy my opponent brought up again in his rebuttal because I understood clearly what my opponent was trying to get at- he seems to enjoy Chipotle and empanadas so much that F7 was yanked in a e-fit of gluttony. I'm six foot three, so very few things go over my head. But I will address the aspect of entertainment.

I mentioned in my previous round about the Holograms where people in Japan take that to an extreme level, per certain views. My opponent did something right in typing a sentence about human life that a lot of people on this website would agree with. Keeping my debate goggles on and the topic of our debate in mind, reality is indeed complex. We are fed I mean conditioned into believing that we have to be hard on hoes, flashy and engage in financial debauchery. I went to college and took a few economic classes and did some reading Forbes Bloomberg and the online website for the aforementioned. What I'm trying to get at with my example for this particular round on entertainment is that the internet is growing by the second. I've been tasked to argue why the virtual life will take over the reality and with that I want to make the following point- Technology is over-saturated. Now hold on a minute, Young_Chipotleempanada is about to destroy his own argument. Not so fast my friend, this is a good thing in terms of virtual life. With the saturation of technology, that makes entertainment have more options to entertain people.. virtually. I'll bring up another anime example again because men and women can have tea time and coffee time with their Waifus and husbandos, any notable character they like. They have at certain arcades Tekken where you can put on that stuff and actually "fight" Eddy, Law, etc. They have VR, where you can drive that Ferrari, Bugatti, fly a plane, etc. That's definitely cheaper than going to the Ferrari test track Bugatti test track or sign up to become a pilot. VR is very economical and people can personalize it to their liking.

I read the article that my opponent posted in his previous round for Pokemon Go. Sure the numbers are alarming; however, that is just a blip in the Pokemon Universe. If you read comments on websites and on YouTube videos of Pokemon, it's still one of the most popular forms of entertainment. My opponent is trying to use statistics and numbers via a short article to discredit the Pokemon analogy I made. I implore you to see the numbers for what they truly are. If you are able to press the A Button like you did in Pokemon yellow with Pikachu on each of the Pokemon fans, they're going to jump up like Pikachu and a have a heart, due to how personal their virtual reality is in each region.

I remind my opponent that his analogy did not go over my head in the slightest. Judges, please read the second and third lines multiple times when it comes time to make a decision on who won the debate when it's all said and done. I hope the generalizations that he's made do not deter you from your decision on who won the debate. Yet again I need to remind my opponent that not everybody's the same. It would appear to me that my opponent is using highlights from his life to vicariously debate his points. The fifth line of his final paragraph can definitely be agreed upon. I have to disagree with the last sentence of the last paragraph though. While we do real things in this reality of ours and will always do- go to work, pay bills, swiping your credit card, the preference will always be for a more convenient life, and what better type of life than one you have more control over? What better type of life than one is more personal to you? What better type of life than one that allow you to more creative in that you set the parameters over? The reality tells you how to live your life, while virtual reality tells you how to love your life and not theirs. Thank you.

@BOSSExcellence

n6qiac.jpg

I remind my opponent that his analogy did not go over my head in the slightest. Judges, please read the second and third lines multiple times when it comes time to make a decision on who won the debate when it's all said and done. I hope the generalizations that he's made do not deter you from your decision on who won the debate. Yet again I need to remind my opponent that not everybody's the same. It would appear to me that my opponent is using highlights from his life to vicariously debate his points. The fifth line of his final paragraph can definitely be agreed upon. I have to disagree with the last sentence of the last paragraph though. While we do real things in this reality of ours and will always do- go to work, pay bills, swiping your credit card, the preference will always be for a more convenient life, and what better type of life than one you have more control over? What better type of life than one is more personal to you? What better type of life than one that allow you to more creative in that you set the parameters over? The reality tells you how to live your life, while virtual reality tells you how to love your life and not theirs. Thank you.

@BOSSExcellence

n6qiac.jpg

smh.. here we go.. talking in circles now..
    is that uv ran out of ? to say @Young_Pupusa??

u say on one hand "that not everybody's the same" but then wanna use China.. Entertainment.. Pokémon.. and Tekken as the basis for ur argument.. so basically u would impose the will of the chinese people on the rest of the world??

how can u tell me and the audience everyone is not the same but then argue that everyone will be like the chinese?? u can't have it both ways..

True when it comes to technology China leads the world..
    but when it comes to LIFEstyle who do they follow??

MERICA!!!!

now lets talk about lifestyle.. for u see China is a communist.. everybody is being oppressed there and they are miserable so the only thing they CAN DO is imagine.. ITS NO WONDER virtual reality has taken off over there.. but that aint the rest of the world and it damn sure aint MERICA! we are CAPITALIST! the world is for our taking!! i said it before.. life is a ? so we grab it by the ? ! u ever felt ? before?? NOTHING a virtual simulator can duplicate in a million years!!!

u make it sound so easy.. "oh jus log on and BAM ur in a Lamborghini" nah.. thats not gonna do it for us.. thats jus a nylon bone.. where's the marrow?? the appreciation of finally having something u worked EXTREMELY hard for?? that rush when u first turn on the ignition and the car vibrations rumble through ur body?? that first drive and when u pull up to valet and ALL THE REAL PEOPLE stop to stare?? that i REALLY did it feeling??

in China they'll never do it cause they're not allowed to.. I'm not sure they can even rent one.. so the next best thing is put on some goggles to see what its like to be in the cockpit.. so yeh.. there will always be a place for VR but it will never TAKE the place of reality for the MAJORITY because our lives our jus fine.. and if its not we have the opportunity to make it so..

Nothing beats the thrill of the chase.

*looks over to team world*

hey guys.. y'all only have one advantage over us..
    y'all can kiss our ? and we can't! hahahaha

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @Young_Chipotleempanadapupusachingatumadrecarajo has addressed each important point my opponent has attempted to make round after round, for the record.

What I was successfully debating using my Tekken point was that when I saw this form of virtual reality at GameWorks in Tempe, every other game on the floor was ghost because this virtual reality game version brought a new way to enter the popular world of Tekken, by you the user using VR to "fight." We now have VR in the GTA universe, furthering my point that VR is more economical and will get even more economical.

Now I read through my third round again and expect it to be in an almanac of how great third rounds in online debates be mind you... how can my opponent tell me and the audience that I made the most infinitesimal of arguments such as everyone will be like the Chinese when I never typed such an argument? When the judges go through my rounds and do not find that, I hope that the judges ding my opponent for making a sensationalist point to discredit my argument by saying that I made an argument that I never argued. Now I would have more things to type about if my opponent had mentioned Japan and I would dissect each point my opponent makes.. Alas, my opponent sees a synonym or analogy, and makes a juvenile opportunity to do a red herring and tu quoque fallacy. My opponent can make the argument that a virtual simulator cannot duplicate; however, I have proven word for word in this debate that my opponent is sterile in terms of making convincing debate arguments.

My opponent goes off like he was in a tank in Tiananmen Square, feeling himself and really believing that his final points in his previous round smash, ergo drive the debate in his direction. I hope the judges see a similar comparison as I'm seeing, that being the proverbial rock being lodged in. It would seem that I have to make this point round after round and although we only have 5 rounds in this debate, I could argue my position for 55 rounds or more. The point is not everybody is the same. Virtual life has the reality by the throat and it will not let go until it fully imitates a cheetah or lion. I know there are people (me included) that are trying to live like no one else, until later we can leave and give like no one else CARAJO.. again I make the statement that not everybody is the same and people appreciate things their own way at their own time. My opponent fails to see that the judges read his words and the word vicarious shines bright like the Vegas lights. Here we see VR Lamborghini driving https://youtu.be/oTtdqvmJ2FM

and Flying a plane VR, https://youtu.be/a0V8quv0rsc

I have one more thing to add before I make my final point for this round-

Team World are the real Stars of these debates. Team World are the true patriots of these debates.

2zir01x.jpg

My final point of this round..

Loving your life (and not theirs!) is key. If that entails a more virtual of a life, what right does society or my opponent have to say that is wrong? Virtual life, should it be your preferred life over the reality, should not have dissent from you if it matters more to you and you truly believe that it matters most to you over the reality.

@BOSSExcellence

28qyjw1.gif

Thank you.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

now if u dont mind..

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    My opponent believes that debating me is not engaging or challenging enough for him. JUDGES, save for the slight delay before my first round, you have seen me deliver nothing but logical arguments, sprinkling some images, YouTubes, and a picture of my car for powerful imagery to support my team. My opponent claimed he "responds on site." Clearly, you have seen (or will when you go through the rounds) that he did not respond on site. His responses after my rounds speak loudly.

I'd like to clear up some important definitions:

Virtual reality- an artificial environment which is experienced through sensory stimuli (as sights and sounds) provided by a computer and in which one's actions partially determine what happens in the environment; also :  the technology used to create or access a virtual reality

Imply-strongly suggest the truth or existence of (((something not expressly stated)))

My opponent believes that his argument is more convincing by splicing the hairs of an argument via cherry picking and implying that I said something when I expressly did not say it.

I have stated in previous rounds about what other cultures other countries do to delve into virtual reality. My arguments were heavy on gaming and cars and flying because that's all a major part of popular culture/popular forms of entertainment and it has a huge part in technological globalization.

My opponent is next mentioning about going to the big game that he tries to argue for the reality side. There's nothing wrong with the game if that's what you're into and you can afford it without it breaking your budget. It can be agreed that see the game live is a real experience. What about the football fan who wants to watch from the comfort of his or her home and gets premium access to be first in line to snacks, first in line to the latrine and all that? Why go to the stadium when you can make the stadium at home and have an enhanced experience? My opponent does not want to truly admit the adage of not everyone is the same. I'll throw this caveat though- http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-next/0ap3000000543135/NFL-NEXT-The-VR-fan-experience

Who would not want to telecommute if it makes your job easier? Who would not want to use services such as Apple pay and Samsung pay if it makes paying for goods easier? Virtual life can really be a source of entertainment. Who would not want to have fun in creating their own path in virtual life?

Thank you to all involved. This was one heck of a debate, and I enjoyed it. Go team World CARAJO!

FINALLY!!!
    we have come to the conclusion of this debate..

jus as i guessed he stayed his course.. adding nothing new to the argument.. same ol entertainment.. and confusing convenience of reality wit virtual reality..

its okay.. he gave a valiant effort..
    and somewhat surprised me seein as i thought he could only talk about REAL food..

in closing id jus like for everyone to sot back and remember their first time riding a bike.. the first time the family let u bring a dish for the holidays and everyone loved it.. the first time u ran a red light and didnt get caught.. the first time u approached a girl u was head over hills for she gave u her number.. or the first time that guy from across the room approached u and asked u for a dance..the smell of foldgers in ur cup when ur waking up.. etc. etc..

these are all things we love and cherish a feeling that cant be duplicated..
    cause what good is the reward without the risk!?

thats what life is all about.. cause and effect.. the consequence whether good or bad that defines us as human beings.. that shapes our lives as individuals..

im sorry.. but a simple game no matter how complex can never substitute..

id like to thank u for ur time..
    Team America for the Gold! amd Chiefs for the win..

middle.gif

• CapitalB
    Options
    That JC at the end is poetic! lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    he took it to football in from of the raiders fans
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    My fault for the delay, I'll place my vote in the next hr or so.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options