I Am Not Your ? Official Teaser Trailer (2016) - Documentary

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I Am Not Your ? is an American documentary film by Raoul Peck, released in 2016.Based on James Baldwin's unfinished manuscript Remember This House and narrated by actor Samuel L. Jackson, the film explores the history of race relations in the United States through Baldwin's reminiscences of civil rights leaders Medgar Evers, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03en4usVQBk

a review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJcGWj8quW4

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Oh ? . Take my money.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
    Oh ? . Take my money.
    In.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ "Heston was...woke."

Oh white people...
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This looks excellent.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.
  • marc123
    Options
    "Im not a ? , im a man. If you think im a ? , that means you need it. And you have find out why..."
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    lol @ "Heston was...woke."

Oh white people...

Lol I turned that vid off when I heard that.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna watch the review.

Welp I know what I'll being doing either the night of Feb 2nd or on Feb 3rd.

• NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

Let me guess, you're a girl? Y'all stay getting behind ? ? due to your ignorance on the topic.

Homosexuality is a form of warfare on black culture from an outside culture. Their ideology is pure poison for the simple fact that if everyone practiced their way of life, the human race would be extinct.

If you think I'm going to watch a documentary focused around an extremely confused individual who perpetuated ? boy syndrome, you're out your damn mind. I don't give a ? about his take on anything, his mind was clearly fried.

James Baldwin was playing butt pirate with white men, the very same white men who were oppressing his people. If that's not a walking contradiction, what is? His actions and viewpoints scream NOT CREDIBLE, no matter how well he articulates them.

...Continue to live in your bubble where you deem any black man who can articulate a point, credible, and I'll continue to expose these agents that were given the title of black leader.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James Baldwin done more for black folk than emotional rants from cats who talk ? about homosexuality. We see it in Bonobo's in the wild and plenty of other species.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

Let me guess, you're a girl? Y'all stay getting behind ? ? due to your ignorance on the topic.

Homosexuality is a form of warfare on black culture from an outside culture. Their ideology is pure poison for the simple fact that if everyone practiced their way of life, the human race would be extinct.

If you think I'm going to watch a documentary focused around an extremely confused individual who perpetuated ? boy syndrome, you're out your damn mind. I don't give a ? about his take on anything, his mind was clearly fried.

James Baldwin was playing butt pirate with white men, the very same white men who were oppressing his people. If that's not a walking contradiction, what is? His actions and viewpoints scream NOT CREDIBLE, no matter how well he articulates them.

...Continue to live in your bubble where you deem any black man who can articulate a point, credible, and I'll continue to expose these agents that were given the title of black leader.

Didn't read a word of that ? . I'm not going back and forth with your idiotic ass on this.

Post your resume if you really believe anything you've done in your life for the black community can stand against James Baldwin or if it puts you in any position to try to discredit him. If not, ? anything you have to say about it. Simple as that.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    James Baldwin done more for black folk than emotional rants from cats who talk ? about homosexuality. We see it in Bonobo's in the wild and plenty of other species.

Lol at comparing animals to humans, wheretheydothatat? ? ? has never been accepted by prominent African cultures as a normal way of life.

What has Baldwin done for black people that hasn't been done before, besides his homosexual influence? His perspective was and has been overlapped by far greater leaders.
  • marc123
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

lol. @ this rambling. u sound like a crazy person.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Lol at comparing animals to humans, wheretheydothatat? ? ? has never been accepted by prominent African cultures as a normal way of life.

What has Baldwin done for black people that hasn't been done before, besides his homosexual influence? His perspective was and has been overlapped by far greater leaders.

Post a resume or ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm talking about organisms, culture and biology doesn't have to come to the same terms.

James Baldwin put in work and risk his life and the thing you are worried about his sexual behavior with another consenting adult? Like the Gabi said, post your resume working in the community.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

I'm talking about organisms, culture and biology doesn't have to come to the same terms.

James Baldwin put in work and risk his life and the thing you are worried about his sexual behavior with another consenting adult? Like the Gabi said, post your resume working in the community.

Anyone pushing or presenting the homosexuality lifestyle to the black community is an obvious agent. He didn't do ? special, but poison the mind of the impressionable ones like yourself.

And if you need credentials to denounce someone and be taken seriously, then in the same space you need equal credentials to praise someone, so miss me with that simple man's logic. Why would I even entertain your request, just so you can say I'm lying? That kind of ? doesn't work on someone like me.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

This ? dumb af
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

Yeah but that has nothing to do with this movie is you ? idiot.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    From the OP:
    the film explores the history of race relations in the United States through Baldwin's reminiscences of civil rights leaders Medgar Evers, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr.

My response:

Get it now? Let the emotions out of it and learn how to comprehend. Also miss me with the ad hominem tactics. You get no points for being a keyboard warrior.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Post a resume or ? .

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where is this ? at
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll make sure to see this 2 or 3 times, they're going to get this money