Homeless Rapper Rick Ross Signed Releases Mixtape - This ? Goes

Options
2»

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, this is dope... Im pleasantly surprised, shoutout to Ross for signing and backing him... If dude really was homeless he should have loads of ammo for his verses...
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The tape is too long
    He needs to work on his hook game and that sillk flow on some of these tracks... otherwise I'm not mad at what I heard!

? morning side is tough!!!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in dashikis shootin off rooftops ahahhaha yoooooooooooooo this ? BANGS
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    He still ain't nicer than Jay electronica tho..

Aiight well...........lemmie know when that ? actually drops a album of any kind or even a properly mastered release of his classics.............
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ? in dashikis shootin off rooftops ahahhaha yoooooooooooooo this ? BANGS
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    He still ain't nicer than Jay electronica tho..

Aiight well...........lemmie know when that ? actually drops a album of any kind or even a properly mastered release of his classics.............

You right,b...the muthafucka only drops ? when certain meteorites get near the planet

Doesn't mean he ain't nicer...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is a ? even comparing dude to dude?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just listened to most of the mixtape, dude is dope... For some reason I thought he was from Miami before I peeped his music, then I heard the first few verses and was like dude sounds mad West Coast haha

IMO dude sounds abit like a more conscious version of Nipsey Hustle, I think he goes abit of beat at times though, but if he continues to improve dude can could be a big name, Im defo routing for him, I think we need more rappers like him dropping some knowledge on tracks...

Big up to Ross for giving him a chance and adding different vibe to MMG, I think the label needed a West Coast rapper on the roster too though...
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Stalley still signed to MMG? He was dope, but his album didn't sell too great.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Is Stalley still signed to MMG? He was dope, but his album didn't sell too great.

Lol understatement
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did Stalley sell? I'm a big fan of bruh. He outta place on mmg. He spits poetry on a label that is ran by a made up character. I'd like to see Stalley work with currency more.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aztec_Kang wrote: »
    What did Stalley sell? I'm a big fan of bruh. He outta place on mmg. He spits poetry on a label that is ran by a made up character. I'd like to see Stalley work with currency more.

If I remember it was 10,000 copies. SMH

Could be worse Gunplay only sold 1,000
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need more work from Issa

I hope he doesn't keep a Jay Elec release schedule
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe I didn't hear this dude spit until now (or that he's signed to MMG). Where the album at?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't ross say he was done?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone aware of this?

Isa Muhammad, Rapper Rick Ross Signed Off the Street, Quits Music

Isa Muhammad’s career is over just as quickly as it started. The Maybach Music Group artist, who was signed after impressing Rick Ross with a freestyle on the street, said he’s quitting music.

“I’m not making anymore music. This my one and only album,” he wrote on Twitter today (Jan. 5). “I retire from music. Not because it ain’t goin how I want. But because music is forbidden in Islam and because music is not apart of my plan.”

In December, Muhammad made his official debut with a mixtape titled Diabolical Bastard Billionaire Genius. The project showed a lot of promise, but it appears that fans won’t have the opportunity to hear more from the talented MC.

“Still Isa Muhammad. Nothing’s changed,” he continued. “I’m just not gone be rapping anymore. On to the next play. If someone buys me out of my contract or they drop me from the label than I may continue, I’d need a very large contract like 4.5 million. I ain’t tripin I accomplished what I sat out to do, which I was make a classic album.”

Although Muhammad originally claimed he wasn’t retiring due to his dealings with Rick Ross and Maybach Music Group, he contracted himself in subsequent statements. The MC spoke negatively of MMG and said they insulted him.

“Some of the things I be rapping about prolly are to controversial for Ross & MMG to support,” he wrote. “I don’t want to be signed to MMG any more. They insulted me with how they treated me, given my performance. Like I said I’m not even thinking about music at all, I’ve moved on. Seriously I’ve made other plans. I’m on that Lauryn hill one album ? .”

Rick Ross has not commented on the situation at this time. XXL will provide our readers with any updates as we learn more.

Read More: Isa Muhammad, Rapper Rick Ross Signed Off the Street, Quits Music - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/01/isa-muhammad-quits-music/?trackback=tsmclip
  • Beta
    Options
    Ross said he didn't wanna put the work in a few months ago on I think brilliant idiots
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    ^ 1 mixtape & that's all she wrote Isa ain't mmg no more..

Gunplay is about 2 drop his sophomore album #ThePlug 6/9
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    ^ 1 mixtape & that's all she wrote Isa ain't mmg no more..

Gunplay is about 2 drop his sophomore album #ThePlug 6/9

he ain't get his chain back cause he ?
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    a homeless man drops an album before Jay Electronica..you know it's bad
  • Beta
    Options
    a homeless man drops an album before Jay Electronica..you know it's bad

Maybe jay elec should become homeless again
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Anyone aware of this?

Isa Muhammad, Rapper Rick Ross Signed Off the Street, Quits Music

Isa Muhammad’s career is over just as quickly as it started. The Maybach Music Group artist, who was signed after impressing Rick Ross with a freestyle on the street, said he’s quitting music.

“I’m not making anymore music. This my one and only album,” he wrote on Twitter today (Jan. 5). “I retire from music. Not because it ain’t goin how I want. But because music is forbidden in Islam and because music is not apart of my plan.”

In December, Muhammad made his official debut with a mixtape titled Diabolical Bastard Billionaire Genius. The project showed a lot of promise, but it appears that fans won’t have the opportunity to hear more from the talented MC.

“Still Isa Muhammad. Nothing’s changed,” he continued. “I’m just not gone be rapping anymore. On to the next play. If someone buys me out of my contract or they drop me from the label than I may continue, I’d need a very large contract like 4.5 million. I ain’t tripin I accomplished what I sat out to do, which I was make a classic album.”

Although Muhammad originally claimed he wasn’t retiring due to his dealings with Rick Ross and Maybach Music Group, he contracted himself in subsequent statements. The MC spoke negatively of MMG and said they insulted him.

“Some of the things I be rapping about prolly are to controversial for Ross & MMG to support,” he wrote. “I don’t want to be signed to MMG any more. They insulted me with how they treated me, given my performance. Like I said I’m not even thinking about music at all, I’ve moved on. Seriously I’ve made other plans. I’m on that Lauryn hill one album ? .”

Rick Ross has not commented on the situation at this time. XXL will provide our readers with any updates as we learn more.

Read More: Isa Muhammad, Rapper Rick Ross Signed Off the Street, Quits Music - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/01/isa-muhammad-quits-music/?trackback=tsmclip
    most homless people are crazy. ross shoyuld have left him in the street.

shame. i really like the mixtape