So If The Patriots Go All The Way And Win The Superbowl Should Tom Brady Retire?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think if they win a Superbowl this year Tom Brady would be the undisputed GOAT quarterback.

In fact, imo he is the undisputed GOAT quarterback.

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I think if they win a Superbowl this year Tom Brady would be the undisputed GOAT quarterback.

In fact, imo he is the undisputed GOAT quarterback.

I think he should if that were to happen but he wont, i think hell keep going till he starts to play like peyton did last season(trash)
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Let em play still he sucks, like he said.

I see no reason that ring #6 wouldn't be far away if he gets ring 5 next month.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    But that's what I'm saying. He has the opportunity to retire on top with 5 rings. No quarterback has ever done that.

In fact, there aren't any quarterbacks on pace to win 5 rings.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why retire? Even if he never wins again he'll still be remembered for winning 5, not like it's going to hurt his legacy to keep playing
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why retire if he still feels capable of playing?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Why retire? Even if he never wins again he'll still be remembered for winning 5, not like it's going to hurt his legacy to keep playing

Its good to go out on top.

Even though Peyton didn't have the greatest year last year, he went out on top.

And John Elway won 2 Superbowls in a row and retired at the top.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He already is the GOAT QB bruh, he just trying to add icing to the cake by now. He could have retired after that 2014 super bowl and still been the GOAT.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    He already is the GOAT QB bruh, he just trying to add icing to the cake by now. He could have retired after that 2014 super bowl and still been the GOAT.

Cosign the bolded.

He's the only QB to have 6 Superbowl appearances
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    still playin at an elite level ? quitting
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Brady is as driven an athlete we'll ever see, what you think his mind set should be is the opposite of how he operates, if his goal is to play till he's 45 he'll go for it, and he's changing the whole mind set of what's old in the NFL, athletes are going to change their whole regimen and you will see more players playing longer at a high level
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok collingsworth
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yea...cause they were washed up...so why would you come back after winning it all. 1 star thread
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Yea...cause they were washed up...so why would you come back after winning it all. 1 star thread

How were they washed up if they lead their team to the Superbowl and won?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Peyton was just last year you obviously weren't watching if you think he lead Denver to ? , Von Miller lead them to a superbowl, Peyton finished 28th in qbr and was only better than Brian Hoyer in the playoffs, the hgh wore off, Elway unfortunately couldn't figure it out like Brady and his body was broken down
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Nah he should keep going.

I think Tom Brady is one of those dudes who lives for his profession (apart from his wife and kids) i think he only nerds out for football.

probably will join the Trump administration.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Play as long as they giving him checks
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    Retire from thread making

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

You're an idiot.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

You're an idiot.

All you have to do is answer the question;

How were John Elway and Peyton Manning washed up if they won Superbowls in the final year of their careers?

Define "washed up".
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    NOOOO! Payton Manning retired and won a SUPERBOWL with the worst QB seasonal stats of a tittle winning QB probably ever,Tom Brady is still at the top of his game.

To the rest of the hating on Brady bunch, Quit praying for Tom Brady to retire and pray for you ? smoking ass team to get better.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're an idiot.

All you have to do is answer the question;

How were John Elway and Peyton Manning washed up if they won Superbowls in the final year of their careers?

Define "washed up".

TD carried that Broncos offense to those SB's more then Elway did

And everybody knows the Broncos defense was 100% responsible for last years SB win. Peyton was trash the whole season. So much so that it was a real possibility Oswidler was gonna replace him.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Alright, I'm gonna change the subject but I didn't feel like creating a new thread;

Have you ever seen a dynasty like the Patriots in your lifetime?

The answer is probably no.

I remember the 80s when the Celtics and Lakers used to go at it. The Lakers went to the finals 9 times between 1980-1991 and won 5 rings. And Magic Johnson was on each and every one of those teams.

The Bulls went to the finals six times in the 90s and were 6-for-6.

Tom Brady is going to the Super Bowl for the 7th time which is more than any quarterback in history but he needs two more Superbowls to catch up to Magic Johnson.

Nevertheless, 7 Superbowls is quite remarkable.

This is history in the making.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Spurs run during this same time frame has been better, but yeah... no hate. Appreciate this while you still can. It'll be over before you know it.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tom Brady is going to the Super Bowl for the 7th time which is more than any quarterback in history but he needs two more Superbowls to catch up to Magic Johnson.

Nevertheless, 7 Superbowls is quite remarkable.

This is history in the making.

I don't think Brady needs to go to 9 Superbowls to catch up to Magic.

If people are going to compare them it's going to be on Championships won, not championship appearances.

I don't care if you make 20 championship appearances, if you don't win you sol