Isolation..

Options
KamPushMe
KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is there ever a time that you purposely isolate yourself from others? Any specific reasons? Let's have a discussion.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I prefer it. It helps me think. When I meditated I used to isolate myself too
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I associate with my close friends and family. I isolate myself in order to get things done. I lead by example
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Is there ever a time that you purposely isolate yourself from others? Any specific reasons? Let's have a discussion.

I isolated myself while becoming aware of the position I am in as an African in America...it helped me develop a better understanding of life
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I ruminate on the vicissitudes of life.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Top of the key ..during cruntch time with a weak defender is usually the best time..

tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

That gif tho bruh... why you bringing up old ? ?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    During finals week, I was always a hermit.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes I sit back with a Buddha sack
    Mind's in another world
    Thinking: "How can we exist through the facts?"
    Written in school text books, bibles, et cetera
    ? a school lecture, the lies get me vexed-er
    So I be ghost from my projects, I take my pen and pad
    For the weekend, hittin' L's while I'm sleepin'
    A two-day stay, you may say I need the time alone
    To relax my dome, no phone, left the 9 at home

• Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I normally isolate myself at turning points within my life. Sometimes being alone can get you through things depending on what type of person you are.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always. People drain me.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do my best work when I'm by myself and when there are VERY important things that impact me moreso than others I have a tendency to go it alone and not tell anybody until it's done.

However, one thing I've learned in life is that there is great value in being in a team and winning together. When it's something that effects several people, I like to include other people so that we can have the same experience together....instead of trying to play every position (which can sometimes breed hate). Winning together helps to build reputation and loyalty.

I've never been the type to need a cheerleading support squad but I have people that want to be that for me at times... (and I'll do the same thing for someone I'm down with if they are the type that works best with support).
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I prefer it. It helps me think. When I meditated I used to isolate myself too

Cs. Mediation and self-hypnotism are things I do constantly when I find myself isolated.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep to myself a lot....that transition has helped keep me alive
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Ying and Yang with me. My demeanor when interacting with others is mostly like someone that never meet a stranger, is a ppl person and even sometimes come off as life of the party... because part of me is really like that. But at the core I'm an introvert. I generally can't stand groups of ppl for longer than couple hour periods at a time...but it really just depend on the group tho. But 9 times outta 10 if I had to choose I'll choose solitude over any group. Solitude is like a strange and familiar friend of mine that I'm gonna forever want to go back and spend time with no matter how close the other ppl in my life are.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." -Orson Welles
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solitude is one of my favorite words. My ideal vacation is a dark room.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the older philosophers said thousands of years ago that all the answers you are looking for within yourself. ? really is true.

Doesnt mean your gonna find the answer to some algebraic question if you look within. But it does mean that if you are going through any trouble life, spending time with yourself for a while will usually either lead you to the answer, or come to accept the situation for what it is so you can put it behind yourself.

One advice I always give youngings who want to listen is to always have some alone time. Just chill back and do nothing time.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been practicing this a lot lately especially since college semester is back in session. You'll never find yourself until you're by yourself. That's when you can sit back & think all of the things that you need to do & things that you want & desire. I've accomplished more things while going according solo than with a group. Plus like the 48 laws quote "Use Absence To Increase Honor & Respect". I also like to isolate myself because of that law. In that chapter it spoke how powerful a return from isolation can be

"Once you die, everything about you will seem different. You will be surrounded by an instant aura of respect. People will remember their criticisms of you, their arguments with you and will be filled with regret and have to wait until you die: By completely withdrawing for awhile, you create a kind of death before death. And when you come back, it will be as if you had come back from the dead. An air of resurrection will cling to you, and people will be relieved at your return".

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When I write I books I have to be isolated.
    Whenever i can get away from the people I work with without abandoning my shift I get myself alone. Too much gossip and too much plotting with too many ears that listen. Probably why I kept a job for 13 years and almost everyone else is gone.
    [Verse 3]
    The reason that I want to be alone
    Tired of all the things that went wrong
    That would have went right if I would have did it on my own
    Take another swig
    The more I drink, the more I think bad thoughts
    Fake friends who hung around who wanna bring you down
    Not knowing who to trust, rumors about ? coming through
    Supposedly to shoot at us, not knowing what was true
    Or what to believe, that's why I'm on the low lately
    Choosing a Henny bottle over a friend, driving again
    To keep my mind off that weak ?
    There's love through it all
    Things to live for
    I swerve, almost crash into a wall
    Think about the good
    Find myself laughing
    Turn the cell off
    No way to be reached
    Know I'm near my crib
    Tryna see my way through the streets
    Reminded of the positive, I take my ? ass home
    Start feeling out of it, can't wait to get out of this whip
    Bring my ass to the crib
    I'm tired...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do it often. I'm pretty shy and introverted and my job requires me to talk and approach random people all the time after dealing with so much people it's draining af I just want to go home and not talk to anyone anymore unless they're important to me.