Dear White People | Netflix Series | 4.28.17

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will say this about the show: that whole "stay woke" ? is annoying. Seems like they took something meant to mean real consciousness and turned it into just another phrase.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I will say this about the show: that whole "stay woke" ? is annoying. Seems like they took something meant to mean real consciousness and turned it into just another phrase.

This..but this been happened in the real world.. i think that was purposeful..
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome show

I like how they gave each character thier own episode to flesh them out. Made me invest in the characters...and yeah ep 5 was real as ? .

And Colandrea >>>>>Samantha
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt care for the movie.. but 3 eps in and this show is hitting.. im ? wit it
  • MissMe DramaFree
    MissMe DramaFree Members, Banned Users Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options
    This show next on the Checklist. Netflix winning too many good shows to choose from
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched it all this weekend and I LOVE IT.

Also I love how they play on the old Spike Lee movie school days certain ? they do.

Thought the movie was mediocre but the show is ? great.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will check this out

....btw yall just hated the movie because she ended up with a white guy lol
  • playmaker88
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Will check this out

....btw yall just hated the movie because she ended up with a white guy lol

No because it was some latte sippin millenial ?

• Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it so far
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Show was good as hell. The character episodes made me think twice about the snap judgments we have on certain black ppl. Especially colandrea.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Show was good as hell. The character episodes made me think twice about the snap judgments we have on certain black ppl. Especially colandrea.

The character development was a high point though.. I really didnt feel any affinity for Colandrea i just can't feel anything for people that go along to get along...She wasnt likeable at all. That trick Sorbet was just an overall wack ass character.(Stacey Dash) ass.

like i said the millenial bs just throws me off .. Id prefer if it was was more Higher Learning/Different world type of vibe but i guess it makes sense because kids/youth are in a different place they were then; I did see that a woman that was involved in A Different World has her hands in this series
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The show is better than the movie.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still can't get over the fact that the main character is a militant black chick smashing a cac. ? is Wack and defeats the whole purpose
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Still can't get over the fact that the main character is a militant black chick smashing a cac. ? is Wack and defeats the whole purpose

Your going to see more and more of this on every movie and tv show. Another thing I didnt like was the black people are racist undertone and all this "reverse racism" ? ! Racism includes POWER to deny/disenfranchise whole groups of people and blacks cant do this. Blacks can only be BIAS towards a certain race.

Ive only watched up to ep 4 or 5 I cant remember but I loved the shots they took at scandel lmfao! Theres some other things I didnt like but I dont want to spoil/reveal too much.
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Another thing which should of been mentioned first is Logan Browning is a BAD ? That chick is sexy af. I would stalk her if I had money for transportation lolzzzz
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    godoffun wrote: »
    Another thing which should of been mentioned first is Logan Browning is a BAD ? That chick is sexy af. I would stalk her if I had money for transportation lolzzzz

Colendria and Joelle >>>>
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash on Colendria
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Colendria and Joelle >>>>

Nia Long. She got enough cake for 4 birthday parties

Troy a lucky dude...up to episode 4 at least...that's all I've watched so far.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope show...covered dang near every base....
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Dope show...covered dang near every base....

• Systemic Racism
    • Activism
    • Homosexuality
    • Interracial dating
    • Social media
    • Microaggression
    • Colorism
    • White privilege
    • Assimilation
    • Cultural appropriation
    • Post-racial society ideology
    • Racial hypocrisy