At what point do we acknowledge that flo-rida is actually a good rapper?

Options
2»

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? getting that bank with the music he makes
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might have to listen to his ? again. i was under the impression that he was universally trash
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone says he's caking

Is he? Maybe he's broke af. Who is actually paying to see him live? Be honest with yourself
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

Is he? Maybe he's broke af. Who is actually paying to see him live? Be honest with yourself

You could say the ame about pitbull..

Somebody.. alot of somebodies fun fact this is the embodiement of Flo-rida
    SNAP.gif
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao why was this thread made at 3am

4am for me lol
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Yiu1wy2lk

There was a time, SMH. I thought he was gon do somethin. He made a choice to capitalize. He coulda made some noise though. This was the first song I ever heard from dude, next time I seen him it was like he did a sign and trade to pop culture for chris brown.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Young white people I guess. He and Pitbull went international....and won.

Looks like he had the #2 selling single last year....#1 was Justin Timberlake.

2. Flo Rida - 'My House'
    Flo's biggest track to date, 'My House', sold 515,000 copies in 2015... but it REALLY took off this year, moving another 2.2million! The US rapper belted out the smash at our Summertime Ball back in June, and had the whole of Wembley Stadium on their feet! (Pic: PA)

This says he was worth 30 million back in 2013 and not many of us can name 1 of his songs.

American rapper Flo-Rida has an estimated net worth of $30 million in 2013. He is best recognized for his hit song “Low,” which featured T-Pain. The single remained as a #1 hit in the US for ten weeks in 2008. He is also known for his single “Right Round” which sustained a #1 spot on US charts for six weeks.

Some of his hit international singles include “Club Can’t Handle Me”, “Whistle”, “Wild Ones”, and “Good Feeling”. As of 2013, Flo-Rida has already released four studio albums, including Mail on Sunday (2008), R.O.O.T.S. (2009), Only One Flo (Part 1) (2010), and Wild Ones (2012). In the past Flo-Rida has collaborated with other artists like Nicki Minaj, David Guetta, Ke$ha, Akon, and Rick Ross. Best recognized for his stage name Flo-Rida, Tramar Lacel Dillard was born on September 16, 1979 in Carol City, Florida, United States.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'm a tell you what Banks told me cause go 'head switch the style up
    If the ? hate then let 'em hate
    Watch the money pile up

this
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His debut Mail On Sunday was actually a decent "rap" album before he completely went the "party rap" route.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a good rapper, I guess. Both he and Pitbull are a hell of a lot better than what's popular these days. But as someone else said, his music is soulless. So from a general Hip Hop standpoint, it's not very good.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    International hip hop touring money > Domestic touring money.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    International hip hop touring money > Domestic touring money.

Yeah if dude is selling out Wembley and getting standing ovations there....he made it financially.

But i do agree dude's music has no soul whatsoever.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll admit it on the first day of April
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Now that I think about it Pitbull's first album was basically a gangsta/crunk album that was mostly produced by Lil Jon if I remember right. He was on a couple songs on early Khaled albums that weren't party type songs either like "Born-N-Raised" with Trick Daddy and Rick Ross.
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? makes Bourbon St. and Vegas strip music. His sales don't matter if skills is the convo.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sure he well touring. Plus like what's already been mentioned, you stay here his ? on tv ads, trailers etc.

They ain't giving that ? a $50 dollar bill and a fresh pack of wifebeaters. He making some bread by letting him use his music.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie trailer music
    Upbeat department store music
    Urban music for white people

What about it's goin down with shy glizzy i think
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say what you want, dude paided dues back in the day. He can actually rap if he wanted too.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIXSfEYctmU

every real hip hop head was laughin at Young MC back in the days so I wanted to put this video here to compare Flo-Rida to him but then realised compared to todays rappers ,Young Mc has some bars in there lol smh