Crashing, New HBO Show Starring Pete Holmes, Artie Lange, TJ Miller, Sarah Silverman

Options
Rampage12
Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
Crashing is an American television comedy series created by and starring Pete Holmes.[1] The pilot episode was written by Holmes and directed by Judd Apatow. The show revolves around a young comedian whose wife leaves him for an art teacher named Lief. The series premiered on HBO on February 19, 2017.[2]

It's had two episodes so far...pretty damn funny.

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No joke i was just about to make this thread. 1St episode was hilarious. About to watch ep2 tonite.

Pete Holmes is such a ? nerd but i listen to his podcast whenever he has a good guest on because he asks them interesting questions.

Think he has a hit with this show
  • Rampage12
    edited February 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    No joke i was just about to make this thread. 1St episode was hilarious. About to watch ep2 tonite.

Pete Holmes is such a ? nerd but i listen to his podcast whenever he has a good guest on because he asks them interesting questions.

Second episode was better than the first imo. But the first episode had to set up the basis for the show so there was a bit more to work with in the second episode. I knew I recognized the guy that plays Lief and realized he was in that Will Arnett show on Netflix called Flaked...anybody know if it's gonna get a second season.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    edited February 2017
    Options
    watched the 1st ep. I've never found Pete Holmes funny but I ? with it. its a solid watch.

lol @ Arti Lang. Dead @ when jus ran away after he crashed the car.

lol @ the bar scene..."who is talkin to this guy."... "uhh. u guys jus created a circle around me & started talking." lmao
  • marc123
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Second episode was better than the first imo. But the first episode had to set up the basis for the show so there was a bit more to work with in the second episode. I knew I recognized the guy that plays Lief and realized he was in that Will Arnett show on Netflix called Flaked...anybody know if it's gonna get a second season.

from its wiki page...
    In July 2016 the series was renewed for a six-episode second season to premiere in 2017

I ? with Flaked too. Its coo, has a different feel to it. Kinda dark n depressing but its cool. S1 was way too short tho.

speaking of new shows, You checked out One Mississippi, Detroiters and The ? ? they are funny af
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lmao, i forgot to make a thread on this after last weeks episode!

Loved the pilot though, was real excited to See Judd Apatow involved in that episode at least. Show is off to a great start, im really curious to where they take this show. Pete is a funny straight edged guy. Artie lang was ? hilarious in this show too, cant wait to see the ? he gets into.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    The conversation between pete and the dude that was ? his wife when pete went to go get her back was a hilarious interaction.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »

from its wiki page...
    In July 2016 the series was renewed for a six-episode second season to premiere in 2017

I ? with Flaked too. Its coo, has a different feel to it. Kinda dark n depressing but its cool. S1 was way too short tho.

speaking of new shows, You checked out One Mississippi, Detroiters and The ? ? they are funny af

I've seen a little bit of The ? , I like how politically incorrect it is in this day and age of uber political correctness. I'll have to check out the other two, you and me seem to have similar taste in movies and shows for the most part.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Silverman be flaunting those ? ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    2nd episode was dope, I liked TJ Miller in it, he had some funny scenes. Was hilarious when he was roasting Artie.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    LOL at TJ Miller rocking a FUBU jersey in the third episode. I guess that was his way of making fun of himself when he kept telling the same joke about needing a prescription for weed for his anxiety about getting arrested for weed but granted I'm not an expert about the unwritten rules of standup comedy.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Doug Stanhope was really good on Louie tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    3rd Episode was prolly my favorite so far. This is a great show imo, i love that Apatow had involvement with it and you definitely can see/feel his input in some scenes if you're familiar with his movies.

TJ Miller is one of my favorite new comedians he was hilarious this episode. Honestly i think Leaf might be my favorite Character so far haha. The part where he introduces himself to TJ after helping Pete get his Journals then TJ turns around like "IS THIS ? LEAF?!?!" had me dying. He said some real ? to the wife too. That was a real ass conversation between her and pete too, it was rough to hear, but it had to be said, best to stop living a lie and to pursue what you really love instead of staying together.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    I like how 1 morning they have TJ all ? up and passing out in the kitchen

tumblr_omekt1BMtb1qcolx2o1_500.gif

The next morning hes up early, hair combed, made Pete a 5 :star: breakfast. And they never explain any of it.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the strength of the feedback in this thread ill check it out. TJ Miller is that dude.
  • Rampage12
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    3rd Episode was prolly my favorite so far. This is a great show imo, i love that Apatow had involvement with it and you definitely can see/feel his input in some scenes if you're familiar with his movies.

TJ Miller is one of my favorite new comedians he was hilarious this episode. Honestly i think Leaf might be my favorite Character so far haha. The part where he introduces himself to TJ after helping Pete get his Journals then TJ turns around like "IS THIS ? LEAF?!?!" had me dying. He said some real ? to the wife too. That was a real ass conversation between her and pete too, it was rough to hear, but it had to be said, best to stop living a lie and to pursue what you really love instead of staying together.

Haha you can tell that's totally how that guy is in real life most likely. He was my favorite character in Flaked where his character was very similar. The part where TJ Miller was trying to take the selfie with the kids was hilarious when he was like "give me back my ? phone, I don't like these kids anymore" after they had never seen any of his movies.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Fourth episode was pretty good although it didn't have as many laugh out loud moments as the previous ones although you could tell that's not the direction they were going for. When Pete randomly said "weed face" when talking to the drug dealer was prolly the funniest part to me. I figured Hannibal Burress would be more involved as the obligatory comedian cameo.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    My favorite ep so far.

When he was talkin to the weed dealer and says "im sorry i dont understand what your saying. Those sound like they are lyrics from the Willennium album." i was rollin.

Episode was jokes
  • marc123
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jus watched eps 2-4.

lol @ TJ....i heard a broad say this b4 irl "your either a ? pretending to nice guy. Or a nice guy pretending to a ? " lol. That perfectly describes tj on this show. Dudes comedy is random af. Lol @ him keep on tellin the same weed joke n the fubu shirt. He n arties back n forths were comic gold.

Lmao at the ? club owner. He was funny.

Lol @ the wire joke.

Leafs actually a nice guy....lol lol.

Gina Gershon still look sexy. MILF

Pete himself is meh. Everyone else is lol funny...i wonder if andrew dice clay will show up.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Was dope to see Pete finally get some reaction from the crowd even if they didnt fully understand him lol.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Parents ep was cringe worthy af. Moms dropped a gem on him bout his routine at the end tho. ? club owner still funny af

Sarah silverman ep was cool. Warm up guy dropped ether on the crowd lol
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    NOBODY GIVES A ? THAT ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    ? Dead @ pete saying all that to the mom by mistake.

That ? sucks lol lost a good gig.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

I knew it couldnt last long.

Its called crashing. He aint crashed on but 4 couches so far lol.

Anyone know how many eps are left?
  • Rampage12
    Options

I knew it couldnt last long.

Its called crashing. He aint crashed on but 4 couches so far lol.

Anyone know how many eps are left?

Just one unfortunately.