Fair or Foul?: Meek Mill Tells Homeless Man "I'll Give You $20 If You Do Pushups"

Options

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    serious question tho, had meek had the dude wash his car, would ya'll still feel the same way

or is the part recording him is whats bothering you all?

At least if he made the ? righteously earn the money it'll be respectable.
    (What's "Righteous" is open to interpretation though)

But the subjugation for entertainments sake is wack.

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Great ? ' video. I'm glad to see somebody that's actually makin' these degenerate fiends work and provide some ? ' entertainment before you give them some money. Plus despite being a fiend, dude is in pretty good shape to do 20 push ups in a fall. Props to Meek for on this one.
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    The camera makes it foul. The fact that him doing 10 pushups don't help him or you so you're just makin him do 10 pushups to teach him a lesson like you sonnin him. That grown man is down bad enough, and his pride is broken enough to have to ask another grown man for money,

? are you talkin' about? The fiend has no shame because he's beggin' for ? ' change. ? dude. If it was me, I would have made the muthafucka do the pushups naked.
    But don't try to demean him more.

Why? He's a fiend.
    but I have no problem tellin him hop in the car i'm about to take you to mcdonalds or somethin. Sometimes I'll give em a couple dollars if I don't got time for that other ? .

? is wrong with you dude? Seriously. How about the next time your in NYC, we hook up and you treat ole Rex to McDonald's? You're only rewarding the fiends bad behavior and poor decision making. If you really want to help hungry muthafuckas donate some canned goods to a soup kitchen or treat some honor students to dinner. ? helpin' fiends.

but I hate corny ass ? like that.
    Kai wrote: »
    ? meek mill is so ? damn corny it's actually painful.

What's so corny about makin' fiends work for their money and getting a laugh out of it at the same damn time?

It's all arbitrary..but I gotta agree with Lefty....I don't see the point in doing that to someone else....esp recording it. Some of y'all must have never had to struggle because when you down on your last you will do anything to maintain...including humiliate yourself...

Not saying you are wrong just stating why I don't agree with it.

Speak for yourself. I will never do anything for money or to maintain. I damn for sure ain't going to purposefully do anything to humiliate myself for money.

Then you have never been down on your luck liken that....pride will ? you or in some cases starve you
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Y'all out here actin' like Meek was tapin' the fiend doin' a Ghetto Gaggers scene, somebody applied the Figure Four to the fiend and made him cry. ? isn't that serious. I don't understand why y'all feel that Meek's tapin' the footage then postin' the footage is so wrong.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Great ? ' video. I'm glad to see somebody that's actually makin' these degenerate fiends work and provide some ? ' entertainment before you give them some money. Plus despite being a fiend, dude is in pretty good shape to do 20 push ups in a fall. Props to Meek for on this one.
    The camera makes it foul. The fact that him doing 10 pushups don't help him or you so you're just makin him do 10 pushups to teach him a lesson like you sonnin him. That grown man is down bad enough, and his pride is broken enough to have to ask another grown man for money,

? are you talkin' about? The fiend has no shame because he's beggin' for ? ' change. ? dude. If it was me, I would have made the muthafucka do the pushups naked.
    But don't try to demean him more.

Why? He's a fiend.
    but I have no problem tellin him hop in the car i'm about to take you to mcdonalds or somethin. Sometimes I'll give em a couple dollars if I don't got time for that other ? .

? is wrong with you dude? Seriously. How about the next time your in NYC, we hook up and you treat ole Rex to McDonald's? You're only rewarding the fiends bad behavior and poor decision making. If you really want to help hungry muthafuckas donate some canned goods to a soup kitchen or treat some honor students to dinner. ? helpin' fiends.

but I hate corny ass ? like that.
    Kai wrote: »
    ? meek mill is so ? damn corny it's actually painful.

What's so corny about makin' fiends work for their money and getting a laugh out of it at the same damn time?

It's all arbitrary..but I gotta agree with Lefty....I don't see the point in doing that to someone else....esp recording it. Some of y'all must have never had to struggle because when you down on your last you will do anything to maintain...including humiliate yourself...

Not saying you are wrong just stating why I don't agree with it.

Speak for yourself. I will never do anything for money or to maintain. I damn for sure ain't going to purposefully do anything to humiliate myself for money.

Then you have never been down on your luck liken that....pride will ? you or in some cases starve you

Like I said speak for yourself.

You do know some people actually have principles, values and morals that they stand on and not willing to break them for anything. Not everybody has a weak character.

I 100% believe in "tough times don't last, tough people do" which just another reason why I would never do ANYTHING or humiliate myself for money.

If you have or willing to do so be my guest but everybody not going for that ? just cause they broke as ? for the moment.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The camera makes it foul. The fact that him doing 10 pushups don't help him or you so you're just makin him do 10 pushups to teach him a lesson like you sonnin him. That grown man is down bad enough, and his pride is broken enough to have to ask another grown man for money, he had a ? change cup for ? 's sake, he ain't even ask for 20. What is them 10 pushups doin for you, you got it to give my ? and you obviously willin to look out for dude who's obviously all the way ? up, so you wanna make yourself look like you above him by making him do pushups for ? you got to throw away. That's corny as ? , either throw that old man that dub, or tell him you don't got it. But don't try to demean him more.

I ain't even into givin bums money because I know they be geekin, but I have no problem tellin him hop in the car i'm about to take you to mcdonalds or somethin. Sometimes I'll give em a couple dollars if I don't got time for that other ? , sometimes i'll even ask if they willing to work and tell em about a temp service that pay the same day and give em some money to go get an ID if they can.

Meek doin that ? to be able to say he lookin down on ? , and that's corny as ? because to get where he at ain't no way he ain't have somebody look out for him without havin him jump through crazy hoops go get it.

Sorry, long ass post, but I hate corny ass ? like that.

My sister does this. I think that's so wack. Like really? She does the whole "I wont give you money, but how about I buy you a sandwich? Bruh look... if you dont wanna part wit your money, then dont but why the petty ? ? Then, yall always try to act like yall are outstanding people by doing so.

When a homeless person asks for money, I'm not going to patronize him by somehow ensuring he doesn't spend it on drugs...."I won't give you money but I will give you an apple from my grocery bag. Enjoy! No! No need to thank me!" or "I'll take the money I would give to you and donate it to a shelter instead. No! No need to thank me!" This is a guy asking me for some money and if I decide to grant his request I'm not going to give a ? what he spends it on.
    It doesn't matter if the money I give him isn't going to change his situation. If the quarter I have is worth enough to him that he'd ask me for it, it's no sweat off my back. I'm not going to appraise his request for the total impact it's going to make on the homeless or whatever. What he does with the dollar is between him and his own conscience. My decision to give it to him or not is between me and mine.
    They won't hear you yo

However they think you cute, so maybe they will
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    serious question tho, had meek had the dude wash his car, would ya'll still feel the same way

or is the part recording him is whats bothering you all?

Washing the car? Nope not at all. That's actually working for the money. Random ass push ups though? What the ? is the point behind that? Doing that and recording it to put on social media is some ? ? ? .

just making sure fam

some of these ? are sadistic af...sometimes you just got take the temp of the room
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither fair nor foul, but Meek can't help himself, racking up more Ls.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you know that homeless man ain't pushing a Benz? The way some of these panhandlers are.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you know that homeless man ain't pushing a Benz? The way some of these panhandlers are.

Then just don't give the ? money if u that skeptical
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The camera makes it foul. The fact that him doing 10 pushups don't help him or you so you're just makin him do 10 pushups to teach him a lesson like you sonnin him. That grown man is down bad enough, and his pride is broken enough to have to ask another grown man for money, he had a ? change cup for ? 's sake, he ain't even ask for 20. What is them 10 pushups doin for you, you got it to give my ? and you obviously willin to look out for dude who's obviously all the way ? up, so you wanna make yourself look like you above him by making him do pushups for ? you got to throw away. That's corny as ? , either throw that old man that dub, or tell him you don't got it. But don't try to demean him more.

I ain't even into givin bums money because I know they be geekin, but I have no problem tellin him hop in the car i'm about to take you to mcdonalds or somethin. Sometimes I'll give em a couple dollars if I don't got time for that other ? , sometimes i'll even ask if they willing to work and tell em about a temp service that pay the same day and give em some money to go get an ID if they can.

Meek doin that ? to be able to say he lookin down on ? , and that's corny as ? because to get where he at ain't no way he ain't have somebody look out for him without havin him jump through crazy hoops go get it.

My sister does this. I think that's so wack. Like really? She does the whole "I wont give you money, but how about I buy you a sandwich? Bruh look... if you dont wanna part wit your money, then dont but why the petty ? ? Then, they always wanna act like they are outstanding people by doing so.

When a homeless person asks for money, I'm not going to patronize him by somehow ensuring he doesn't spend it on drugs...."I won't give you money but I will give you an apple from my grocery bag. Enjoy! No! No need to thank me!" or "I'll take the money I would give to you and donate it to a shelter instead. No! No need to thank me!" This is a guy asking me for some money and if I decide to grant his request I'm not going to give a ? what he spends it on. It doesn't matter if the money I give him isn't going to change his situation. If the quarter I have is worth enough to him that he'd ask me for it, it's no sweat off my back. I'm not going to appraise his request for the total impact it's going to make on the homeless or whatever. What he does with the dollar is between him and his own conscience. My decision to give it to him or not is between me and mine.

Well said, ? .

Some people have control issues.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My sister does this. I think that's so wack. Like really? She does the whole "I wont give you money, but how about I buy you a sandwich? Bruh look... if you dont wanna part wit your money, then dont but why the petty ? ? Then, they always wanna act like they are outstanding people by doing so.

When a homeless person asks for money, I'm not going to patronize him by somehow ensuring he doesn't spend it on drugs...."I won't give you money but I will give you an apple from my grocery bag. Enjoy! No! No need to thank me!" or "I'll take the money I would give to you and donate it to a shelter instead. No! No need to thank me!" This is a guy asking me for some money and if I decide to grant his request I'm not going to give a ? what he spends it on. It doesn't matter if the money I give him isn't going to change his situation. If the quarter I have is worth enough to him that he'd ask me for it, it's no sweat off my back. I'm not going to appraise his request for the total impact it's going to make on the homeless or whatever. What he does with the dollar is between him and his own conscience. My decision to give it to him or not is between me and mine.

Don't project ya wack ass sister onto me. Reading is fundamental, read the whole post.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't project ya wack ass sister onto me. Reading is fundamental, read the whole post.

Sorry

raw
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry

raw

Him know sugafoot, c'mere.

giphy.gif
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Foul, Meek is doing it out of disrespect SMMFH

Some people make less than $20 an hour at their jobs, dude made $20 for 10 seconds worth of work..

But cause it's Meek,
    every thing he does gets criticized..
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Old dude has cancer and Parkinsons
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited March 2017
    Options

EVERYONE REPOST AND SHARE Meet Bill :)! Last weekend @meekmill humiliated this kind homeless man with Parkinson's and Liver cancer to do push-ups for $20. @dhyanibella met him last night and had no idea what happened to him but now we've decide to help Bill. We just brought him with the help of some friends - a new tent, shoes, sleeping bag, blankets, toiletries...we've set up a gofundme (link in bio) please spread word, repost, send to everyone...let's help Bill get back on his feet. #meekmill #worldstar #gofundme #everyonematters #parkinsonsdisease #fuckcancer @tmz @worldstar @theshaderoom @balleralert @nickiminaj #spreadlove @charlotteagenda @wfnz610am @eatworkplayclt @cltfive @exploreclt @cltstories @charlottemag @loopcharlotte
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See that ? ? In the end Meek really helped dude out.

And he's in better shape for it.

Smh @ contributing a bunch of ? to remind him he still homeless.

#fakecharity
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh no! A dude with cancer did pushups! :o
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how many ppl will donate to his cause but ignore all the homeless ppl they run into in real life
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

Some people make less than $20 an hour at their jobs, dude made $20 for 10 seconds worth of work..

But cause it's Meek,

Really? So you're that morally corrupt, that this is the false equivalence you come up with? Demeaning someone down on their luck by further humiliating them and exposing it for the entire world to see? What did Meek get out of that?

Would you, or any one of you ethically ignorant posters that cosign this ? , be up for doing this to someone you meet in real life in the same manner?

If the answer is yes, then you're a ? ? same as Meek. If the answer is no, then why the hell are you defending this ? ? To be different?

Some of you ? need to do a better job of vetting who and what you defend.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »

But cause it's Meek,

Really? So you're that morally corrupt, that this is the false equivalence you come up with? Demeaning someone down on their luck by further humiliating them and exposing it for the entire world to see? What did Meek get out of that?

Would you, or any one of you ethically ignorant posters that cosign this ? , be up for doing this to someone you meet in real life in the same manner?

If the answer is yes, then you're a ? ? same as Meek. If the answer is no, then why the hell are you defending this ? ? To be different?

Some of you ? need to do a better job of vetting who and what you defend.

You weirdos out here with the psuedo intellectual fake outrage over a ? making a ? work for money..

I give homeless people money IN REAL LIFE,
    I don't make them do tricks or jump through hoops to get it,
    but I'm not mad at a ? for making a grown man earn his money..
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    The filming part is what's bugging me. Old dude prolly don't know about social media.

Meek knew he could get him to do anything for 20 bucks. Took advantage of it so he could post it