Survivor: Game Changers

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
survivor-season-34-cast1.jpg

Boom! And we’re back! As the world seems to be crumbling down around us, with uncertainty and disparity filling the hearts of many, there’s one steady, reliable rock you can always count on: Survivor! On Wednesday, March 8, Survivor is back for its 34th season with an extra-long, 120-minute Premiere Episode, beginning at 8 pm (EST) on CBS. Yes, the one thing that I hear people ask me all the time from people who don’t watch the show is: Survivor?!? That show is still on?!? Well not only is it on, but it’s going strong. Wednesday’s premiere marks the 500th episode of the show, the longest-running Reality Competition Show on TV, with no signs of stopping anytime soon.

For those counting, CBS released some unbelievable stats to celebrate the occasion: Survivor has now been on for 17 (!!!) years, with 498 contestants competing over 18 countries, 110 tribes and 1290 days, and the show has earned 56 Emmy nominations. There have been 46 states represented (can you guess which four have not?) and they’ve recorded over 99,000 hours of footage. There have been 14 medical evacuations, 511 torches snuffed and 48 hidden Immunity Idols used. The oldest player (Rudy Boesch) was 76 and the youngest (Will Wahl) was 18. Counting Sandra‘s double-win, there have been 19 male and 14 female winners crowned as Sole Survivor.

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need for either Cirie or Ozzy to get the win they deserve
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yjwKDYUIM

very interesting that you will no longer be able to split the votes in a tie to try to draw out the idol

we will see how it plays out

looking forward to this cast of characters all thrown together
  • ckfree
    Options
    i find it hilarious how huge of a threat people find cirie when shes never won

yet

theres sandra with 2 wins and nobody bats an eye at her

first time she not only receives zero votes but her name is not even mentioned among multiple options

second time one of the best winners ever comes directly for her neck and gets sent packing

she didnt get any votes the second time either

not even tony voted for her

she got him to vote for his day 1 alliance member then he weakly has the nerve to say everyone else is a sheep on his exit

hats off to sandra for pulling that off

still cant stand her

probably the first time in a while shes actually got off her ass to make a move
  • ckfree
    Options
    happy to see cierra voted out first though

i cant stand her either

it was fun watching her have an epiphany at tribal council and go to rocks but other than that ive never enjoyed watching her

im sure shes a lovely woman just not very dynamic and very much a one trick pony
  • ckfree
    Options
    the goat scene was great and felt like something out of the first couple seasons

when i heard that goat scream when it was picked up i knew there was no way they could ? that baby or the mom

they would be vilified for it forever
  • ckfree
    Options
    JT trying to set up sandra to go home without getting any blood on his hands and having his right hand man go home instead is so JT

in heroes vs villians he flat out gives russell an idol and 'trusts him' and basically torpedos the entire heroes in one fell swoop

the more this dude plays the more its evident that stephen fishbach was pretty much running the show in season 18

JT was just able to southern charm them all
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    the more this dude plays the more its evident that stephen fishbach was pretty much running the show in season 18

• TheBossman
    Options
    J.T. an idiot.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    As soon as JT found that idol I just knew he was going home with that ? in his pocket.

I was wrong... he left it at camp. Say what?

Is JT the worst player to ever win Survivor? Every move he ever makes is an epic blunder.
  • ckfree
    Options
    im both fascinated and shocked at JT decision to not bring the immunity idol with him to tribal

getting voted out with an idol in your pocket is always foolish but getting voted out because you left the idol back at camp is a whole new level of stupidity

i mean the whole reason he went looking for it was because of what happened the previous tribal council

he knew he was on the outs

?

JT just surpassed erik and james as the dumbest survivor ever
  • ckfree
    Options
    watch the former survivor surprise return be boston rob and the challenge is going to be who can watch him and probst make out the longest
  • ckfree
    Options
    THE QUEEN IS DEAD

sandra luck finally runs out

she was doing work this season though

i thought for sure i was witnessing a survivor going home with TWO idols in his pocket
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4fb8ZMtRw

which wouldnt be the first time

smh

ciera
    tony
    cbs pet caleb
    malcolm
    jt
    sandra

6 of the first 7

production must have been getting tight at this point during filming

one by one all of the interesting players are dropping and before we know it were going to have sierra/hali as a winner
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ wanting to turn tribal into a LBGT moment

Zeke a hairy dude so that's a whole lot of testosterone she was taking
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is an idiot....the only reason he was remorseful is because it backfired...
  • SneakDZA
    edited April 2017
    Options
    well damn. didn't see that one coming.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    That was ? up what Varner did. He's gonna regret doing that for the rest of his life.

The non vote was etherous in itself.
  • ckfree
    Options
    'we dont need to vote, just grab your torch'

lmao

?

that had to be the most dishonorable exit on survivor ever

brutal moment

imagine knowing for 8 months (or however long ago this was filmed) that something really really bad is going to happen to you

thats your own fault

knowing the exact day it will happen and that it is inevitable

no wonder apparently varner was extremely suicidal after this

cbs even ended up hiring a therapist
  • SneakDZA
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i can only think of a couple times when probst was like "? the vote".

the only thing that bugs me about this is i remember when colton was clearly gunning for the black surfer guy for racist reasons and everyone knew it but they let it play out anyway. that vote and tribal should have been handled the same way.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i couldnt help but laugh at sara the cop

here is zeke big moment in the sun

owning it and giving a message of encouragement to viewers everywhere and she comes trompsing in across the flowers

'i tink i err deerr may have meta derrr morpshized as well jaff'

i can see how shes a cop with her slow thought process and quick temper

she said varner was acting with malicious intent

the intention or desire to do evil, ill will, really?

that word is thrown around a lot by people that dont fully understand it like irregardless

i understand the point varner was trying to make he just did a terrible job of making it and it was completely inappropriate for him to go about it the way he did -- it was a horrible judgement call made by a starving man whos been stranded on an island for 18 days and is literally fighting for his existence in a game for a million dollars

its no excuse but it is the explanation

the guy himself is ? and is what twice zeke age -- he paved the way for guys like zeke to come after him -- hes been through this times ten -- the last thing he meant by this was 'ill will' -- zeke gets encouraged for coming out -- no way varner got that same treatment in his day -- i just hope varner is able to recover emotionally and mentally from this and that the social media mob hasnt run him to the bell tower yet
  • ckfree
    Options
    i read hes already lost his job smh
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    for a minute there i thought she was about to say she used to be a man.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait....so is zeke ? ? What i mean is technically he is a woman that likes men.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debbie used her advantage way too early. Personally I would've taken out Zeke. Taking out Ozzie scream I wanna blindside someone so I can add it to my resume.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    I'm tired of these devils attacking Micheala. Unless there is some powerful editing going on in her favor there's no way she can be as horrible as these people make her out to be.

That rant that one broad with the eyebrows did was borderline racist to me. It's like just her presence makes them feel uncomfortable.

How the hell are you stuck on an island with Debbie of all people and you're like "we gotta ? rid of this young, quiet nice girl who isn't a threat to anyone because she's shifty and volatile"?
  • ckfree
    Options
    michaela is life and death to survive the first vote and shes not even a consideration in the second

goes to show you how quickly things can change in this game

the cirri and michaela conversation on the beach was the best part of the episode for me -- loved how michaela was so receptive of hearing what cirri had to say about her and didnt get defensive or blow up about it -- im hoping it was shown for a reason -- i like michaela and want to see her do well -- i just think she needs some help on the social aspects and needs someone thats really on her side

cirri is perfect for that