Fargo Season 3

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Peter and the Wold analogy was dope.

VM Varga is such a ? worm. Loving this ? .
  • Broddie
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Had a feeling the writers would have this episode revert back to the neo noir, crime-procedural format this series commonly uses. esp. considering the digression of the previous one. thats not to say thats a bad thing. as its one of the reasons why this show is so auspiciously admired among critics and viewers alike. but it just validates what i originally thought: the 3rd episode would pretty much be the outlier of the entire season. Nevertheless, solid enrty

But i like how Hawley and co. find inventive and clever ways to deliver the storytelling. it was dope hearing Billy Bob Thorton again. I guess its like a continuing theme to use recurring actors to voice the narration of an episode. similar to when Martin Freeman did a voice-over in season 2

I like how Gloria goes against the wishes of her new boss and is steadfast in solving her stepfather's murder. its like Broddie and I said, her L.A. trip made her realize her purpose and it got her closer to Ennis in the process. now she wont stop until she gets justice. she also got info from an unlikely source, a new character named Winnie, that will help piece together clues.

Speaking of the new character, was i the only one that got flashbacks to the movie when she questioned Sy about the humve? Its just like the scene when Marge was interrogating Jerry in the dealership as he was having difficulty coming up with an alibi. he was struggling to form a coherent sentence and stumbling over his words. lol scene was hilarious

How can Varga manipulate Emmit's assets so easily? all he did was borrow money. but its like he's tapped into most of his resources, and now he can just show up and start changing his company around when he's not there. and if he's this powerful billionaire that's traveled the world extensively, whats his interest in the stussy business? what does he plan to do with it? what can it give him that he doesnt have already? does he report to anyone higher up?

Lopez is like the anti-Marge kinda. Like how Marge was all pregnant while policing here's this lady cop policing while still trying to get married. I felt bad for her when she was talking to Syvand Yuri turns his chair over in her direction and meemo pops up on screen. Anti-Marge indeed cause I don't think her fate will end up as nice. She is officially marked for death imo.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Emmet's story is very Faustian btw. Hence why he just made the proverbial deal with the devil.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Had a feeling the writers would have this episode revert back to the neo noir, crime-procedural format this series commonly uses. esp. considering the digression of the previous one. thats not to say thats a bad thing. as its one of the reasons why this show is so auspiciously admired among critics and viewers alike. but it just validates what i originally thought: the 3rd episode would pretty much be the outlier of the entire season. Nevertheless, solid enrty

But i like how Hawley and co. find inventive and clever ways to deliver the storytelling. it was dope hearing Billy Bob Thorton again. I guess its like a continuing theme to use recurring actors to voice the narration of an episode. similar to when Martin Freeman did a voice-over in season 2

I like how Gloria goes against the wishes of her new boss and is steadfast in solving her stepfather's murder. its like Broddie and I said, her L.A. trip made her realize her purpose and it got her closer to Ennis in the process. now she wont stop until she gets justice. she also got info from an unlikely source, a new character named Winnie, that will help piece together clues.

Speaking of the new character, was i the only one that got flashbacks to the movie when she questioned Sy about the humve? Its just like the scene when Marge was interrogating Jerry in the dealership as he was having difficulty coming up with an alibi. he was struggling to form a coherent sentence and stumbling over his words. lol scene was hilarious

How can Varga manipulate Emmit's assets so easily? all he did was borrow money. but its like he's tapped into most of his resources, and now he can just show up and start changing his company around when he's not there. and if he's this powerful billionaire that's traveled the world extensively, whats his interest in the stussy business? what does he plan to do with it? what can it give him that he doesnt have already? does he report to anyone higher up?

Lopez is like the anti-Marge kinda. Like how Marge was all pregnant while policing here's this lady cop policing while still trying to get married. I felt bad for her when she was talking to Syvand Yuri turns his chair over in her direction and meemo pops up on screen. Anti-Marge indeed cause I don't think her fate will end up as nice. She is officially marked for death imo.

Good point. Like how Winnie was discussing with Gloria in the bathroom how she's trying to have kids. And Marge was already pregnant at that time. and yea you can predict her fate is pretty much sealed at this point with her intrusive behavior. i also believe Sy will ultimately meet his own demise as well. by trying to stick it to Ray, he in turn brought unwanted attention to the business and is now being carefully monitored by Yuri and Meemo
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loved this episode LOL @ joaquin phoenix's character
  • Broddie
    Options
    That's not Joaquin Phoenix. It's Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oooooh ? it sure is smh shame on me
  • Broddie
    Options
    That scene with the coffee mug though. Varga is pure slime.
  • Ounceman
    Options
    Cool episode. It's certainly building to something. A few thoughts

Was surprised Yuri let Nikki live. But I'm just sitting here wondering why. I mean now she can be a possible witness to testify against him. And both him and Meemo already killed Irv like it wasn't ?

And it seems Nikki really does care for Ray but to what extent? She didn't make him aware of the meeting she was going to have with Sy where if there was a money exchange she couldve easily ran off with it. Maybe she didn't tell him because he would've stopped her.

I love how Varga isn't privy to how much the Stussy feud is negatively affecting his plans. Because if he was, he would've known that's the reason the IRS and the cops were brought in

It appears the theme this season constantly explores a lot is the truth. Or what many characters perceive it to be and where it lies between actual fact and story. the fun part is sometimes watching the characters bend that "truth" to justify their actions.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was eating food when I watched that scene. I lost my appetite.

? damn Nikki looked good as ? in those tight jeans with the boots. That's a ? damn woman right there.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Asian.. is "The Indian"

Id have to ? Varga...

• Broddie
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

? damn Nikki looked good as ? in those tight jeans with the boots. That's a ? damn woman right there.

I didn't know Mary Winstead was packing meat like that back there. I did a double take.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The Asian.. is "The Indian"

Id have to ? Varga...

I think Yuri the Russian is lowkey pulling off some Verbal Kint/Keyser Soze ? .
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Damn the Emmit killed his brother. I really didn't see that ? coming. Dude could have just taken the ? damned stamp, but showed once again why he was where he was at in life compared to his brother, and payed the iron price.

? is getting interesting. Vargas is ? hilarious tho.
  • Broddie
    Options
    ? just got real.
  • Ounceman
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well got damn! never expected that. Hawley having the stamp be the direct cause of Ray's death was sublime

On another note, do any of y'all think Ray's chance of survival wouldve increased if he didnt remove the glass like his brother told him to?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't know Mary Winstead was packing meat like that back there. I did a double take.

Yeah I booked the curves when she was lying down in the tub after getting her ass beat. She basic but she could get it.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well got damn! never expected that. Hawley having the stamp be the direct cause of Ray's death was sublime

On another note, do any of y'all think Ray's chance of survival wouldve increased if he didnt remove the glass like his brother told him to?

If he had gotten to a hospital in time maybe.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Damn the Emmit killed his brother. I really didn't see that ? coming. Dude could have just taken the ? damned stamp, but showed once again why he was where he was at in life compared to his brother, and payed the iron price.

? is getting interesting. Vargas is ? hilarious tho.

Yo that ? threw me for a loop.... i was waiting for Emmit to assume his brothers identity somehow
  • Broddie
    Options
    Gloria is such a good cop. Frustrating seeing her deal with so much idiocy.
  • Ounceman
    Options
    Muthafuck yea! i lost my ? towards the end. when i heard the drums and they panned the camera over in the bus to reveal Mr Wrench i was like

tenor.gif
  • Broddie
    Options
    Emmitt is so in over his head it's not even funny. He must've put his foot in his mouth at least 6 times with the traffic cop.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Muthafuck yea! i lost my ? towards the end. when i heard the drums and they panned the camera over in the bus to reveal Mr Wrench i was like

tenor.gif

Who is me wrench?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Now I remember. Hitman who Malvo ? up in season 1 if I remember correct.
  • Ounceman
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Now I remember. Hitman who Malvo ? up in season 1 if I remember correct.

Right. Numbers and Wrench were the 2 hit men who Hanzee took under his wing as children at the end of season 2. As they became older in season 1, they were instructed to take out Malvo, but Malvo ended up murdering his brother Numbers instead. and instead of killing Wrench as well, he decided to let him survive. now he's back. i think season 1 took place 4 years before this one so hopefully we can get a backstory of how he wound up in the police van arrested