What ailments do you have, and how does it affect your daily life?

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    Depression it comes and goes. I deal best I can helps that I can be honest about my feelings and even see when I'm being irrational but it still sucks when I'm on a downswing (like right now) this entire month has been on some ? gh0st ? . But I'm too stubborn of an ? to not fight it back even as I'm taking L after L.
    I'll probably holla at my shrink after not talking to him for about 3 yrs he always trying to dope me up but I'm not up for the side effects that come from that ? .
    I'll blaze some herb listen to some old Scarface or Kendrick Lamar check the ADHD and Disrepectful Neeghas threads (them ? is fools) and just limp along to the next day believing that "this to shall pass"

Just typing all that out gives a me a lil more fight...time to ? open the notebook again

dint hide but don't use it as a crutch.

at least you can admit it.

some dint know when they are depressed or afraid to get help cuz...
    blackrain wrote: »
    gh0st wrote: »
    Depression it comes and goes. I deal best I can helps that I can be honest about my feelings and even see when I'm being irrational but it still sucks when I'm on a downswing (like right now) this entire month has been on some ? gh0st ? . But I'm too stubborn of an ? to not fight it back even as I'm taking L after L.
    I'll probably holla at my shrink after not talking to him for about 3 yrs he always trying to dope me up but I'm not up for the side effects that come from that ? .
    I'll blaze some herb listen to some old Scarface or Kendrick Lamar check the ADHD and Disrepectful Neeghas threads (them ? is fools) and just limp along to the next day believing that "this to shall pass"

Just typing all that out gives a me a lil more fight...time to ? open the notebook again

Props to you for sharing this. Too many don't realize your mental health matters and try to brush off things as if its a sign of weakness...

it's crazy what can cause it an how people think they see one thing when they have no idea what a person is dealing with
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Heart Burn, member seeing those corny Tums commercials when I was a teenager. Used to think "these ol washed ? , ya tummy hurt"

Bruh,..heart burn is real, ? have me randomly throwing up from eating piece of a Hershey bar. I cant eat chocolate, or anything spicy. Cant drink beer or liquor, or any caffeinated drink.

With my insurance the medicine still 200 dollars a pop..told cvs y'all can keep that ?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    28 and have nothing but diabetes run on my mom's side so i eat healthy and stay in the gym
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOUT....when that ? flares up I seriously think about just chopping my big toe the ? off
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Extra weight, otherwise I'm a pretty healthy person.

Knock on wood.

That's not an ailment get out of here

I have Ulcerative Colitis. It's usually in remission but when it flares up it usually leads to hospitalization. Been hospitalized 3 times in 3 years. Each stay is usually for weeks at a time. I take a lot of medication to manage it.

15534675_1450655411651209_3390829603055468544_n.jpg

It can lead to ailments, but I'm blessed to be in good health.

I never knew that about you, that's rough. It can only be managed, no permanent fix? Are you able to draw disability?

You're not even obese that doesn't count.

Yeah, it's a lifelong condition. Canada has the highest rate of diagnosis for some reason. I'm eligible for disability but I don't want it. I work full time and go to school. Disability wouldn't allow allow me to pay for tuition.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my ailments are mental. Sometimes they can be a real pain in the ass, but I've learned different tools through the years to help me.

I do have one wrist thats deformed though, or the bone in my right forearm is whats deformed. You wouldnt be able to tell just by looking at it, but im unable to rotate my right hand to where the palm of my hand is facing the ceiling. I can only rotate it halfway like a thumbs up position. It doesnt take a big toll on my life, but the only thing i do with my right hand is write. My left hand is dominant in everything else lol.

I also have a torn Labrum i think its called? In my shoulder. Its the muscle that holds the ball joint of your shoulder in its socket, but mine was torn and it makes my left shoulder slip out of place pretty easily. Only in certain positions though.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    All my ailments are mental. Sometimes they can be a real pain in the ass, but I've learned different tools through the years to help me.

I do have one wrist thats deformed though, or the bone in my right forearm is whats deformed. You wouldnt be able to tell just by looking at it, but im unable to rotate my right hand to where the palm of my hand is facing the ceiling. I can only rotate it halfway like a thumbs up position. It doesnt take a big toll on my life, but the only thing i do with my right hand is write. My left hand is dominant in everything else lol.

I also have a torn Labrum i think its called? In my shoulder. Its the muscle that holds the ball joint of your shoulder in its socket, but mine was torn and it makes my left shoulder slip out of place pretty easily. Only in certain positions though.

Do you ? with ur left? Nh
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Knock on wood.

I have Ulcerative Colitis. It's usually in remission but when it flares up it usually leads to hospitalization. Been hospitalized 3 times in 3 years. Each stay is usually for weeks at a time. I take a lot of medication to manage it.

It can lead to ailments, but I'm blessed to be in good health.

I never knew that about you, that's rough. It can only be managed, no permanent fix? Are you able to draw disability?

You're not even obese that doesn't count.

Yeah, it's a lifelong condition. Canada has the highest rate of diagnosis for some reason. I'm eligible for disability but I don't want it. I work full time and go to school. Disability wouldn't allow allow me to pay for tuition.

That's good. I didn't know if the extended hospital stays affected your job. I forget you're Canadian.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have anxiety but I don't find it to be that bad. I'm glad I don't have something worse.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Degenerative condition due to an LBI.

Basically the cartilage in my last two vertebrae is wearing away.

same here...

soma care heat pads, muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory...

you'll be good

Believe it or not, staying active in the gym and keeping those muscles firing has helped keep ? from compressing.

Learn to love deadlifts more than them pills.

nah...I'm not into pills like that unless I can't sleep...then I pop an ambien.

I stretch alot for my back
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heart Burn, member seeing those corny Tums commercials when I was a teenager. Used to think "these ol washed ? , ya tummy hurt"

Bruh,..heart burn is real, ? have me randomly throwing up from eating piece of a Hershey bar. I cant eat chocolate, or anything spicy. Cant drink beer or liquor, or any caffeinated drink.

With my insurance the medicine still 200 dollars a pop..told cvs y'all can keep that ?

I have acid reflux. I know how bad heartburn is. Its the drizzling ?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Constant insomnia. I have tried everything with no luck. ? up part is, i don't even look or be tired. This ? got energy for days and i don't want any. :s Just last night, i smoked some trees, went jogging, came home went down stairs and lifted weights for about an hour. I went upstairs, got in a quickie with the wife and still at this very minute, i am wide awake.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Constant insomnia. I have tried everything with no luck. ? up part is, i don't even look or be tired. This ? got energy for days and i don't want any. :s Just last night, i smoked some trees, went jogging, came home went down stairs and lifted weights for about an hour. I went upstairs, got in a quickie with the wife and still at thish very minute, i am wide awake.

Im the complete opposite. Now when i work, i work like a mad man that cant be stopped. But if i take a break or have a day off and dont handle my business early enough in the day i can get stuck in a ? priorities rut and cant find the energy to give half a ? .

Bc of this at my last job when we got unpaid lunches i worked thru em. 8.5 hrs non stop 5 days a week. But on my off day if im not out the house within 2 hrs of waking up u would think im the laziest mf to ever walk the planet.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Constant insomnia. I have tried everything with no luck. ? up part is, i don't even look or be tired. This ? got energy for days and i don't want any. :s Just last night, i smoked some trees, went jogging, came home went down stairs and lifted weights for about an hour. I went upstairs, got in a quickie with the wife and still at this very minute, i am wide awake.

harness that ? into building a business
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IBS..some days is worse than others having to go several times of day. I dont have any food allergies..so it hard to pinpoint if one thing triggers it or not. I can eat a big Taco Bell meal and be fine, eat a banana or something "healthy / small" and get the runs. Stress is biggest factor imo.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ass thread
    ? got gout? Aint that some 1800's ? ..
    Aint googling ? prolly nasty as all hell
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Alot of you are just sedentary as all hell, a more active lifestyle would nix alot of your anxieties and depressions.

I know i know...

But only you know the truth.

A hike has the potential to do so much good.

? I try to do 10 miles everyday....

on a low day I do 3miles.

? makes me feel good as hell an I have alot of energy .
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

harness that ? into building a business

You obviously haven't read any of my previous posts on this site.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Knock on wood.

Feel sorry for you man....

I had to take prednisone once for a sinus infection or something. That ? had my heart rate all ? up. Had me feeling dizzy and Made working out impossible.

Squats with anything heavy had my head feeling like it was about to explode.

I said ? that quit taking it and doubled up on vitamin d and took some copper pills and that sinus infection went away in less than a week.

As far as the thread, at my age (30s) I count my self pretty lucky as my health is pretty good I don't have any ailments.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of you are just sedentary as all hell, a more active lifestyle would nix alot of your anxieties and depressions.

I know i know...

I know i know...

You two give me an American ? type vibe
    tlsei2n3gtgb.gif

But aye,..ain't nothing wrong wit that.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    My back hurts B

45307273.jpg
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know i know...

I know i know...

You two give me an American ? type vibe
    tlsei2n3gtgb.gif

But aye,..ain't nothing wrong wit that.

My ? ........what the ? is wrong wit you!?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broke my foot in the 5th grade. To this day, I cant stand on it for more than 4 minutes without it hurting.