Latest Lawsuit Alleges Black Female Faux News Employees Forced to Arm Wrestle for Entertainment...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/latest-lawsuit-alleges-black-fox-employees-forced-to-arm-wrestle-for-entertainment/

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/04/fox-lawsuit-alleges-black-employees-forced-to-arm-wrestle.html
You could say the battle over Fox News’s future is like an arm wrestle — literally.

Fox News scourge Gabriel Sherman is now reporting that a racial discrimination lawsuit will be filed by seven African American employees this week. The suit alleges that employees of color were forced to arm wrestle for the entertainment of white employees. Sherman appeared on yesterday’s AM Joy on MSNBC to chat about the latest details in the case.

“I obtained a letter from their attorneys that was sent to Fox that described really horrific acts of racial discrimination in which black employees were forced to arm wrestle for the entertainment of white employees in the accounting department,” he said.

He added that this sort of information proves that the culture of Fox is entrenched and cannot be changed with O’Reilly’s ouster alone.

“This is a systemic problem at Fox News that was created by Roger Ailes over two decades,” said Sherman. Back in March, Fox was slapped with a different racial discrimination lawsuit

In the wake of Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly getting the boot after alleged sexual harassment, it seems like no one is safe. Even Sean Hannity has now been accused of similar sexual harassment,

Fox News Lawsuit Alleges Black Female Employees Forced to Arm Wrestle

Sources say seven more employees will join the suit next week.

Bill O’Reilly might be out at Fox News, but the network’s legal problems are far from over. Seven more employees are expected to join the racial-discrimination lawsuit filed against Fox News in late March. According to a source for the Daily Intelligencer, the plaintiffs’ lawyers will allege that the director of accounting at Fox, Tammy Efinger, did nothing when the former comptroller, Judy Slater, hurtled racist insults at employees. (Slater has already been fired.)

In a letter to the network’s lawyers obtained by New York, the attorneys state: “Not once did Ms. Efinger step in or attempt to interfere with Ms. Slater’s outrageous conduct.” The letter adds, instead, “Ms. Efinger chose to laugh or giggle following Ms. Slater’s vitriol.

The letter also revealed new details about disturbing behavior in Fox’s accounting department.

According to the plaintiffs’ attorneys, Slater demanded that black employees hold “arm wrestling matches’” with white female employees in her office, just down the hall from Ailes’s office on the 2nd floor of Fox headquarters. “Forcing a black woman employee to ‘fight’ for the amusement and pleasure of her white superiors is horrifying. This highly offensive and humiliating act is reminiscent of Jim Crow era battle royals,” the letter says, referring to the practice of paying black men to fight blindfolded at carnivals for white spectators’ entertainment. The lawyers argue that Efinger bragged about wanting to “fight” a black employee.

Jeanne Christensen, a lawyer for the employees, commented, “There will be more complaints forthcoming in the next few days.” Fox News had no comment.

6dxj2yjr2hfn.gif

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sean Hannity is next
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone read Invisible Man? The black one, not the invisible one
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Don't understand why black ppl would want to work for Fox News anyway. It's like they saying yeah we know you guys are racist but I'm cool with it I still want the job here I can imagine what the interview process is like and what they make black ppl do to get a job there. Don't get me wrong all white ppl are under cover racist but when a company is up front with their racism and don't try to hide it then as a African American I have to question your judgement to me it's like you will do anything or take anything just to fit in or be accepted. I'm not blaming them for what happened to them but then again I am I get trying to change the culture but working there is not going to help Fox News always have been racist and forever will be.

All white people are not undercover racists, but otherwise, cosign.

That goes for women who choose to work for Fox News as well.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Don't understand why black ppl would want to work for Fox News anyway.

For the paycheck.

Granted, Fox is "blatantly" racist.........but let's not act like other companies aren't as racist as Fox.

They're just not as overt about it as Fox News is.

As my beloved Kathryn would say:

"A check's a check........it's hard out here honey." @Kat
  • deadeye
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    ? off @deadeye. I never said that.

@Kat

You never said a check's a check........but you did say "It's hard out here honey" sometime last year.

Anyway, it's not an insult.

It was meant to be taken as a compliment because, obviously, it really is hard out here.

I just like it when you talk fat and sassy.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    and they did it?

i think the word "forced" might be being used a little casually here.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have any sympathy for these people. First of all, it's FOXNews, they had to have known it wasn't going to be a black friendly environment to begin with. Past that though, the fact that they let themselves be degraded in this way says it all. I know we all need jobs and it's hard to walk away, but if you make the conscious decision that the money is worth more than your self respect, then you can only be mad at yourself.
  • deadeye
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't have any sympathy for these people. First of all, it's FOXNews, they had to have known it wasn't going to be a black friendly environment to begin with. Past that though, the fact that they let themselves be degraded in this way says it all. I know we all need jobs and it's hard to walk away, but if you make the conscious decision that the money is worth more than your self respect, then you can only be mad at yourself.

They could've been playing the long game.

Either that or they see an opportunity to cash in with all the bad publicity surrounding Fox News right now.

Especially considering the merger that their parent company wants to make with Sky (whatever that company's name is) in the U.K.

21st Century Fox doesn't want anything getting in the way of that, so now is the perfect time to leverage a decent settlement out of them.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

They could've been playing the long game.

Either that or they see an opportunity to cash in with all the bad publicity surrounding Fox News right now.

Especially considering the merger that their parent company wants to to with Sky (whatever the name is) in the U.K.

21st Century Fox doesn't want anything getting in the way of that, so now is the perfect time to leverage a decent settlement out of them.

You probably spot on with the bold. They was taking the humiliation for a check, but realized they can really get paid now.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were token hires in the first place, only there to satisfy a quota

They're probably also republicans too. Well this is their wake up call
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox news host are racist ad sexist in front of the camera. Who would've thought they'd be any worse behind cameras when the shows off air?

These ? and ? employees at fox were cool with the racist and sexist propaganda they push..it just became a problem when it affected them.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8ho7qudnhqjq.gif

How bout not work at Fox News
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have the same opinion about Black cops ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Do you have the same opinion about Black cops ?

Depends. I think that's the case for some cops. I think some black cops are in it because they want to do good. Remember, a lot of people think the problem with cops is that black hoods aren't policed by black people. So, it makes sense that some would want to join the force and change that. Unfortunately, it ain't that easy.

So if the black cops are on the job and are just acting as more bricks in the blue wall, then they are the same to me as these people working at FOXNews. However, if they are trying to change they system from the inside, even if that's a losing battle, I think they should be respected to some extent. I know many on this board will disagree because they feel like all cops should be hated.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Don't understand why black ppl would want to work for Fox News anyway.

BCS - Battered ? Syndrome.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white people at my gym that be on the treadmills with the tvs, at least 8 out of 10 be watching fox news. I ignore em whenever they try to make small talk
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stacey dash will soon try to cash in...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Beyond you being a ? ? off GP for working at fauxnews, why would you even go through with that if it was presented to you. Like what typa spineless person goes through with that in 2017.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't feel sorry for them. It's certain type of person black or white that works for Fox news.