Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    I been hearing ? about bitcoin skyrocketing this week but its quiet in here

Any winners?

It's true. I've been watching all day yesterday.
  • black caesar
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ayo. yall heard about bitconnect?

https://youtu.be/mrP5dqIiuhQ

transfer bitcoin into it.. you start with a loan of $100. the robot pays you everyday based on the market fluctuation in interest.

q8h30ff7vkwo.png

I would stay away from that. That's a HYIP (High Yield Investment Plan) Think Bernie Maddof promising big gains to his investors. One HYIP that just disappeared with people's money was Control Finance. I had posted that video in here on Sept 12.

Do your own trading and not a bot. If you're familiar with Day Trading stocks, you can day trade Bitcoin. Here's something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4lU5j6JcII&index=34&list=PLhx-YmCNl-AFv-KN7bSlrIJs--vAQSM_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlR6KKq0e0
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of yall familiar with how the US taxes profits made on cryptocurrencies? I know it's a bit grey and nothing really solidified at the moment but I wanna make sure i'm covered if and when I decide to cash out.

Started messing with crypto earlier this year... gonna hold what I have for at least a year and revisit the situation after that.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    Any of yall familiar with how the US taxes profits made on cryptocurrencies? I know it's a bit grey and nothing really solidified at the moment but I wanna make sure i'm covered if and when I decide to cash out.

Started messing with crypto earlier this year... gonna hold what I have for at least a year and revisit the situation after that.

Most ppl withdraw from exchanges discreetly in increments and sell the same to avoid taxes altogether
  • LUClEN
    Options
    @konceptjones idk if you dumped stellar but if you didn't it went way down in bitcoin price but it's usdt price doubled since we bought.

• Thoma$
    Thoma$ Members Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm interested in talking about the scammer. In this article https://bitcoinbestbuy.com/ write about scam schemes. So, this is what for example?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    @konceptjones idk if you dumped stellar but if you didn't it went way down in bitcoin price but it's usdt price doubled since we bought.

I have stellar
  • LUClEN
    Options
    it's back down to about 3.5 cents each

I'm waiting until hit hits 6.5 cents to sell
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8k. 50k projected next year
  • Olorun22
    edited November 2017
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    8k. 50k projected next year

I dont think it will get that amount
  • Olorun22
    Options
  • black caesar
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    62 milly gone

What are you talking about it?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i want to get in on this..but not sure where to start.. put me on game
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @konceptjones
    @LUClEN

U guys still holdin some bitcoin? Whats your profits lookin like and can i hold $5?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I'm holding stellar and bitcoin right now. Mostly stellar. Saw about 500 dollars profit this week. Fluctuations impending.

I say hold for long haul
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IOTA made some nice profits....
  • Olorun22
    Options
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Upping. I sold some ETH and bought IOTA today
  • black caesar
    Options
    The bitcoin is growing. I've made more off of it than stocks this year, but I'm still waiting for the bubble so I can short it.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    man i want to get in on this..but not sure where to start.. put me on game

Coinbase if you talking about bitcoin.
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The bitcoin is growing. I've made more off of it than stocks this year, but I'm still waiting for the bubble so I can short it.

Mind explaining what shorting a stock is and how its beneficial? In laymens terms if you can.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Mind explaining what shorting a stock is and how its beneficial? In laymens terms if you can.

I got you fam.

Shorting a stock is basically when an investor borrows shares that he or she doesn't own and immediately sells them, hoping he or she can scoop them up later at a lower price, return them to the lender and pocket the difference.

Example: You believe the stock price of ABC is grossly overvalued and is going to crash sometime soon. You are so convinced of this, you decide you want to borrow those 10 shares and sell them with the hope that you can later repurchase them at a lower price, returning them to me, and pocketing the difference. Think of it like getting co-signment from a drug dealer. He fronts you $500 worth a drugs. You need to set your price point so that not only you can pay the $500 back, but have something for yourself.

Keep in mind if you borrow, and the stocks/shares doesn't fall in price, you will owe money to the brokerage firm. (The place where your trading account was created.) So if you borrowed against the stock and the price keeps rising, you're in trouble. This is why it's important to place stop loss orders. This means when the stock/share gets to a certain price point, the share gets sold.This can be used to minimize loss in the share.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I got you fam.

Shorting a stock is basically when an investor borrows shares that he or she doesn't own and immediately sells them, hoping he or she can scoop them up later at a lower price, return them to the lender and pocket the difference.

Example: You believe the stock price of ABC is grossly overvalued and is going to crash sometime soon. You are so convinced of this, you decide you want to borrow those 10 shares and sell them with the hope that you can later repurchase them at a lower price, returning them to me, and pocketing the difference. Think of it like getting co-signment from a drug dealer. He fronts you $500 worth a drugs. You need to set your price point so that not only you can pay the $500 back, but have something for yourself.

Keep in mind if you borrow, and the stocks/shares doesn't fall in price, you will owe money to the brokerage firm. (The place where your trading account was created.) So if you borrowed against the stock and the price keeps rising, you're in trouble. This is why it's important to place stop loss orders. This means when the stock/share gets to a certain price point, the share gets sold.This can be used to minimize loss in the share.

I really appreciate that info!!!
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright I had enough what’s the safest exchange to use to buy some bitcoin and what would be a good entry at this point it keep going up so much it almost feel like getting in now wouldn’t just be a guessing game.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Here's an article about shorting Bitcoin:

https://coincentral.com/short-bitcoin/

Can you short Bitcoin?

Yes. Although not as prevalent as buying, there are a few different ways you can short Bitcoin:

Shorting Bitcoin on an exchange
    Shorting Bitcoin CFDs
    Bitcoin futures market
    Shorting Bitcoin on an exchange

If you already have experience trading cryptocurrency, the most natural way for you to short Bitcoin is on a cryptocurrency exchange. Many of the major exchange such as GDAX and Kraken give you the option to short the coins on their platform.

Bitfinex and some other exchanges also have leverage trading. You can leverage your Bitcoin short (up to 5x on some exchanges) if you’re feeling particularly confident or risky.

Shorting Bitcoin CFDs

A CFD (Contract for Difference) is a contract between two parties that speculates on the price of an underlying asset – in this case, Bitcoin. These investment derivatives allow you to “bet” on the price of Bitcoin without having to actually purchase it.

Not all CFD platforms have Bitcoin shorting options. If this method seems well suited for you, you may want to check out AvaTrade, one of the most popular Bitcoin CFD websites.

Bitcoin futures market

Similar to a Bitcoin CFD, you can also short Bitcoin through a futures trade. To short Bitcoin with this method you need to sell a future contract for Bitcoin at a price that’s lower than it is currently.

Until recently, there weren’t many reputable trading platforms you could do this through. However, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), Nasdaq, and most recently CBOE all announced that they’re opening up Bitcoin futures trading early this December.

Is shorting Bitcoin risky?

Yes. When you buy “long” on an asset, the maximum amount that you can lose is what you’ve invested because an asset can’t be worth less than $0.

When you short an asset, you can lose all your money if the asset continues to rise.

With Bitcoin sometimes doubling in price before any significant pullback, shorting it could be a risky endeavor. That being said, there’s plenty of people who’ve made a significant amount of money through short selling and making investments that seem to go against the grain.