E3 2017 | June 13th - 17th

Options

Comments

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so is ? of war a complete reboot? Looks like this kratos is new or a reincarnation of the last one.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought its just Kratos but a lil bit older?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? OF WAR WILL BE CHALLENGING NORSE GODS (ODIN, THOR, LOKI, FREYA) INSTEAD OF GREEK GODS...
    GODESSES TOO, ? AIN'T SAFE...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so is ? of war a complete reboot? Looks like this kratos is new or a reincarnation of the last one.

I think he might be a reincarnation.
  • THE_R_
    Options
    SONY & NINTENDO HAD GREAT CONFERENCES BTW...
  • THE_R_
    Options
    ALSO, SPEAKING OF GOW, I WAS DISAPPOINTED BY LAST YEAR'S SHOWING...
    I WASN'T FEELING THE CAMERA, BABYSITTING & THE SLOW PACED MOVEMENT...

BUT THIS YEAR'S SHOWING HAS ME MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT THE COMBAT/GAMEPLAY...
    I'M DEF. LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS...
  • matches malone
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

i think so too. The old Kratos had a daughter, this one looks like fatherhood is new to him. Also, the way he looked at the greek ? , looks like they might touch upon his past life.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

i think so too. The old Kratos had a daughter, this one looks like fatherhood is new to him. Also, the way he looked at the greek ? , looks like they might touch upon his past life.

Had to look it up but its still og Kratos, here is a interview with the dev, explaining some ? :
    http://kotaku.com/the-new-? -of-war-might-finally-make-kratos-interestin-1796080869
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »

Kinda depressing how he used to be a beast now he needs a child to help him beat up his enemies.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »

Kinda depressing how he used to be a beast now he needs a child to help him beat up his enemies.

Lol all the content i've seen is Kratos telling the kid to do something, only to be attacked by a monster and disappointed in his son after saving his ass.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know a whole lot of Norse Mythology so GoW will be super cool to see, but ? if they dont do Egyptian Mythology ill be upset.

Celtic mythology after Egyptian would be dope.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cory barlog stated back when gow3 was being made he suggested the norse gods neing involved while kratos went on a killing spree killing every ? in existence. Ill try to find that story when i get off work.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cory barlog stated back when gow3 was being made he suggested the norse gods neing involved while kratos went on a killing spree killing every ? in existence. Ill try to find that story when i get off work.

I remember that. It was a panel of all the GOW directors. It was on one of those games they re-released for the PS3. I think it was Cory who mentioned that.
  • matches malone
    Options
    I think i remember that. He said that Kratos was gonna meet his Norse and Egyptian counterparts, destroy teh gods together, and the game would end with the 3 becoming the 3 Wise Men, going to meet the one true ? .

But they said that the video game world wasnt ready for that type of storytelling, so they nixed it. Wouldve been trill as ?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think i remember that. He said that Kratos was gonna meet his Norse and Egyptian counterparts, destroy teh gods together, and the game would end with the 3 becoming the 3 Wise Men, going to meet the one true ? .

But they said that the video game world wasnt ready for that type of storytelling, so they nixed it. Wouldve been trill as ?

Current gen or next gen that ? going to happen since cory back in charge.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Folks would be furious if the final boss was allah.

? they would ban that game

And cut the head off of the developers
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forza 7 looks dope as ? I see why gran turismo hasn't said much yet
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Norse mythology and egyptian mythology have always been fair game in media, this could still happen.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Harder to be excited for forza since they drop one like every year. GT so far only release 2 GT per Sony console
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Harder to be excited for forza since they drop one like every year. GT so far only release 2 GT per Sony console

I haven't played forza in a long time so it will be fresh to me
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Super Mario Odyssey picking up all the Game of the Show awards, Metroid Prime 4 and mainline Pokemon on Switch were the biggest annoucements by the numbers, their new IP ARMS that dropped Friday is the #1 game on Amazon...but Nintendo didnt win E3
  • matches malone
    edited June 2017
    Options
    the switch seems to be getting cool games, gotta admit. But I want a Pro b4 I look into anything Nintendo.

Really happy I skipped that Wii U ? though. That was basically a 32x lol
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Super Mario Odyssey picking up all the Game of the Show awards, Metroid Prime 4 and mainline Pokemon on Switch were the biggest annoucements by the numbers, their new IP ARMS that dropped Friday is the #1 game on Amazon...but Nintendo didnt win E3

Metroid prime has no footage
    Pokémon - eh
    ARMS - eh