Is J. Cole beyond comparison?

Options
13»

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    it's funny how badly cole wanted that jay feature on his first album, but in the 6 years since then I don't think they've ever been on the same track together

Mr. Nice Watch proved they don't match up well
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's funny how badly cole wanted that jay feature on his first album, but in the 6 years since then I don't think they've ever been on the same track together

Star is born says you're wrong
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Cole vs Krit is a solid comparison

FNL & Krit was here both dropped in 2010

Both are producer/rappers

Both released about same amount of material if u look at albums & mixtapes

Naw man I'm voting Krit by a landslide. His mixtapes could compete with most of Cole's albums.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of these rappers are not distinct like the 80s and 90s or early 2000s. You don't have a Pac, Ice Cube, Snoop, Jay, Nas, Big, Outkast, Wu or Bone caliber rappers today and that's just a few. I don't even see why yall bather gassing any of these rappers. Cole and Kendrick would be ignored if they were out in the 90s.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Star is born says you're wrong

I'm so wrong that they haven't collaborated but twice in years.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar and J.Cole are both below Drake in the food chain.

so drake owns his masters and is getting paid by birdman? Lol ok.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I AGREE W/ COLE'S MUSIC NOT HAVING ANY REPLAY.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is one of them disgusting dickrider threads.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    Born sinner is Cole best lp imo. I don't think there's anything Kendrick can do that Cole can't other than the energy k.dot puts in his verses. Cole could've easily made tpab he could've made damn too.

IT WOULD BE HARD FOR COLE TO DO AN ALBUM LIKE TPAB...
    SINCE HIS THING IS "SELF-PRODUCTION"...
    UNLESS HE CHOOSES TO HAVE LIVE MUSICIANS PRODUCE HIS ALBUM...
    HE'S GONNA HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY AND RECORD MAD INSTRUMENTS...
    ONE OF THE BEST ASPECTS OF TPAB (OUTSIDE OF ITS MESSAGE) IS THE LIVE PRODUCTION...

So if i understand you right, if Cole was to work with outside producers you agree the goal would be reached ?? Cause all k.dot is doing different is picking different beats.
    Born sinner is Cole best lp imo. I don't think there's anything Kendrick can do that Cole can't other than the energy k.dot puts in his verses. Cole could've easily made tpab he could've made damn too.

I disagree with everything in this post lol

What's there to disagree with ?? What has k.dot done that Cole can't do ?

Make 3 damn good albums. 4 if you include Section 80. I like Cole, to an extent, but his best works are still mixtapes.

He could've capitalized on the buzz surrounding himself after releasing the first two singles and instead pulls a 180 and drops a "meh" album.

Cole doesn't have a definitively "great" album.

I disagree homie, there was nothing wrong with cole 1st 3 joints born sinner being my favorite. As for the mixtape argument if it's a cd full of original material why isn't it seen on Par with a album ?? ? in my ears if we counting mixtapes k.dot might be playing catch up
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

But he didn't make tpab or damn and hasnt....coles music ages super fast and doesn't have much replay value past a few weeks

Forest hills isn't seeing damn easily?? Imo born sinner can bang with tpab but thats me. Like i said that's my favorite cole lp
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole wack to me
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ONE OF THE BEST ASPECTS OF TPAB (OUTSIDE OF ITS MESSAGE) IS THE LIVE PRODUCTION...

So if i understand you right, if Cole was to work with outside producers you agree the goal would be reached ?? Cause all k.dot is doing different is picking different beats.

Make 3 damn good albums. 4 if you include Section 80. I like Cole, to an extent, but his best works are still mixtapes.

He could've capitalized on the buzz surrounding himself after releasing the first two singles and instead pulls a 180 and drops a "meh" album.

I disagree homie, there was nothing wrong with cole 1st 3 joints born sinner being my favorite. As for the mixtape argument if it's a cd full of original material why isn't it seen on Par with a album ?? ? in my ears if we counting mixtapes k.dot might be playing catch up

First album was trash to me in comparison to The Warm Up and FNL. Born Sinner was "meh" and only a little better than his first joint. FHD is the only Cole album I return to like that. His new joint is just ok.

We'll hafta agree to disagree, cuz in my mind, Cole's best album isn't even better than Kendrick's worst.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to think Cole World was weak but I went back to it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I think that's his second best after forest hills
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kendrick Lamar EP and OD were all original material, how exactly is he playing catch up?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sideline Story was good. Fans were just mad they thru on a couple old tracks
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm actually starting to like 4 for eyes only more
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole too 1 dimensional for me. He's just a smidgen better than Wale.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    robblr86 wrote: »
    Cole too 1 dimensional for me. He's just a smidgen better than Wale.

How when he raps abt everything hell wale do to