jadakiss
    jada
    sheek louch

brah.. they are all in top 30

Sheek ain't no top 30...and styles p is debatable
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their albums don't stand up, but the lox have been around too many classic moments, have too many classic songs and quotable as a collective and individually and have seemingly been culturally relevant forever to not get the nod. And sheek might be the weak link of the 3 when they're together, but he quietly has a pretty slick discography. Not as good as styles, but arguably better than Jada's. I definitely remember listening to walk wit me more than kiss the game goodbye for mighty d block alone. Styles is head and shoulders above both of them as far as catalog though.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    UTFO

Ya Cold Wanna Be With Me - UTFO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUFkGWnoSKM

How many clasdic albums they have?

Their first 3 albums were solid.

Never heard the 4th or 5th albums.

Here's a quick playlist

1. Roxanne Roxanne
    2. Leader Of The Pack
    3. Bite It
    4. Hangin Out
    5. Just Watch
    6. Split Personality
    7. Pick Up The Pace
    8. Ya Cold Wanna Be With Me
    9. Diss
    10. S.W.A.T. (Get Down)
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Onyx
    UTFO

Here's a quick playlist

1. Roxanne Roxanne
    2. Leader Of The Pack
    3. Bite It
    4. Hangin Out
    5. Just Watch
    6. Split Personality
    7. Pick Up The Pace
    9. Diss
    10. S.W.A.T. (Get Down)

Don't think they could take on any of these groups. Maybe the Migos, but then again they got alot of classic mixtape material. Don't think it would be far. The competition on here tough. Alot of bars and classic songs and albums.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UTFO

Here's a quick playlist

1. Roxanne Roxanne
    2. Leader Of The Pack
    3. Bite It
    4. Hangin Out
    5. Just Watch
    6. Split Personality
    7. Pick Up The Pace
    9. Diss
    10. S.W.A.T. (Get Down)

Don't think they could take on any of these groups. Maybe the Migos, but then again they got alot of classic mixtape material. Don't think it would be far. The competition on here tough. Alot of bars and classic songs and albums.

Well you know one of their members, The Educated Rapper, died yesterday. Thats why I gave them a mention.

But yeah, in the mid 80s UTFO was in the mix alongside Run DMC, Whodini, The Fat Boys, Dougie Fresh and Slick Rick. Their big song was Roxanne Roxanne which spawned over 20 responses (I had a CD-R with 24 Roxanne Roxanne response records). Their first album was cool. Then Educated Rapper left the group for the second album (I think he had a drug problem) and then he returned for the third album.

Then they released Ya Cold Wanna Be With Me right around the time we went back to school in Sep 87. I got a job working at McDonalds and that was one of the albums I bought with my first paycheck. The album was called Lethal. It was ok but LL Cool J, Eric B and Rakim and Boogie Down Productions were much better.

But yeah, The Educated Rapper died yesterday, RIP.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    Rip The Educated Rapper.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lox
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Pras is one of those rappers I like to pretend didn't happen. Fugees is a duo to me

? gonna flag me but I can live without Sheek on most tracks

Id vote Reup Gang (Pusha, Malice, Liva)

Sheek actually been nicer than the other two the last few years

no cosign

Lmao

This don't sound like somebody wack like I said something crazy. Plus if you go over they songs the last few years he does have better verses sometimes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-2GDZBr4

nope try again

So you gonna pretend Like Silverback guerilla wasn't better than Jada's first album also?

OK homie lol smh
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lox
    Pras is one of those rappers I like to pretend didn't happen. Fugees is a duo to me

no cosign

Lmao

This don't sound like somebody wack like I said something crazy. Plus if you go over they songs the last few years he does have better verses sometimes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-2GDZBr4

nope try again

So you gonna pretend Like Silverback guerilla wasn't better than Jada's first album also?

OK homie lol smh

So we gonna compare first albums from 2008 and 2002

But in all fairness I never checked for any of Sheek's solo, he's not wack but next to Jada and Styles he doesnt stand out lyrically on the tracks
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »
    De La Soul

Not in the contest. Not a 3 mc group.

You are wrong.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    De La Soul

Not in the contest. Not a 3 mc group.

You are wrong.

He rap like 1.5% of all the songs in their whole career. Jarobi rapped more than him and he only rhymed on one album. If we are talking about best 3 Mc groups, Macso barely and rarely rapped, so they wouldn't be the greatest in that category because he didn't hold his weight as a Mc.
  • Weazel
    Options
    Maseo IS a rapper too tho
    But whatever man.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Onyx
    Blue man group
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    Karl. wrote: »
    Blue man group

Never heard of them.
  • Weazel
    Options
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Onyx
    bck145 wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I'M A HUSTLER WAS A COOL ALBUM, BUT CHILL...

The same could be said about all of jadas albums....styles and sheeks albums are a little better but it's not like we are comparing a regular album to any classics

Style first album was a classic and Sheeks first was too or pretty close to it. Hood not fucken with them.

Stop it with the classic ? ...lox have no solo classics
  • bck145
    Options
    Onyx

no cosign

J hood>sheek

J hood the best rapper d block had

stop it with the foolishness now

We never saw an album but just in terms of rapping...he had the best flow and punches in the group

Hood stripes vol 2 goes front to back and got more play from me than any other d block mixtape of that time period
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

Na Bro. Anybody can rap, but you have to be serious to be a Mc. That's why I won't put them in this category. But they are one of the best 2 Mc groups.

The same could be said about all of jadas albums....styles and sheeks albums are a little better but it's not like we are comparing a regular album to any classics

Style first album was a classic and Sheeks first was too or pretty close to it. Hood not fucken with them.

Didn't you just say Ghostface is the worst rapper? You opinion means nothing over here. In fact it mean the opposite of your opinion is right.
  • bck145
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

Na Bro. Anybody can rap, but you have to be serious to be a Mc. That's why I won't put them in this category. But they are one of the best 2 Mc groups.

Didn't you just say Ghostface is the worst rapper? You opinion means nothing over here. In fact it mean the opposite of your opinion is right.

My opinion of ghostface has nothing to do with the lox not having classic solo albums.....thats just painfully obvious...you just have an issue with labeling anything a classic...it goes to show you don't know how to evaulate music at all
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

My opinion of ghostface has nothing to do with the lox not having classic solo albums.....thats just painfully obvious...you just have an issue with labeling anything a classic...it goes to show you don't know how to evaulate music at all

Maybe you are the one with issues because no one ever agrees with anything you say. But hey make a post about Gangsta and Gentlemen being a classic or not, if you feel that strongly about it.
  • bck145
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

Maybe you are the one with issues because no one ever agrees with anything you say. But hey make a post about Gangsta and Gentlemen being a classic or not, if you feel that strongly about it.

I don't need to...its been done...its not a classic

It's a good album and I enjoyed it but you need you re evaluate what the word classic means....gangsta a gentleman was a blip on the radar in terms of overall hip hop
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

It's a good album and I enjoyed it but you need you re evaluate what the word classic means....gangsta a gentleman was a blip on the radar in terms of overall hip hop

I don't believe nothing you type. Sound like you scared.
  • bck145
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

Scared of what? The internet? Haha you must be a teenager
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

You must be a donkey, because your ass backward.
  • bck145
    Options
    Onyx
    But whatever man.

Rapper not a Mc.

I see you trolling
    But I'm not hating.

You must be a donkey, because your ass backward.

Good response.....run along...you ain't built for this ?