Hannibal Burress gets random black man to pretend hes him at Spiderman premiere... Nobody noticed

Options
TheGOAT
TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
hannibal-buress-640x478.jpg

Buress, who plays Coach Wilson in the superhero movie, tweeted Wednesday afternoon that he needed “a lookalike with solid comedic timing for an event tonight.” In the tweets, which have since been deleted, he also asked for photos and offered a $500 reward.

Hours later at the premiere — which was live-streamed on YouTube — a man identified as Hannibal Buress walked the red carpet and spoke about his role in Homecoming. The only problem is, he was not Hannibal Buress, as is clear from a screenshot that Buress sarcastically tweeted.

According to social media evidence, Buress’ doppelgänger appears to be a man named Joe Carroll, a self-described author, screenwriter, director, and actor hailing from Nashville and currently residing in Los Angeles.

Representatives for Sony Pictures and Buress did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment about Buress’ stunt; reps for Marvel Studios declined to comment.

hannibal-buress-twitter.jpg?w=2700

53tdbjd2li6i.png
fgqbw86ejrga.png

Comments

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MF Doom ? =Goat ? =ppl are so easy to manipulate
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought that was glc
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome, but I hope this doesn't jeopardize future roles
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint this the unfunny strugglin comedian ? ? that started that Cosby ? in a hole in the wall joint!!?

funny..
    after that "random" as ? outburst he gets his own show and now a role in a Marvel flick??

how convenient. lmmfao
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal Burress the unfunniest ? alive but this was funny
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint this the unfunny strugglin comedian ? ? that started that Cosby ? in a hole in the wall joint!!?

funny..
    after that "random" as ? outburst he gets his own show and now a role in a Marvel flick??

how convenient. lmmfao

Tap dance for the jew man and you'll get put on.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hmmmm, a "who?" reaction button? Minor, but... id use it.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well, if some random white C List comedian did the same thing. I'd prolly fall for the gag too. Not everyone is up on everyone like that irl. meh. still funny tho
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Hannibal is only funny on Eric Andre...
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    well, if some random white C List comedian did the same thing. I'd prolly fall for the gag too. Not everyone is up on everyone like that irl. meh. still funny tho

Same ? i was thinkin ive heard his name before but wouldnt know that ? from any other random ? if he was in front of me
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hannibal is the most unfunny comedian I've ever had the misfortune of hearing. Seriously. The ? is wack as ? .
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

funny..

how convenient. lmmfao

? that Cosby ? had been in the news for damn near a decade before he made that joke

This is true but still don't mean he didn't benefit from telling that joke and the person who taped him putting it out there and it going viral to make it front page news again.

Probably not the reason he told the joke and he probably didn't know what would happen after telling it but at the end of it all he greatly benefited from it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't have noticed either
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Some people say all black people look alike
    We don't get bent out of shape, we normally call those people police"

• TheGOAT
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Hannibal already had his own special by the time he went in on Cosby. He wasn't some nobody. He was writing for 30 rock, he had worked with Louis CK.

People aren't out here dangling carrots for up-and-coming comedians in the hopes they'll take the bait and diss your childhood heroes

How many comedians that you know of who are known for writing and don't have a critically acclaimed special or a stand-up bit on a show like comic view or def comedy jam that is universally considered funny just start getting commercials that are based around them?

That man benefited from what he said about Cosby no matter who he may have wrote for.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Apart from comedy Hannibal's Podcast is actually one of the better Hip Hop Podcasts out.

Almost every ep has a rapper featured
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I admit... it took me awhile to even give this man a chance on the comedy scene...
    but I watched a few of his stand- up specials and them sh*ts were funny as f*ck.

Id recommend Comedy Camisado. I watched it twice. Funny both times.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

funny..

how convenient. lmmfao

He's had several movie and TV rolls before and after he made that joke

And he wrote for SNL

The Cosby info wasn't new when he said it anyways....

I think he's funny
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hes got a subtle comedy style that is funny sometimes...

but this doppleganger ? is hilarious.