Is it fair to say that the gods or our higher power is lazy? Or just incapable?

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess they should start directing people to the book of Job if they want explanations of why ? allows certain things.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Guess they should start directing people to the book of Job if they want explanations of why ? allows certain things.

Yeah, I wonder why so many of these pastors are saying ? had nothing to do with this, despite the Bible saying the exact opposite. Maybe they are embarrassed?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Idek what the problem is in admitting ? and the devil work hand in hand. That's life, there is choices, how can you know one without the other? How can you discern between something if there is nothing to discern?
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Assuming there is a devil, yeah that would make sense. The Bible ? never killed the devil, so that makes sense from a Biblical standpoint. But most Christians I know say ? is good and would never work with the devil lol, at least that's what Christians in my family say. Pastors tend to diss "the devil" every chance they get, maybe they shouldn't.

The devil working with ? hand in hand would be fascinating if true, as that would make ? just as evil as the devil. The theory of a half evil ? or maybe an evil ? is something I've heard theologians and others speak about. Anything is possible. The way Hurricane Irma and Harvey are acting, we can't rule it out.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Speaking of the devil, a Satanist created an interesting website. He worships Lucifer, and actually argues that if ? exists, then it likely is evil haha. Not saying I agree with this, but it's very interesting

http://www.dpjs.co.uk/? .html
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The CEO is not bogged down with little day to day stuff. Look @ the World / Universe as a company. Everybody and everything u ever heard of works here. Humans, aliens, hybrids whatever we've all heard about. But! We all roll up to ONE CEO. Some of us never see or deal with him but u feel his presence and knows he's real.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    The CEO is not bogged down with little day to day stuff. Look @ the World / Universe as a company. Everybody and everything u ever heard of works here. Humans, aliens, hybrids whatever we've all heard about. But! We all roll up to ONE CEO. Some of us never see or deal with him but u feel his presence and knows he's real.

My brother said something like this to me a few weeks ago, but the theory of there being only one CEO makes almost zero sense in this world, UNLESS that one CEO is very evil, a ? , and ? up. Think about it, why create a world with conditions that means your children suffer and are eaten alive every single day? Animals especially, the lifespan of a cow is filled with horrible suffering, and the same goes for some human babies out there who have to live with living parasites eating its organs and insides. This happens thousands of times a day in some places.

To me, it makes more sense that several CEOs with competing agendas are what we really have. What the true agenda of these CEOS is, is the biggest mystery of our time.

• kingblaze84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If there truly is "one ? ", then someone please explain why this one ? seems so comfortable seeing so many of its children eat and torture each other all the time. If anyone is a parent here, would you allow your creation to eat your other creations? Would you let your pet dog eat your pet guinea pig, or your own child? Yet this is the world we live in. This is why I cannot (or refuse to) believe that there is "one" ? . How can one ? be so callous and cold to its own creations? Makes more sense that competing gods or forces are at work in our universe.

https://youtu.be/q9CB3TuYkVA

--Number one in this video should not be surprising....
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeing as how ? humans can be (trump supporters), I wouldn't be surprised if ? just threw her hands up and said "? it".

Probably stopped caring about the masses long ago and as someone mentioned earlier, has select favorites.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Seeing as how ? humans can be (trump supporters), I wouldn't be surprised if ? just threw her hands up and said "? it".

Probably stopped caring about the masses long ago and as someone mentioned earlier, has select favorites.

This is almost EXACTLY what I think. Whatever ? or higher power is out there has given up on humanity for the most part, and has a chosen few it might look out for.

Life otherwise, makes no sense lol
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Haven't heard of our higher power being referred to as a female in awhile, anything is possible
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Haven't heard of our higher power being referred to as a female in awhile, anything is possible

? is a black woman. Gotta be.
    We are the most resilient, strong, powerful, intelligent class. If anyone really knows black women they can see that we are always the creators of new trends thus making us natural leaders. And when our ideas are stolen, we are always able to invent new better ones.

Then again, this is another topic for another day. (:
  • kingblaze84
    Options

? is a black woman. Gotta be.
    We are the most resilient, strong, powerful, intelligent class. If anyone really knows black women they can see that we are always the creators of new trends thus making us natural leaders. And when our ideas are stolen, we are always able to invent new better ones.

Then again, this is another topic for another day. (:

The first people on Earth were Black African, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. We definitely are the most resilient and strong, as I've always said.

The Black Madonna is still cherished in European countries and since a Black woman gave birth to humanity, who knows, maybe you're right. That would be really interesting.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    As far as intelligence, the Asians might win on that one lol.....I'm just joking
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i need to come back an read this
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I was reading a book on Christopher Columbus the other night, and it really struck me how evil seems to win most of the time. Many say good wins in the end, but how can we say that when it seems evil oppressors such as Columbus and the British Empire get so much of what they want? And their ancestors got rich off the same behavior for hundreds of years lol.....The universe shrugged when Native Americans were slaughtered and committed mass suicides when hopelessness won over, just as it did when the Tasmanians gave up hope against the evil British colonialists and died out.

I agree with many here that whatever ? or higher power out there likely stopped caring, but it's a really creepy thing about this world in that evil behavior seems to be rewarded so much and so OFTEN. In a predator vs prey world, the most violent and brutal usually win, while the mostly peaceful seem to be victimized over and over again. What does that say about the creators of this world? An unsettling thought for me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As many here may already know, I'm not religious, but I tend to believe there is some kind of higher power out there. Lately, I haven't discussed religion with much people because I consider religion to be something of a scam and it seems more and more people are realizing this, but I remain very open to there being some kind of ? or higher power out there. I have flirted with all out atheism before and at times still do, but I can't get around the fact that there seems to be SOME kind of design in the world. As flawed as much of it is......

With that being said, my mom is a nurse and takes care of special needs children. What made me create this thread is that she is now taking care of a 5 year old girl who not only has autism, she was born with a hole in her throat, born a dwarf, cannot speak, and is partially deaf. She needs an oxygen tank at all times. The mother of the girl is a healthy woman who seems responsible, and ironically is somewhat religious. So how the hell does a religious woman give birth to a baby born with all these deformities?

For those who firmly believe or at least think there is a ? /higher power, is it safe to say that ? /the gods are somewhat lazy? Thousands, maybe millions of babies are born with deformities every year, and while I hear some say ? doesn't make mistakes, that clearly isn't the case. Or maybe my expectations of a ? are too high? It just seems weird that our "? " can make so many mistakes in life.

Why is it that you feel that a higher power must make it so there is no negativity in the lives of lower beings? Compared to insects, we are a higher power. Do we go around trying to solve all the problems that insects face?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As many here may already know, I'm not religious, but I tend to believe there is some kind of higher power out there. Lately, I haven't discussed religion with much people because I consider religion to be something of a scam and it seems more and more people are realizing this, but I remain very open to there being some kind of ? or higher power out there. I have flirted with all out atheism before and at times still do, but I can't get around the fact that there seems to be SOME kind of design in the world. As flawed as much of it is......

With that being said, my mom is a nurse and takes care of special needs children. What made me create this thread is that she is now taking care of a 5 year old girl who not only has autism, she was born with a hole in her throat, born a dwarf, cannot speak, and is partially deaf. She needs an oxygen tank at all times. The mother of the girl is a healthy woman who seems responsible, and ironically is somewhat religious. So how the hell does a religious woman give birth to a baby born with all these deformities?

For those who firmly believe or at least think there is a ? /higher power, is it safe to say that ? /the gods are somewhat lazy? Thousands, maybe millions of babies are born with deformities every year, and while I hear some say ? doesn't make mistakes, that clearly isn't the case. Or maybe my expectations of a ? are too high? It just seems weird that our "? " can make so many mistakes in life.

Why is it that you feel that a higher power must make it so there is no negativity in the lives of lower beings? Compared to insects, we are a higher power. Do we go around trying to solve all the problems that insects face?

Well humans didn't create the world, did we? Yeah we pretty much have mastery over every insect and animal on Earth (for the most part), but we didn't create Earth, I'm speaking of powers higher then us that made the world. I know some think the world was created by accident (Big Bang Theory) and who knows maybe that's true, but assuming a ? or higher power made us and the world, yeah I think some would think that whatever made us would create a less hostile world. Or maybe we're just ants in a sandbox in some kind of weird experiment, which seems likely at this point.

I feel blessed in many ways, but I know that too many out there got it really bad, the cases out there in the medical world are pretty horrifying. But don't misunderstand me, I don't expect much of any ? out there anymore, that ship has long sailed.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Evil isn't rewarded it's just the easier path so many walk it.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Evil isn't rewarded throughout history? As if the British Empire and others didn't get fantastically rich off oppression and stealing from other people? The Spanish Empire made a total fortune after obliterating the Native Americans, and this seems to happen over and over again throughout history.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Well humans didn't create the world, did we? Yeah we pretty much have mastery over every insect and animal on Earth (for the most part), but we didn't create Earth, I'm speaking of powers higher then us that made the world. I know some think the world was created by accident (Big Bang Theory) and who knows maybe that's true, but assuming a ? or higher power made us and the world, yeah I think some would think that whatever made us would create a less hostile world. Or maybe we're just ants in a sandbox in some kind of weird experiment, which seems likely at this point.

I feel blessed in many ways, but I know that too many out there got it really bad, the cases out there in the medical world are pretty horrifying. But don't misunderstand me, I don't expect much of any ? out there anymore, that ship has long sailed.

The bold is a baseless assumption and it's like 99% of the problem you have with godly things. There is absolutely nothing that dictates that a higher power would make a world free of trials and tribulations.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

The bold is a baseless assumption and it's like 99% of the problem you have with godly things. There is absolutely nothing that dictates that a higher power would make a world free of trials and tribulations.

I can understand adults having to face big problems, fine. But little kids too? Come on even that's gotta make you question things.

There's a reason so many people don't even believe in a ? , despite the designs of the world, and the big problems some kids go through is a big reason why. I'm not atheist but I definitely think whatever designed the world could have done a better job in many ways. Or maybe whatever made us was incapable of doing so.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I can understand adults having to face big problems, fine. But little kids too? Come on even that's gotta make you question things.

There's a reason so many people don't even believe in a ? , despite the designs of the world, and the big problems some kids go through is a big reason why. I'm not atheist but I definitely think whatever designed the world could have done a better job in many ways. Or maybe whatever made us was incapable of doing so.

You're thinking like a human being. To a being that's so far above us that we are like ants, the distinction between an adult human and a child human may very well be meaningless. This is why as a Christian, I don't try to guess ? 's motivations for what he does. I take what the Bible gives us and leave it at that. I can say what I think ? should have done in situations, but if he's able to see things from a vantage point that I can't even conceive of, how can I judge his actions?
  • MistyKnight
    Options

You're thinking like a human being. To a being that's so far above us that we are like ants, the distinction between an adult human and a child human may very well be meaningless. This is why as a Christian, I don't try to guess ? 's motivations for what he does. I take what the Bible gives us and leave it at that. I can say what I think ? should have done in situations, but if he's able to see things from a vantage point that I can't even conceive of, how can I judge his actions?

To summarize, you basically just said that everything happens for a reason and to never question ? for those reasons... But that's the difference between religion and simply believing that a higher being exists.

Religion is created to make us feel better about the horrors that this earth is capable of and to not question ? and believe it is all her "plan". but people like me and OP have a hard time believing that there is a reason for children being killed, so we conclude that ? only gives a ? sometimes about some people.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Evil isn't rewarded throughout history? As if the British Empire and others didn't get fantastically rich off oppression and stealing from other people? The Spanish Empire made a total fortune after obliterating the Native Americans, and this seems to happen over and over again throughout history.

On earth it appears rewarded, but spiritually they are empty vessels with no worth.