Netflix's Deathnote

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    I'm liked it never seen the anime. If they did a series it kit get the aspect and detail you guys want. A stand alone I liked it.

Check the Anime. No movie can accurately capture Death Note.

Is the anime on Netflix?

Yes
  • Beta
    Options
    Plus light didn't take a potato chip...AND EAT IT! In the movie
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dupac wrote: »
    I mean, the only people who I've seen who don't like it, have seen the anime.

To me,, that means y'all smug.

The movie is good. People who haven't seen the anime agree.

Y'all have an inability to separate the two. They can be totally different and still both be good.

I mean there are people who hate the anime bcuz of things changed from the manga

There are folk who didn't like the anime till it became dubbed

People are weird. Good is good.

It was a good movie.

tenor.gif
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm liked it never seen the anime. If they did a series it kit get the aspect and detail you guys want. A stand alone I liked it.

Proves my point.

The anime is much better,

But the movie was still good.....

If your only response to someone saying "I think the movie was good" is to ask them have they seen the anime, that mean you're being smug

Your refuse to even acknowledge the movie,, cuz you feel that you have superior knowledge that makes the movie irrelevant...

That makes you smug...

If you pull your head out your own ass, you'd see that mad people who liked the movie...Like the dude I quoted now want to see the anime as well...

Only good and interesting movies do that...

That's how I read the entire vampire chronicles and every other book Anne rice wrote, cuz I saw interview with the vampire and queen of the damned first. I thought the movies were good,, someone recommended the books,, and I loved them...

Hollywood butchered queen of the damned too....But it still was a fun and good movie to watch

Just cuz the anime was better doesn't make the movie trash....

It was a very good movie that sparked a lot of interest
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check the Anime. No movie can accurately capture Death Note.

Is the anime on Netflix?

Not sure.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie looks extremely trashy
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Proves my point.

The anime is much better,

But the movie was still good.....

If your only response to someone saying "I think the movie was good" is to ask them have they seen the anime, that mean you're being smug

Your refuse to even acknowledge the movie,, cuz you feel that you have superior knowledge that makes the movie irrelevant...

That makes you smug...

If you pull your head out your own ass, you'd see that mad people who liked the movie...Like the dude I quoted now want to see the anime as well...

Only good and interesting movies do that...

That's how I read the entire vampire chronicles and every other book Anne rice wrote, cuz I saw interview with the vampire and queen of the damned first. I thought the movies were good,, someone recommended the books,, and I loved them...

Hollywood butchered queen of the damned too....But it still was a fun and good movie to watch

Just cuz the anime was better doesn't make the movie trash....

It was a very good movie that sparked a lot of interest
    Kairo wrote: »
    I mean, the only people who I've seen who don't like it, have seen the anime.

To me,, that means y'all smug.

The movie is good. People who haven't seen the anime agree.

Y'all have an inability to separate the two. They can be totally different and still both be good.

I mean there are people who hate the anime bcuz of things changed from the manga

There are folk who didn't like the anime till it became dubbed

People are weird. Good is good.

It was a good movie.

tenor.gif

It just woke the fandom up. Same thing happened to Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ghost in the Shell and Dragon Ball. Movie adaptations (bad or good) revitalize fandoms.

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the japan version from like 10 years ago was better than this one
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is more entertaining than the movie.
  • Dupac
    Options

most smug youtube channel on the internet....

all their videos are self-righteous
  • Dupac
    Options
    they complained about it being in america, the soundtrack and a asian guy being thick....

and I loved that L performance..? was a great and different version..just like Light...just bcuz Light wasn't a super genius doesn't mean their back n forth wasn't still good...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they complained about it being in america, the soundtrack and a asian guy being thick....

and I loved that L performance..? was a great and different version..just like Light...just bcuz Light wasn't a super genius doesn't mean their back n forth wasn't still good...

lol What? Light was an idiot and L was a neurotic baby. When was their back and forth anything other than ? .

I do agree with the video that DaFoe's voicing of Ryuk was great though.
  • Beta
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This ? Du is ride or die with this garbage. Are you an investor? This movie is ass.

Beanie sigel must've executive produced this
  • Dupac
    Options
    This ? Du is ride or die with this garbage. Are you an investor? This movie is ass.

i think it's good,

and i thin everybody who doesn't is only saying that cuz they saw the anime, and are being smug

the fact that every single person who doesn't like it has seen the anime, and almost all the people who like haven't...

it fits my theory
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

i think it's good,

and i thin everybody who doesn't is only saying that cuz they saw the anime, and are being smug

the fact that every single person who doesn't like it has seen the anime, and almost all the people who like haven't...

it fits my theory

Why we gotta be smug though? Why can't we just be pointing out that the anime is a far superior product and that this version is a poor representation of the brand? You liked Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender too didn't you?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had no idea it was an anime.

Lol @ some of yall..gung ? af.

It was alright, entertaining enough.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm not one of those people who thinks adaptations have to be 100% faithful to the source material, but sometimes changes are just bad. I'm not exaggerating when I say they pretty much removed everything that made the anime good from the movie. The only thing they kept were the characters and the notebook concept.

But even if you don't care about the source material, I still have a hard time seeing how people thought it was a good movie. The pacing was probably the thing I hated most about the movie and doesn't really have anything to do with the source material.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the japan version from like 10 years ago was better than this one

https://youtu.be/gRmFWegwuds
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I had no idea it was an anime.

Lol @ some of yall..gung ? af.

It was alright, entertaining enough.

? nerd
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i think it's good,

it fits my theory

You can like it, hell I don't hate it but...

IMDB 4.6/10
    Rotten Tomatoes 41%
    Metacritic 4.3/user score 3.2

By every metric it is considered a subpar film. There is no conspiracy by fanboys of the anime, it just isn't very good.

You can still like it.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima find a Death Note and write Du' s name in it so he can stop writing all these paragraphs full of nonsense

He is straight tripping, even little evil is a more solid film than this.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

DAMN...this saved me from watching the movie lol