Who are the most overrated NFL players?

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    The Patriots win 70 percent of the games when Brady is out. He is the most overrated player ever.

After what he did in a quarter and a half to my team in the Super Bowl I have to humbly disagree. Much as I hate to admit

Their defense embarrassed y'all
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    How is dez overrated again?

Pending this year. He's coming off back to back seasons with under 1,000 yards, and he's still praised like one of the top receivers in the league.

He's been hurt tho lol..
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only caught 48% of his targets, worst in the NFL. Also had multiple drops in clutch moments. I've said he's been overrated for the past 2-3 years other receivers surpassed him, he's still solid just not a top 10 receiver anymore
  • Olorun22
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Only caught 48% of his targets, worst in the NFL. Also had multiple drops in clutch moments. I've said he's been overrated for the past 2-3 years other receivers surpassed him, he's still solid just not a top 10 receiver anymore

Here we go... he's not a top ten wr anymore..so youre admitting he was a top wr but he was overrated 2-3 years and 3 years ago he had 16 tds but he was overrated lol
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Here we go... he's not a top ten wr anymore..so youre admitting he was a top wr but he was overrated 2-3 years and 3 years ago he had 16 tds but he was overrated lol

He was top 10 at 1 point, then I noticed his regression and high drop rate. I said a few years ago he has plenty of games where he starts off fast then fades away. Just like that thanksgiving game last year he was talking like he fried Norman and he had like 3 catches for 38 yards. I've had this discussion with you before dude took a few years to get going I think it took a season and a half maybe more before he got his first 100 yard game. Dez isn't an elite receiver and hasn't been for a few years
  • Olorun22
    Options

He was top 10 at 1 point, then I noticed his regression and high drop rate. I said a few years ago he has plenty of games where he starts off fast then fades away. Just like that thanksgiving game last year he was talking like he fried Norman and he had like 3 catches for 38 yards. I've had this discussion with you before dude took a few years to get going I think it took a season and a half maybe more before he got his first 100 yard game. Dez isn't an elite receiver and hasn't been for a few years

? , you didn't notice no high drop rate you have to be told that stat. Don't trying to come off like you some football guru. Nobody is overeating dez tho that why I want to know what y'all get this from. He's been hurt the past two season and he drop off of people board.

Who has called dez a top 5 wr the past couple of season?

When aj green was getting hurt nobdy talk about him and that's how the game goes.. does have anything to do with the skill of the player.

Saying someone is overrated is based on skills.

Now, as far as dez 100 games goes .. I can tell when people doesn't watch the cowboys. People act like dez is the only guy on the team. He has played with miles Austin, Roy Williams, Jason witten, Cole Beasley Marcellus Bennett and has been in. Run first offense the past 3 season. Hes not about to get the targets like lbj Julio ab and green
  • uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thomas gon be a top 10 WR this year

He was a beast as a rookie this year.
  • Olorun22
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lmao that's a lot of feelings, I never claimed to be a football guru ever, it didn't take that to realize Dez has a problem with drops. I'm on the what have you done for me lately boat and your man's has regressed.

AB, Julio, odell, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Baldwin, landry, hopkins, TY hilton, Fitz, Garcon, cooper, diggs, maclin, marshall, tate, demaryius have been better then your mans over the past 2 seasons.

Come back with facts and not feelings cuz I'm on the verge of pulling up stats and really gonna embarrass you In front of all these people

? please I had no feelings in this ? to be honest and those stats you have is already known it's not like you about to reveal some new ? so miss with that in going to embarrass you ? .

This is funny ? though you can put up any person who has been hurt in a certain period of time and compare to someone who's played. they're going to have better stat wtf how is that anything knew. ? is steady harping on two season when a player has been hurt and try to valid why he overrated but nobody even talked about him the past two season about being top 5 and you still have not name anyone who has done that
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pending this year. He's coming off back to back seasons with under 1,000 yards, and he's still praised like one of the top receivers in the league.

He's been hurt tho lol..

And didn't have a QB in 2015
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Weak excuse. Bad QB's can get receivers to 1,000 yards. Pryor just did it with a carousel of ? QB's in Cleveland. Evans and Jackson did with McCown a few years ago. Kelce did it in KC last year. Thomas and Sanders both did it in DEN last year with a ? QB situation. Like I said...it's pending this year, but I'm not listening to 3 consecutive years of excuses.
  • southsil4lil
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Weak excuse. Bad QB's can get receivers to 1,000 yards. Pryor just did it with a carousel of ? QB's in Cleveland. Evans and Jackson did with McCown a few years ago. Kelce did it in KC last year. Thomas and Sanders both did it in DEN last year with a ? QB situation. Like I said...it's pending this year, but I'm not listening to 3 consecutive years of excuses.

You didn't watch Cowboys games in 2015
  • bow to royalty
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Everyone has to watch cowboys games. Williams got over twice as many yards, without twice as many games. They have different quarterbacks?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

I named receivers who put up better numbers with worse QB play (Hopkins got 1,600 yards with 4 QB's barely in the league) ? euro stepped that 48% of his targets being caught over the past few years tho. Elite receivers don't get the excuses he does
  • southsil4lil
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Everyone has to watch cowboys games. Williams got over twice as many yards, without twice as many games. They have different quarterbacks?

What are you talking about Dez played in 9 games, Terrance Williams played all 16

Idk if it was by design or not but Matt Casell, Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore wouldn't throw a pass further than ten yards and when Dez was in thet never even looked in his direction.

I know his numbers haven't been great the past two seasons but it's definitely reasoning behind it......if he doesn't produce this year then we might have a problem
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gronk-great talent but always too injured to play.... Dude has played like 7 downs in the past 5 seasons

Dez-for being a ? , having hands like frying pans constantly getting locked up in big games talking ? all the time and under performing and staying injured

Matt Ryan- always folding like a cheap lawn chair in big close games.

Andrew luck- hasn't won ? but constantly getting praised

Joe Flacco - does he still exist? That contract does so he's on the list

Odb- always dropping passes in big games
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Le'veon Bell. Dude is an injury waiting to happen, especially come playoff time. Definitely the new LaDainian Tomlinson.

And I'm a Steelers fan.

LT is top 5 back of all time.

So how is that a bad thing?

naw he aint top 5... Dickerson,Allen, Brown, Payton, Emmitt, Barry , Peterson, Campbell all were better
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bow to royalty
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

What are you talking about Dez played in 9 games, Terrance Williams played all 16

Idk if it was by design or not but Matt Casell, Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore wouldn't throw a pass further than ten yards and when Dez was in thet never even looked in his direction.

I know his numbers haven't been great the past two seasons but it's definitely reasoning behind it......if he doesn't produce this year then we might have a problem

Williams got over twice as, many yards (840 vs 401), but didn't play twice as many games (16 vs 9). Last year Beasley had a better year. Dez got paid, then his production died.
  • Olorun22
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Williams got over twice as, many yards (840 vs 401), but didn't play twice as many games (16 vs 9). Last year Beasley had a better year. Dez got paid, then his production died with injuries .

Fixed for accuracy.....

Love the no context argument guys just keep up the great work
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Still waiting on this embarrassment tho????????
  • bow to royalty
    Options

He's been hurt tho lol..

Williams got over twice as, many yards (840 vs 401), but didn't play twice as many games (16 vs 9). Last year Beasley had a better year. Dez got paid, then his production died with injuries .

Fixed for accuracy.....

Love the no context argument guys just keep up the great work

Dude suited up for 13 games last season. You're talking about him like he missed half the year. He missed 3 games, and didn't have enough yards/game to be on pace for 1,000 either.

Dude is just looking like a product of Romo
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options