JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM

Options

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Juelz Santana is the protype for Lil Wayne.

Juelz was more popular before Wayne blew up let's not rewrite history...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    same world but people see it a different way
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

This is interesting, Somebody else would know better than I would tho cause Im not a big fan of either one, I just caught the mainstream ? .
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nadeska needs an opinion

I watch this show everyday and she kinda ruins some of the best moments by "moderating"
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Stew wrote: »

This is interesting, Somebody else would know better than I would tho cause Im not a big fan of either one, I just caught the mainstream ? .

Knowing you can't tell if this is sarcasm or not
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam and dip set killed traditional NY hip hop and opened the door for southern influence in the North East.

I'd say Puffy moreso did that with the Shiny Suit era. He commercialized NY hip hop to the point that the super pop friendly southern ? could slide in.

This.. Once it was cool to be a mediocre MC that glorified Popping bottles, and ? the south blew. The south ignored their own lyrical greats like Goodie Mob, and Face. Let's face it even outkast wasn't as well received by the south. Which, is evident today. If, the south revered their lyricists they way NY and Cali do\did it would sound absolutely different.

Stop using the commercialized awards shows as an example of what Hip Hoppers from any region are\were about.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Dipset didn’t put southern rappers on in NY. Dip set changed the culture of NY to adopt southern music style.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Juelz had a huge buzz especially when "What The Game's Been Missing" dropped. Wayne wasn't Wayne just yet... he wasnt nearly as poppin in 2005. A year or two later everything suddenly changed for Wayne and he leaped Santana... rest is history.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He correct... only hip hop heads in NY was listening to diverse southern hip hop. Cam came along and embraced Wayne heavy. Wayne started to walk talk and dress like them. You ? are so sensitive about y'all regions. Like I do not give a flying ? who influenced LA. We got our shot and ran wit it. So thanks ny.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

absolutely not even in the Block Is Hot days ? knew Wayne was the golden child.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dipset didn’t put southern rappers on in NY. Dip set changed the culture of NY to adopt southern music style.

Too late man these ? already see red

Aneed a war monger too he been waiting for this ?
  • Beta
    Options

absolutely not even in the Block Is Hot days ? knew Wayne was the golden child.

Sighs...when was Wayne hot outside of his region?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cam/Dipset used to ? with Wayne and Lil Flip heavy
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Cam and dip set killed traditional NY hip hop and opened the door for southern influence in the North East.

I'd say Puffy moreso did that with the Shiny Suit era. He commercialized NY hip hop to the point that the super pop friendly southern ? could slide in.

This.. Once it was cool to be a mediocre MC that glorified Popping bottles, and ? the south blew. The south ignored their own lyrical greats like Goodie Mob, and Face. Let's face it even outkast wasn't as well received by the south. Which, is evident today. If, the south revered their lyricists they way NY and Cali do\did it would sound absolutely different.

Stop using the commercialized awards shows as an example of what Hip Hoppers from any region are\were about.

How did the south ignore it's great when we always big up the Andre 3000's, Bun B's, Scarface's, and Cee lo's of the world. If anything east coast cats downplayed them, until your own favorite rappers, (Jay z, Beans, Eminem, Nas, etc) co-signed them and made yall realize that they ? wit them.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

How did the south ignore it's great when we always big up the Andre 3000's, Bun B's, Scarface's, and Cee lo's of the world. If anything east coast cats downplayed them, until your own favorite rappers, (Jay z, Beans, Eminem, Nas, etc) co-signed them and made yall realize that they ? wit them.

you can close the thread on this one after this
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Carter 1 and 2 is why the East coast ? with wayne and I hear no dipset influence

Wayne was spitting that fire on squad type before he linked up with Dipset

You're bugging.. Heatmakers which were Dipsets go to Producers have several placements on Carter 2..
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    The more I think about this the more silly it sounds..... So the whole East coast became more open to the whole South rap scene becuz Dipset started messing with Wayne??? ? how did y'all feel about Wayne B4 the Dipset cosign and what song made Wayne more a staple and door opener in NY "Suck it or Not" or "Make it rain" becuz when ppl interview Joe they say the same thing to him that becuz he started messing with Wayne he opened the door for South music to be coo in NY.... Somebody lying
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I answered that for you already. Look at the current crop MC's from the south. None of which are cut from the lyrical\creative cloth of a 3000 or Cee Lo. Closest is T.I. When has an artist from the south given us anything as moving, lyrically eloquent and progressive as, Soul Food or ATLiens. The answer is, that style of Hip Hop isn't valued by southern listeners.

And your argument that east coast started messing with Goodie and Kast when _______ started messing with them is a fallacy. You are speaking from a Rap, Hip Hop bystander perspective. Hip Hoppers, and Crate diggers regardless of their geo location mess with top level MC's and Music makers.

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH

I'm bout to really beat yo ass bruh
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH

I answered that for you already. Look at the current crop MC's from the south. None of which are cut from the lyrical\creative cloth of a 3000 or Cee Lo. Closest is T.I. When has an artist from the south given us anything as moving, lyrically eloquent and progressive as, Soul Food or ATLiens. The answer is, that style of Hip Hop isn't valued by southern listeners.

And your argument that east coast started messing with Goodie and Kast when _______ started messing with them is a fallacy. You are speaking from a Rap, Hip Hop bystander perspective. Hip Hoppers, and Crate diggers regardless of their geo location mess with top level MC's and Music makers.

If you already messed wit those artist then kudos to u, but the average east coast cat didn't ? wit southern artist, and how am I speaking from a bystander prospective when I'm a southern cat speaking my opinion from the experiences I've had with dudes I've met from up north, out east??? And if u think that Southern artist and great and thought provoking lyrical content isn't appreciated out here, then u are severely misinformed. U clearly know nothing about Big Krit, Banner ,Z-ro, and artists of that ilk. Just because that's what the majority of the youngsters listen to and the mainstream pushes, doesn't mean we don't revere our lyricists down south.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    So the south just didn't have dope music that made em hot across the country, naaa camron told NY that the south was cool and made em embrace em. Gotcha.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    So the south just didn't have dope music that made em hot across the country, naaa camron told NY that the south was cool and made em embrace em. Gotcha.

No one said the south wasn't making good music.. Any one with a brain knows that the south was making good music.. Only certain people in NY was ? with the south music. It became more mainstream in NY when the Dips starting moving and collaborating with Southern Artists.. The Bonecrushers, The Lil Flips, The TI's of the world. Dipset isn't even the only New York group to do this though.. Drag-On had a big record with Juvenile.. Hov hopped on the Ha remix.. It was a slow process but once the Dips jumped on.. The floodgates were opened so to speak..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

If you already messed wit those artist then kudos to u, but the average east coast cat didn't ? wit southern artist, and how am I speaking from a bystander prospective when I'm a southern cat speaking my opinion from the experiences I've had with dudes I've met from up north, out east??? And if u think that Southern artist and great and thought provoking lyrical content isn't appreciated out here, then u are severely misinformed. U clearly know nothing about Big Krit, Banner ,Z-ro, and artists of that ilk. Just because that's what the majority of the youngsters listen to and the mainstream pushes, doesn't mean we don't revere our lyricists down south.

You're some what correct in saying the average east coast cats didn't ? with southern artists. However, average listener or not. We ? with great\good southern artists, same with the West coast and anywhere else. If, you could rhyme and made dope Hip Hop you got your props. What other regions wanted east coasters to do was, accept garbage to mediocre artists and most weren't having that. I remember too short getting run out of Philly. His music and longevity might be accepted now. But the truth is the ? can't rhyme. The reason face, Kast and others like them popped is because, they could rhyme.

Every artists had to prove themselves. Every east coast artist didn't come out and accepted just because, De La Soul, and Tribe had to endure similar trials as artists from outside of the tri-state. The southern MC's cut from the Face, Kast cloth are dope because, they challenged themselves and knew they had to come correct. Many southern apologist hold a grudge because, others didn't lower bar for them.

For some clarity. My perspective is based my living in the south for the past 20+ years having moving from the tri-state in the mid to late 90's after having made several trips before moving.
  • Beta
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »

No one said the south wasn't making good music.. Any one with a brain knows that the south was making good music.. Only certain people in NY was ? with the south music. It became more mainstream in NY when the Dips starting moving and collaborating with Southern Artists.. The Bonecrushers, The Lil Flips, The TI's of the world. Dipset isn't even the only New York group to do this though.. Drag-On had a big record with Juvenile.. Hov hopped on the Ha remix.. It was a slow process but once the Dips jumped on.. The floodgates were opened so to speak..

These ? insecure and emotional and post w/o thinking