Why Doesn't The American Government Have Major Bases In Africa?

Options
Rozetta5tone
Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a simple question. We are the most powerful country in the world albeit we're looking hella trash globally right now.

We have major military bases everywhere except Africa. We have a stake in the natural resources all over the globe except Africa. Why?

The answer to that question may also be the cause of all of the problems black Americans face.

Are we really diagnosing our ailments as black Americans correctly?

Our issues extend far beyond police brutality, white entitlement and preservation of the confederate culture.

America has their hands in every ? . Why does the Government work so hard to conceal its involvement in African affairs?

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    It didn't go too well last time playa
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options

Wym
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    i thought they had operations in west africa ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wym
    Ask the British and Belgians.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Wym
    Ask the British and Belgians.

It's late, post them links and kick those facts.

Hotel Rwanda in my Top 5.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I'm not ignorant to the facts. I know the "conflicts" that have transpired. Let's keep it funky right now. We know America can take Africa right now without a problem.

Those small engagements y'all talking about are nothing compared to what this country can really do to mfs. Afghanistan is like the bottom ? . We been tricking her out from day one. We can easily take that entire region.

My question isn't for the obvious pop reasons.

? deeper than slavery
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty sure our government has some kind of presence. Got an inlaw that was station out there last year with my cousin.

They on some other ? when it comes to security clearance, use your imagination if you wondering where in Africa.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Pretty sure our government has some kind of presence. Got an inlaw that was station out there last year with my cousin.

They on some other ? when it comes to security clearance, use your imagination if you wondering where in Africa.

Egypt
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are we really diagnosing our ailments as black Americans correctly?

What is the correlation between America having a military base in Africa and the plight of Black Americans ...?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't need one when our strongest allies still own and have significant influence there.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of our bases are in places that gave us strategic positioning against our enemies or countries that were once our enemies. We don't have any major enemies in Africa and few of the countries that were somewhat friendly their have any strategic significance. A base somewhere like Egypt might be good, but we have bases in better positions to deal with Middle East threats and I doubt our relationship with Egypt is good enough for us to have a base there.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have bases in Djibouti and shared bases with the French in West Africa.

The question that should be asked is why do we still have bases overseas helping with their economies. The bases should be shared all over the world. We literally have 5 bases in Kuwait. You can drive that whole damn country in 4 hours easy. We still have bases all over Europe literally holding up whole regions economically.

If we left Afghanistan right now. They ? will collapse back into civil war. America spends Billions trying to hold up countries trying to stabilize a puppet government or for corporate gain.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can America "take" Africa easily when it couldnt even properly take Iraq?

The days of taking over a country and putting in a puppet dictator is over.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think black Americans make up about 13% of those enrolled on armed forces. Having a large number of them stationed in Africa would be counterproductive to the media fuled negative perception of the continent.

Many of us have a negative view of Africa and African peoole in general, and it's by design. If a large number of "us" were stationed over there, it could lead to a positive shift in that mindset. Bridging the gap that was never ment to crossed. And that's the surface level....

WHIDAH_-_Kingdom_of_Jews_2_.jpg

Made a post about this in the past. The disconnect between us and them is on purpose....

You are right.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PureYang wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? You've never heard of AFRICOM?

They have bases in the majority of African nations. You're way behind

I didn't know this smh
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

https://www.africom.mil/about-the-command
    AFRICOM is in Germany. Go figure.
    CENTCOM and Southcom is in Florida.
    Eucom is in Germany too while PACOM is in Hawaii.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't know this smh

They did over 500 missions around the continent last year, and yet no one knows wtf They re doing
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I think black Americans make up about 13% of those enrolled on armed forces. Having a large number of them stationed in Africa would be counterproductive to the media fuled negative perception of the continent.

Many of us have a negative view of Africa and African peoole in general, and it's by design. If a large number of "us" were stationed over there, it could lead to a positive shift in that mindset. Bridging the gap that was never ment to crossed. And that's the surface level....

WHIDAH_-_Kingdom_of_Jews_2_.jpg

Made a post about this in the past. The disconnect between us and them is on purpose....

Glad to see you get the point of the thread and not come in here and try to sound like some condescending smart ass. Props
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know they got UN bases in places, but not aware of any solo american bases. I hear china and Russia have been setting up in places in Africa and extracting resources.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't need to when we have spots in the Middle East and Asia.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O/P needs more context