The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Flash? No Wonder Woman? No attempt to fix that ? -awful Green Latern movie? No Martian Manhunter?

? a JLA movie till these things get resolved first.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, the current Justice League new 52 set up is pretty much the perfect place to start a movie, simply because it would build upon the cautious mistrust that the government and the public have for gods on earth like Superman that MoS created.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman in the same movie. Zod's world engine that ripped through the Earth's core can somehow ? with Atlantis and a villian (Sinestro or Lex?) will make Aquaman think the Amazons had something to do with it, causing a war between Atlanteans and Amazons.

Flashpoint-esque story. 2 birds with one stone and giving characters a reason to meet each other.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ the superman batman crossover cartoon would be dope on the big screen..im about to youtube it
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ the superman batman crossover cartoon would be dope on the big screen..im about to youtube it

Coincidentally pieces of that movie was in dark knight i have it on dvd. The scene where joker crashes in at the restaurant while bruce and lois is dining is similar to DK joker scene where he crashes in on harvey dent campaign party. Theres a scene where batman fights these mobsters at a nightclub before being sonned by superman for harshley inquisitioning a head mob figure, in DK bat fights a group of mobsters at a night club and inquisitions a head mob figure.

That batman/sup movie is good not spoken too much on here
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman in the same movie. Zod's world engine that ripped through the Earth's core can somehow ? with Atlantis and a villian (Sinestro or Lex?) will make Aquaman think the Amazons had something to do with it, causing a war between Atlanteans and Amazons.

Flashpoint-esque story. 2 birds with one stone and giving characters a reason to meet each other.

? . This.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i posted this idea a while ago but i think to blend them all in have 1 of them see the news in a newspaper then investigating it, have a pic of the superhero come to life and continue from where the article left off etc then they met up cuz of the tip from the article etc
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will trade you my marvel Phase 2 thread for your DC Phase one Thread.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless The Batman reboot is going to focus on the "World's Greatest Detective," aspect of the character, I'm not trying to see another Batman movie so soon.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless The Batman reboot is going to focus on the "World's Greatest Detective," aspect of the character, I'm not trying to see another Batman movie so soon.

We won't see a batman movie for quite a while
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i say stick with formula that made the justice league series a sucess
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

We won't see a batman movie for quite a while

I wouldn't say that. I easily see it coming within the next 5 years for sure. It's too much of a money maker for the studio.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I would like WB to hire Brad Bird to write and direct a Superman movie one day. He's the only person in hollywood knowledgeable and passionate enough about the character to potentially finally get it really right.
  • Dupac
    Options
    i never understood why the comic book writers get involved in the animated series, and straight to dvd movies...but never get involved in the big hollywood movies...

it's like they only focus on the animated ? and can give a ? less about the live action ?
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Because WB doesn't hire them for the movies. To be fair though the only comic book writer involved with the animated shows was McDuffie. Everybody else primarily Bruce Timm who oversaw the animated movies as well as the TV shows came from animation first. What they should do is hire Bruce Timm or even Paul Dini for the live action movie universe because they clearly know how to make the DC icons work in other media (Animation, video games).
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Geoff Johns definitely needs to be present for Justice League, Aquaman (if he happens) and Green Lantern. Easily the best writer that can make the solo characters shine and the team do well.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huh? they must of filmed part of it with the first one because its scheduled for next year. damn and I was hoping mos flopped so they wouldn't be a mos sequel because now im gonna be suckered into seeing it again.
  • Dupac
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Christopher yost wrote for xmen evoltuion, tmnt, woverine and the xmen, avengers and hella other ? ...

and he wrote the comics for a lotta xmen ? too,,

he's writing the next thor movie..so maybe that'll be the ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    link?

that's too soon if it's true. if it's ready they should hold off til 2015 and put it against avengers 2
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah no ? way.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Lois Lane found out Batman's identify that ? had me rolling.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mXCub1Z3h08

• Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    Options
    Not Surprised..It did really good this weekend
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah i tried seeing it twice now and its been sold out both times. Im just gonna wait till the weekend to do it. Prolly gonna go see This Is The End first.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Geoff Johns definitely needs to be present for Justice League, Aquaman (if he happens) and Green Lantern. Easily the best writer that can make the solo characters shine and the team do well.

Not sure about that. The dude was a consultant on Green Lantern while it was shooting. Advising on rewrites and all and we saw how that turned out. Only thing it got remotely right was really Sinestro and some of Hal Jordan. I don't think Johns has a good enough grip as to how to help a film really pop because of his inexperience in that field. Comic book expertise does nothing when it comes to that cause they're different animals.

I still think guys like Dini and Timm would be the best guys to go with. BTAS, STAS, JL, JLU, Young Justice and the Arkham video games prove that they not only understand the DC heroes at their core unlike a shitload of other people in Hollywood but they also know that what works in comic books doesn't always necessarily work in other media and vice versa.
    Du_Du wrote: »
    Christopher yost wrote for xmen evoltuion, tmnt, woverine and the xmen, avengers and hella other ? ...

and he wrote the comics for a lotta xmen ? too,,

he's writing the next thor movie..so maybe that'll be the ?

I thought we were talking about DC here.