Options
    Tmobile
    75 percent discount
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    :bawling: @ MetroPCS' poll option

MetroPCS is Tmobile. $60 for 32gb unlimited and 10gb Hotspot. Best deal out.

I know. That's the deal I been rocking with. They be killin me talkin bout unlimited with there actually being a limit.

Is it after 32gb they start to throttle the usage/bandwith?

I ask b/c T-Mobile (which I have, but mine is truly unlimited) used to do/still have plans like that.

I almost canceled Tmobile the other day after I made this thread cause I called about a replacement through my insurance, mfs told me my deductible would be $175....How sway? Thats half the price of a new one now and Phone came out 2 years ago. I was like "nah bruh how do I go about canceling my svc with yall for 12 years". He panicked and put me on hold lol tried to offer me 0 down on this phone and that phone I had no interest in lol. Charging port was just about down n out and I severely needed a phone this weekend so I went to the cell phone repair shop and got it fixed. They put me on a new cheaper plan when I went to see them yesterday so Ill hang around a little longer and just buy the phone I want unlocked.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I know. That's the deal I been rocking with. They be killin me talkin bout unlimited with there actually being a limit.

I ask b/c T-Mobile (which I have, but mine is truly unlimited) used to do/still have plans like that.

It's a 22gb throttle. Trust they (metropcs) used to send me the text every damn month for an entire year. I just jumped ship to Sprint cuz it seemed like they throttled my ? permanently. Couldn't even watch a damn YouTube video without buffering every couple minutes even at the beginning of the payperiod.

With Sprint as of now it doesn't seem like they throttle. I've used around 40 gigs and I'm still getting top of the line speed in my ? .

I'm also the only person who gets reception at all in my office so that's a major plus.

I'm satisfied with Sprint as of now.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AT&T
    PureYang wrote: »

It's a 22gb throttle. Trust they (metropcs) used to send me the text every damn month for an entire year. I just jumped ship to Sprint cuz it seemed like they throttled my ? permanently. Couldn't even watch a damn YouTube video without buffering every couple minutes even at the beginning of the payperiod.

With Sprint as of now it doesn't seem like they throttle. I've used around 40 gigs and I'm still getting top of the line speed in my ? .

I'm also the only person who gets reception at all in my office so that's a major plus.

I'm satisfied with Sprint as of now.

I use around 60gb or more a month (a month) with sprint and the speeds never slow down. I just paid off my phone so my bill is less than $100 per month now. Almost done paying off my iPad
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

28GB actually. I zstill surf with no ? given
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tmobile
    Stew wrote: »

I almost canceled Tmobile the other day after I made this thread cause I called about a replacement through my insurance, mfs told me my deductible would be $175....How sway? Thats half the price of a new one now and Phone came out 2 years ago. I was like "nah bruh how do I go about canceling my svc with yall for 12 years". He panicked and put me on hold lol tried to offer me 0 down on this phone and that phone I had no interest in lol. Charging port was just about down n out and I severely needed a phone this weekend so I went to the cell phone repair shop and got it fixed. They put me on a new cheaper plan when I went to see them yesterday so Ill hang around a little longer and just buy the phone I want unlocked.

T-Mobiles customer service used to be impeccable, but now it has dropped off a lil' (not bad @ all, but could be better).

Stew u shouldn't be tied into a contract with them b/c I'm pretty sure they were the 1st ones (of the major carriers) to do away w/ contracts about 4 years ago. I bought my Note 3 (which I'm still rockin' w/) in 2013 and had to pay 800 for it b/c I'm not in a service contract.

Btw, what kind of phone do you have?
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Verizon
    It really depends if you travel alot or not. I use to have verizon about 2 yrs ago. Service was great. I got service in my work building and when I was in remote areas of different states. Only reason y I switched was because I was being cheap. I am now with tmobile. I am a low maintenance type a guy. I don't change phones unless it breaks. I still have the s5. With tmobile, service at my cube is sketchy. I have to sit by the window to get service. And I work in the heart of dc, lol. Remote areas I use to get with verizon, I don't get with tmobile. I already paid off my phone so my bill now is about $80 with the 3gb data plan. Unused data carries over so I have a stash on top of the extra gbs they gave. I hardly ever go over because if I am at work , I use my computer for Internet activities. I use my phone for any unsafe websites like the ic, lol. I have a GPS in my car so I use that most of the time. I don't have music apps because I have sirius in my ride and also an ipod. But I will be switching back to verizon soon. Honestly,, if you change phones every time a new version comes out, there is no point buying a phone out right. Unless you buy the low end smart phones.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

T-Mobiles customer service used to be impeccable, but now it has dropped off a lil' (not bad @ all, but could be better).

Stew u shouldn't be tied into a contract with them b/c I'm pretty sure they were the 1st ones (of the major carriers) to do away w/ contracts about 4 years ago. I bought my Note 3 (which I'm still rockin' w/) in 2013 and had to pay 800 for it b/c I'm not in a service contract.

Btw, what kind of phone do you have?

Oh nah, I'm not on a contract(hvnt been for years now if I'm not mistaken), I just felt like giving dude a hard time cause of them trying to low ball me with my deductible and hope he'd give in and lower it lol

I have a BlackBerry PRIV, which is even more strange that my deductible is so high cause they don't even keep them in stock anymore and I'm sure the replacement would've been refurbished.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Verizon
    Verizon got the best service in the US but you will get ? on the pricing

Unlimited made it cheaper
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Verizon
    T mobile service garbage

Ehh sprint is clearly behind att Verizon and T-Mobile
  • StoneColdMikey
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Verizon
    When the new iPhones are released in a few weeks. I'm ditching sprint. Its ? pathetic that I live in a city like Chicago and most of the time my speeds are slow as ? .

Now that Verizon and Att has unlimited data. I'm heading to one of them.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T mobile service garbage

Ehh sprint is clearly behind att Verizon and T-Mobile

True but the gap has closed considerably
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sprint
    In case you didn't know....

Sprint > Boost >?

T-mobile > Metro > Simple

Att > Cricket > and many others depending on where you are including net10.

Tracphone(straight talk) is walmart, and I don't recommend them at all if you plan on unlocking your phone.

Your cell service and the quality largely depends on your area, so in my area tmobile is trash we hate it here.

Verizon is by and large the most reliable, largest network, but high costs. Sprint is probably best all around as far as pricing and coverage.

Of the four main carriers(Sprint,Tmo, Att, Verizon)

Sprint and Verizon are CDMA and Tmo and ATT are GSM networks,

GSM network phones and subsidiaries are easier to get in and out of phones as most are just pop in your sim card and go.

Every single verizon phone is sold unlocked for any carrier, so if reselling is on your mind, go with verizon.

The reason some of you can text, and call is because of the band that's being used, Just about anybody with Tmo or ATT can do so, but you're less likely to be able to do it with a CDMA and if you can, it's more than likely because you're in wifi coverage.

I will say this, verizon phones work anywhere bruh, and I mean anywhere.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tmobile
    I have T-Mobile right now. We're on an unlimited plan and for me and my wife it's $200 month. That's high as ? . We are still making monthly payments on our phones though. I think we owe like $500 combined still to pay our phones off. We are also paying for insurance through T-Mobile for both phones which come out to $24 month. Our monthly installments total $56 month. So we're talking $80 on installments and insurance.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    $40/mo for my plan on cricket
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sprint
    Sprint

Unlimited data