Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options
fortyacres
fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
edited December 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi.jpg

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fd1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net%2Fa2%2Fb2%2F3efb8da54cffaec41ef14c365cd3%2Fstar-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

Well, so much for the speculation, now it's time to make it official. With a table read of J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars: Episode 7" happening this week, the cast has been officially revealed. Check it out below. More to come....

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't get excited for this. I loved the Original Trilogy and was lukewarm on the Prequel Trilogy. I really don't know what to make of this Sequel Trilogy.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't get excited for this. I loved the Original Trilogy and was lukewarm on the Prequel Trilogy. I really don't know what to make of this Sequel Trilogy.

I'll see it. Just because it's finally a reality after all these decades but I have 0 expectations for it because I have yet to see anything by JJ Abrams that I've liked. With that said Max Von Sydow has the perfect sith lord voice so I hope he's a baddie.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyega and Ridley I'm not familiar with but I'm confident in all the picks based off the selections I do know. Them picking out a cast of some lesser known, young actors and good character actors is promising.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a fan of the Star Wars films so this news means ? all to me, but then I was never a fan of Star Trek and JJ Abrams won me over with his take on it.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Not a fan of the Star Wars films so this news means ? all to me, but then I was never a fan of Star Trek and JJ Abrams won me over with his take on it.

Then you'll probably like it cause the first Abrams Trek movie is a lot more like Star Wars than it is anything like Star Trek. Which is why I didn't like it. But being that he's such a SW geek I think he's more appropriate for this franchise despite me not being a fan of the guy. Those lens flares are gonna be brutal though.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is that big eared Girls ? Adam Driver gonna play Yoda's half human bastard son trollololol
  • Broddie
    Options
    is that big eared Girls ? Adam Driver gonna play Yoda's half human bastard son trollololol

Nah the role he'll be playing is contained in the spoiler
    MAD-Magazine-419-Cover-Attack-of-the-Clones.jpg

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I'll see it. Just because it's finally a reality after all these decades but I have 0 expectations for it because I have yet to see anything by JJ Abrams that I've liked. With that said Max Von Sydow has the perfect sith lord voice so I hope he's a baddie.

the first new star trek was aight, nothing special
    disney puts alotta trust in that dude im sure he can make a hit and generate money but dude will never drop a classic
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow he got the original 3 to come back.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oscar Isaac FTW
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is JJ Abrams directing this smh
  • Broddie
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    why is JJ Abrams directing this smh

The best people they could've gotten turned it down or were too busy. Imagine an Alfonso Cuaron Star Wars movie? damn.

CracceR wrote: »

the first new star trek was aight, nothing special
    disney puts alotta trust in that dude im sure he can make a hit and generate money but dude will never drop a classic

I saw it I just didn't like it. I don't think he's capable of making a classic either. He swagger jacks way too many people and can't seem to find a style of his own. Now he's gonna swagger jack 70's George Lucas. Being say Spielberg lite (Super 8) does nothing but make you look like a wannabe.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or a Guillermo Del Toro Star Wars movie. You know one of Han Solo's grand children was gonna die if that happened.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They better not make this ? a damn musical.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wizzle. wrote: »
    They better not make this ? a damn musical.
    what? where did that come from?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just saying is all.

they better not.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'm kinda having problems reading this sentence here." is that big eared girls ? ..." whats going on here?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    andy serkis? max vons sidow? that's two bond villains in the star wars franchise. I forgot the name of the actor who played dooku? and mark hamil is back along with most of the original cast. they're all old now so of coarse this is going to revolve around the solo twins and probably luke at grand master status teaching the new jedi academy. they might have his son ben skywalker in it as well.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    i saw a headline with some little known black actress chick being considered for a role i don't see her in that room. i hope she got a part.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i saw a headline with some little known black actress chick being considered for a role i don't see her in that room. i hope she got a part.

They're not done casting yet so who knows
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When did Andy Serkis play a Bond villain?

Dooku = Christopher Lee a.k.a. The Man With the Golden Gun.

Oh and forget about any of that expanded universe stuff. It's been explicitly stated that all that ? will be ignored in the new movies.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Andy Serkis play a Bond villain?

Dooku = Christopher Lee a.k.a. The Man With the Golden Gun.

Oh and forget about any of that expanded universe stuff. It's been explicitly stated that all that ? will be ignored in the new movies.

I think he was referring to Max Von Sydow and Christopher Lee being bond villains...

Meh...

Loved the OT don't care for the PT...

Abrams is overrated and with Disney's hand's in the mix, it will be more of kids film than any of the PT movies...

I will watch them but will not be waiting in line...
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really excited as I thought I'd be. Especially with them abandoning the EU and doing their own thing.
    Everybody from the originals are old af. That's a horrible marketing scheme to try and get more views

Luke went on to become that ? no way Hamill old ass can pull that off

Was I the only one that watched the Clone Wars? ? was goat
    ? Disney for ending it
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Not really excited as I thought I'd be. Especially with them abandoning the EU and doing their own thing.
    Everybody from the originals are old af. That's a horrible marketing scheme to try and get more views

Luke went on to become that ? no way Hamill old ass can pull that off

Was I the only one that watched the Clone Wars? ? was goat
    ? Disney for ending it

they are working on another cgi series that takes place between episodes 3 and 4 check it out on superhero hype if you don't believe me.