Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Can't believe ? trying to tie a 1 hit wonder in a group with the likes of Outkast, Run DMC, Salt N Pepa, & UGK.

Mop will sell out a show overseas faster than anyone of those u mentioned except for kast.

Which means Mop is bigger and more internationally known.

Not one hit wonders

There's no place on Earth that MOP could sell out a show faster than Run DMC

Trust me

They can and have

90's and 00's kids ain't playing no damn "its tricky"

Adults are willing to pay $300+ for tickets to bring the whole family to a stadium show. MOP ain't selling out no stadiums.

Mods can lock this.

A stadium show to see a washed up flabby pastor and an alcoholic for $300?

Whatever makes yall sleep at night
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Can't believe ? trying to tie a 1 hit wonder in a group with the likes of Outkast, Run DMC, Salt N Pepa, & UGK.

Mop will sell out a show overseas faster than anyone of those u mentioned except for kast.

Not one hit wonders

There's no place on Earth that MOP could sell out a show faster than Run DMC

Trust me

They can and have

90's and 00's kids ain't playing no damn "its tricky"

Adults are willing to pay $300+ for tickets to bring the whole family to a stadium show. MOP ain't selling out no stadiums.

Mods can lock this.

A stadium show to see a washed up flabby pastor and an alcoholic for $300?

Whatever makes yall sleep at night
    Best tour of the year

The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion presented by Huntsman - Woodlands, TX - Sat, Jun 11, 2016

Posted 06/16/2016by Lexxavier This Fan's Reviews

When I bought tickets for the Boom Bash 2 Festival, I knew it was going to be a good show, but I didn't realize just how good. I heard Naughty By Nature put on a clinic of a show on SiriusXm Backspin one afternoon, broadcast live from Washington, D.C., so I knew they were going to be good. I've also seen MC Lyte popping up in a lot of places lately, and she always brings her A-game, so I knew she would ? as well. And I've seen Rakim a few times, and he's always dependable. But everything else was up in the air.

Would Daryl Mac's voice be as strong as it used to? I'd seen a lot of interviews in the last several years where he could barely talk, so that was a question mark. Could Bone get it together and put on a show where they were all in sync? Over the years, various members have had various problems, especially Bizzy, so this was a concern. And I'd never seen DJ Quik before, so I had no idea how he'd be.

I shouldn't have worried. The whole show was solid, top to bottom. We got there about an hour after it was supposed to start, so we missed Monie Love, if she was there. And we only caught the last part of the last song from MC Lyte, but she sounded good. After that, it was DJ Quik. I knew a few of his songs, but I wasn't a big fan. He was solid. After that, came Naughty By Nature. Like I said, I had heard them on Ed Lover's Backspin station, so I knew they could rock a party, and they delivered. Treach paused a few times to get deep, and that was cool, too. But for the most of their time, they were bringing a non-stop block party. They played all of their hits, plus a medley / tribute to Biggie and Pac that brought the house down. Now, the place was getting turned up.

Next was Bone. All I can say is, "Wow." They were so together, it made you wonder how many hours a day they had to practice. Harmonizing and mirroring on lyrics so fast, most people can't even understand what they're saying without lyrics or a screw tape. And they never missed a word or a beat. Not only that, they also had a middle section of the show where they paid tribute to the late-greats - Eazy, Pac, and Biggie - by playing a few verses from each ("Boyz In the Hood," "California Love," and "Juicy"), and then they segued from "Juicy" into "Notorious Thugs," and the place went wild. While every artist at this show was great, I think Bone may have been the highlight.

Then came the moment everyone was waiting for: Run D.M.C. What can I say? They're legends for a reason. I saw so many classic Run D.M.C. shirts at the show all day, I knew they were going to get love from the crowd. But when they came on stage and launched into "It's Like That," the place exploded. They were on fire. For the next 15-20 minutes, it was a non-stop barrage of old-school hits. After that, it slowed down a bit. You could tell Rev Run was getting a little tired - he is over 50, and their songs require a lot of energy - but they kept giving the crowd the hits, in between signing memorabilia for the audience and talking with the crowd.

My only complaint is that the talking went on a little bit too long in places. They had two DJ's (one was Jam Master Jay's son), so why didn't they lean more on their DJ's? Have them spin an old school mix or two in between songs (with snippets of other classic artists's songs like "The Message," "La-Di-Da-Di," "The Breaks," etc.). Run DMC did have one DJ set from Jay's son, where he played a tribute to Houston Hip-Hop. I just think they could have done some more of that, and people might have liked it more than listening to Rev Run talk for sometimes up to five minutes at a time. No disrespect to Rev Run, but it just would have been more entertaining. Anyway, the show was still amazing.

After that was Rakim. Rakim is not the kind of artist who interacts with the crowd much, so a lot of people left during his set. The people who were left, though, were digging on his show, grooving, nodding, and rapping along to nearly everything he played. He is a legend, and just like with any Rakim show, it was obvious why - he's got better mic skills than 90% of MC's out there, past or present. And if that's what you came to see - a great MC killing rhyme after rhyme - Rakim will give you your money's worth and leave you paid in full.

Anyway, from beginning to end, this was one of the best tours I've seen in the last few years - definitely the best of the year, so far. I got my tickets for $25, which is crazy when I think about it, because I would have paid anywhere from $15-30 for any one of these artists individually. Talk about a deal. And H-Town's own Bushwick Bill even showed up to drop a verse or two. Seriously, if you get the chance to go to another Boom Bash, don't sleep. This was a party that rocked everybody out of their seats. Oh, and one more thing: Ed Lover was hilarious, as usual. Can't wait for next year.

Favorite moment: Bone Thugs performing a tribute to Eazy, Pac, and Biggie. Crazy good.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/RunDMC-tickets/artist/771663
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    She's obviously your age bruh. And so was half of the crowd.

She said rev run got tired real quick

Mop got albums upon albums of raw hype music. And they perform for 2 hours straight
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Mop got albums upon albums of raw hype music. And they perform for 2 hours straight

Link?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Link?

Lmao I been to 2 shows myself
    One in America and one in Europe.

Both hype
  • 5 Grand
    edited November 2017
    Options

Link?

Lmao I been to 2 shows myself
    One in America and one in Europe.

Both hype

So lets get this straight.

You're saying you've seen MOP perform twice and both times they performed for 2 hours straight?

office-space.jpg

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    They performed longer in Europe. Maybe 30 mins longer.

Thats about it

Saw nas in 05 and he played for almost 3 hours.

Mop are notorious for putting on a show for the fans
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    M.o.p. is a 1 hit wonder

Not that that a bad thing

Alot of artists never even get a single hit

But they are a 1hit wonder just like Joey Buddens
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Not one hit wonders

We get u enjoy their shows but these lies need to stop
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? I'm seeing in this thread.

dhd3lh6qrb41.gif
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Jay & Kanye

Lol bruh come on

Why?

They made an album... They are a duo

I will take a new Jay & Ye album way before MOP

They put out one weed plate MOP got classics, legendary duo

Maybe in New York

Bruh, they using "Ante Up" in movies, tv shows, and commercials. Home and Garden TV used it for a commercial spot for their show "Flip or Flop" and one of the remixes was used for a commercial spot just recently.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mop is not a one hit wonder the same way styles is not a one hit wonder as a solo artist. They have a solid catalog. Selling out shows does not a top 5 group make.

They’re not better than OutKast
    They’re not better than Mobb Deep
    They’re not better than Ball and G
    They’re not better than UGK
    They’re not better than the Clipse.

I haven’t heard enough of any other group to make the distinction, but I’m sure some one else has. But the 5 above, I’m super solid with. Field Mob is nice too.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? not even top 15 dawg
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Jay & Kanye

Lol bruh come on

Why?

Maybe in New York

Bruh, they using "Ante Up" in movies, tv shows, and commercials. Home and Garden TV used it for a commercial spot for their show "Flip or Flop" and one of the remixes was used for a commercial spot just recently.

Whats that have to do with the claim they have "multiple classics"?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Yall cant be serious I'm out
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Mop is not a one hit wonder the same way styles is not a one hit wonder as a solo artist.

Are u confusing MOP w/ LOX?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real duos guys ? outta here with this ye and Jay ?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Mop is not a one hit wonder the same way styles is not a one hit wonder as a solo artist. They have a solid catalog. Selling out shows does not a top 5 group make.

They’re not better than OutKast
    They’re not better than Mobb Deep
    They’re not better than Ball and G
    They’re not better than UGK
    They’re not better than the Clipse.

I haven’t heard enough of any other group to make the distinction, but I’m sure some one else has. But the 5 above, I’m super solid with. Field Mob is nice too.

I'm on the west. I heard "Good Times" and Styles first album was a first day cop. Plus Styles already had clout. Can't compare the 2. Hell Field Mob first 2 albums are personal classics. Ante Up was on BET. I know the producer worked with John Cena. MOP signed to G-Unit & ain't do ? . Them ? are local jokers. Them ? are 1 hit wonders. Styles been on a few classics.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Teflon is underrated as ? too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn_JBejarA

That 2nd verse wooooo
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They made good hype music but never was anything too crazy haha. Ante up will forever have its moment cemented in history though. I feel like I could name a ton of other duos that would fill out a top 10 and mop wouldn't be on it. Wouldn't say they're wack though.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Daz and Kurrupt aint in ur top 5 commit that..
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Food alone cements them in my Top 5, i don’t even have to get into their other works
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay & Kanye

Lol bruh come on

Why?

Maybe in New York

Bruh, I've heard Krit ? used in movie commercials and whatnot, that don't mean he sell out shows and venues like K.Dot or Cole.

tenor.gif