Should all drugs be legalized?

Options

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Let's keep it real as easy as it is to get certain drugs the ? might as well be legal...

Im for maybe not legalizing everything but decriminalize it and make substance abuse a health issue. Legalizing it sounds shady the closer we get to weed legalization. Like seriously do you want the government involved/in charge of the manufacturing and sale of your coke? You trust the govt to give you quality illicit drugs? The way they are already starting to kick ppl outa their own "legal" marijuana grow farms and ? ...I'm cool on that.

I understand this and one part of me agrees with you
    But the other part thinks if they are going to legalize all drugs ....there need to be regulations.

Of course I do not want Abbott growing and selling me my *insert drug* but I also don't want Jim the dealer lacing it up with some chemical that he thinks makes me high and that makes me sick or worse and there is no laws to stop him because it's not regulated.

Now Texas needs to get with it. Legalizing weed is the future and these states who have done it are successful. All the other drugs I would be perfectly fine with them being illegal. No one dies from smoking weed

And before anyone posts some random one in a Million story ........ its by far a waaayyyy lower number than any other drug out here
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...the violence is a symptom of the drug underground

IDAHO
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Portugal’s Example: What Happened After It Decriminalized All Drugs, From Weed to Heroin

https://news.vice.com/article/ungass-portugal-what-happened-after-decriminalization-drugs-weed-to-heroin

They not gonna hear you though.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree but then again I'm biased
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legalizing drugs here in the states is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

We're talking about a country that over indulges on damn near everything, and we don't think it'll happen if drugs are made legal? Shiiiet. Zombies and dead folks everywhere, these soccer moms who pop pills will zooted out 24/7, etc. Can't compare us or have us do what other countries do.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Legalizing drugs here in the states is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

We're talking about a country that over indulges on damn near everything, and we don't think it'll happen if drugs are made legal? Shiiiet. Zombies and dead folks everywhere, these soccer moms who pop pills will zooted out 24/7, etc. Can't compare us or have us do what other countries do.

Totally agree. I don't think American culture would yield the same results.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On Thanksgiving I got to smoke with my cousin who I had not seen in over a decade. She said she had lived in Seattle where weed was legal. She said you can buy blunts already rolled. She said you can even buy a nickel bag ($5).

I think weed should be legal with one condition: you have to have a high school diploma or G.E.D. The worst thing you can do is drop out of high school and smoke weed. Dropping out of high school and smoking weed should absolutely be illegal.

As far as the harder stuff, like coke and heroin, Do it by education level. If you have a Bachelor's degree you should be able to buy it and if you have an advanced degree like a J.D., M.D., Ph.D or MBA you can sell it. This will encourage people to go to college and get an education.

Also, if you have military experience or a member of a union you should be able to buy it.

By juxtaposing drugs with education we'd encourage people to go to college and be a productive member of society. The problem with drugs now, in 2017 is that unproductive people do drugs. That's the problem. I'm not sure what came first the chicken or the egg, are people unproductive because they do drugs? Or do people do drugs, which makes them unproductive?

I worked at an investment banking firm in Manhattan a few years ago. All the stockbrokers did drugs but they were able to manage. On the other end of the spectrum, I currently live in Trenton and there are people who stand outside all day and do what appears to be nothing.

My point is that you should have to be a productive member of society to use drugs. You can't be a ? on the corner and buy drugs.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think weed should be legal, but I have witnessed first-hand that it isn't harmless. It probably is for 90% of people.

If you have had any phycological problems, you shouldn't even smoke weed.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, all drugs should be legalized. the only ones i would personally keep illegal are ? and possibly ? .
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    I think weed should be legal, but I have witnessed first-hand that it isn't harmless. It probably is for 90% of people.

If you have had any phycological problems, you shouldn't even smoke weed.

Thank you

That ain't for everybody
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the point of arresting murderers ...other people are always murdering?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got this ? out on the streets called grey death using the designer drug U-47700, heroin, fentanyl and opioids including carfentanil. It only takes small doses to ? you

170504094956-01-grey-death-opioid-drug-exlarge-169.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    They got this ? out on the streets called grey death using the designer drug U-47700, heroin, fentanyl and opioids including carfentanil. It only takes small doses to ? you

170504094956-01-grey-death-opioid-drug-exlarge-169.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

Why tf would anyone wanna snort that ? ?

Smh natural selection
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If America legalised all drugs, you could create a sick army.

Frontline full of ? users, missing legs and ? and still crawling towards the enemy.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fully legalize cannabis. It shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

Make tobacco illegal.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    On Thanksgiving I got to smoke with my cousin who I had not seen in over a decade. She said she had lived in Seattle where weed was legal. She said you can buy blunts already rolled. She said you can even buy a nickel bag ($5).

I think weed should be legal with one condition: you have to have a high school diploma or G.E.D. The worst thing you can do is drop out of high school and smoke weed. Dropping out of high school and smoking weed should absolutely be illegal.

As far as the harder stuff, like coke and heroin, Do it by education level. If you have a Bachelor's degree you should be able to buy it and if you have an advanced degree like a J.D., M.D., Ph.D or MBA you can sell it. This will encourage people to go to college and get an education.

Also, if you have military experience or a member of a union you should be able to buy it.

By juxtaposing drugs with education we'd encourage people to go to college and be a productive member of society. The problem with drugs now, in 2017 is that unproductive people do drugs. That's the problem. I'm not sure what came first the chicken or the egg, are people unproductive because they do drugs? Or do people do drugs, which makes them unproductive?

I worked at an investment banking firm in Manhattan a few years ago. All the stockbrokers did drugs but they were able to manage. On the other end of the spectrum, I currently live in Trenton and there are people who stand outside all day and do what appears to be nothing.

My point is that you should have to be a productive member of society to use drugs. You can't be a ? on the corner and buy drugs.

This is ? stupid. You mentioned this dumb ? before..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

fw9l72kad0u4.gif

Yeah, that's not happening.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Follow Portugal model on drugs
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been saying this for years. Weed, coke, molly, ecstasy, etc, etc, - pretty much everything but heroin - should be legalized, taxed and regulated.

That'd ? this fake drug war we've got going on.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The drug war is and has been a failure since its emergence. History has shown that prohibition does not work. Drug use/abuse should be treated as a health problem. Not a criminal one
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who do drugs will do drugs if they are legal or not, how many of us think to ourselves "I really wanna smoke some ? but it's illegal so ? that I'm just gonna eat a banana and go to the gym " they will do that ? regardless, we need to tackle the problem with the youth the stop the users. It is up to us the clean up our own communities.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    People who do drugs will do drugs if they are legal or not, how many of us think to ourselves "I really wanna smoke some ? but it's illegal so ? that I'm just gonna eat a banana and go to the gym " they will do that ? regardless, we need to tackle the problem with the youth the stop the users. It is up to us the clean up our own communities.

Most don't know where to get ? especially internationally.

I don't Manchester ever had a ? problem. But i bet you if it was easily obtainable, some 13 year old wouldve bought if and peered pressured each other into smoking ut.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol. Damn my ? @Preach2Teach went POLAR opposite. '? ? Naw I'm go work out.' I dig it.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most don't know where to get ? especially internationally.

I don't Manchester ever had a ? problem. But i bet you if it was easily obtainable, some 13 year old wouldve bought if and peered pressured each other into smoking ut.

Manchester can be a ? up place we have murders and drug problems too, I am from a small town not far from Manchester and it has a bad rep like other places do, all cities including London also have it's dark sides we are far from tea and crumpets, not trying to sound hard but many many places all over the world are being messed up because of drugs it is a growing disease we need to stomp out.