Comments

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who building them mining rigs for a decent price
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are couple of companies claiming some kind of affiliation to this new currency whose stocks are skyrocketing..I got burnt by one today..but by my own fault I sold too soon, the thing went from 22-damn near 146 bucks today before settling back down to 75. ? is crazy. they are all bogus if you ask me but if you can get in and out I figure there is a small fortune to be made.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @whatevathehell there is a lot of emotion and people in crypto that don't know what they're doing. Also a lot of big $ influencing the "pump and dump,"
    This is why you see when Bitcoin hits a new milestone, it quickly drops the next day.
    What I do is look at the charts and ride like that.
    There's also a thread on crypto currency in the Business sub forum.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea trading cryptos is just like anything else - If you don’t know what you’re doing, what difference does it make?

This ? making been making new highs every couple weeks since the beginning of this year and look how low it started out. But how many people you know that got rich off of it? And besides the fact that BTC have all these massive gains you be surprised how many people still lose money.

Don’t just go off hype. Study and learn to read charts. Try to form some kind of logical basis as to where it is going based on previous trends long and short term.
  • illcandidate
    illcandidate Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Currency or investment? The price of one bitcoin is over $18k, compare that to the price of an ounce of gold which is a little over $1200. If looking at this as a currency (which was the original purpose if I'm not mistaken) then you are exchanging fiat currency for cryptocurrency and the exchange rate is $1 to $18k. Is this sustainable? Another concern is liquidity as there has to be a mass acceptance of cryptocurrency or you are only able to sell to those in a limited capacity. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's much to speculative, the lack of regulation appeal seems to be going by the wayside, buying and holding at this point doesn't appear to be a wise choice, or is this a vehicle for day traders along the same lines as forex trading?
  • norfphilly
    norfphilly Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Options
    Currency or investment? The price of one bitcoin is over $18k, compare that to the price of an ounce of gold which is a little over $1200. If looking at this as a currency (which was the original purpose if I'm not mistaken) then you are exchanging fiat currency for cryptocurrency and the exchange rate is $1 to $18k. Is this sustainable? Another concern is liquidity as there has to be a mass acceptance of cryptocurrency or you are only able to sell to those in a limited capacity. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's much to speculative, the lack of regulation appeal seems to be going by the wayside, buying and holding at this point doesn't appear to be a wise choice, or is this a vehicle for day traders along the same lines as forex trading?

You can always buy partial coin not the whole thing. So anyone can put up, let’s say $100. That buck will grow as long as the coin (bitcoin in this case) does. Just buy and forget about it if you’re speculative of the market
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? fake but aint a bad idea lmao

Social media users are praising a “hero” who was supposedly arrested in New York City for selling altered Chuck E. Cheese tokens as bitcoins. A report claims that he raked in $1.1 million with the scam. Sadly, there is no hero, and this story is phonier than Monopoly money.

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    @whatevathehell there is a lot of emotion and people in crypto that don't know what they're doing. Also a lot of big $ influencing the "pump and dump,"
    This is why you see when Bitcoin hits a new milestone, it quickly drops the next day.
    What I do is look at the charts and ride like that.
    There's also a thread on crypto currency in the Business sub forum.

I l now this but there is lfin was the ticket symbol check out there chart there was no dip...those ? went straight up. Last week they were 5 bucks a share...they got as high as 140 and sitting at 60 now. You see ? like that..man..

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stellar (str/xlm)
  • Fosheezy
    edited December 2017
    Options

It takes a lot of effort to even mine just one Bitcoin though. They're not that easy to get. Plus there is a finite number of Bitcoin that exist. Unlike USD, there's not an infinite amount that can simply be printed on paper.
    People was saying Bitcoin was gonna pop at 100. Then at 1000. Then ? was certain it would pop once it hit 6k. ? gonna be rolling in they grave when Bitcoin hit 100k.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know what what Bitcoin is really. Don't really understand the concept of it or cryptocurrency, in general, really. And not really interested in learning about it at this point.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Don't know what what Bitcoin is really. Don't really understand the concept of it or cryptocurrency, in general, really. And not really interested in learning about it at this point.

i swear....one day ? you gonna care about something.
  • mryounggun
    Options

i swear....one day ? you gonna care about something.

Lol. Just saying, my ? . And I feel like I'm one the majority, not the minority, with this bitcoin ? . I could be wrong?
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bitcoin is just a brand on cryptocurrency.

We are literally in the infancy stages of this ? .

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The issue with cryptocurrency what makes it non sustainable is the fact that its supposed to be currency used like how we use dollars but the regular currency is usually stable and your $1 can buy the same candy bar tomorrow that you could buy today.

But with crypto currencies, lets take bitcoin for example, lets say 1 bitcoin = $1, so, I could essentially buy that candy bar for 1 bitcoin. But then in a week, bitcoin goes up 200%, and now 1 bitcoin = $2. So now that bitcoin I used to buy a candy bar with would have gotten me 2 candy bars. Now you takw this example and expand it and see that bitcoin went up 1800% in the last 12 months, other cryptocurrencies went up like 5000% etc.

So at this point, who in their right mind would actually use cryptocurrency to buy things? The 1 bitcoin I used to buy 1 candy bar 12 months ago would now get me 18 candy bars. So in that case, Im holding my bitcoins and aint using it to spend ? .

So basically, its lost its purpose, it went from being currency like a dollar bill and became a commodity like gold. Only difference is gold is physical and you can hold it. You cant with cryptocurrency
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Reading all the recent posts, I guess I'm the only ? who don't really understand this ? and am old fashion. Silly me, I just spend, like, real money and ? . *shrugs*
  • norfphilly
    norfphilly Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    The issue with cryptocurrency what makes it non sustainable is the fact that its supposed to be currency used like how we use dollars but the regular currency is usually stable and your $1 can buy the same candy bar tomorrow that you could buy today.

But with crypto currencies, lets take bitcoin for example, lets say 1 bitcoin = $1, so, I could essentially buy that candy bar for 1 bitcoin. But then in a week, bitcoin goes up 200%, and now 1 bitcoin = $2. So now that bitcoin I used to buy a candy bar with would have gotten me 2 candy bars. Now you takw this example and expand it and see that bitcoin went up 1800% in the last 12 months, other cryptocurrencies went up like 5000% etc.

So at this point, who in their right mind would actually use cryptocurrency to buy things? The 1 bitcoin I used to buy 1 candy bar 12 months ago would now get me 18 candy bars. So in that case, Im holding my bitcoins and aint using it to spend ? .

So basically, its lost its purpose, it went from being currency like a dollar bill and became a commodity like gold. Only difference is gold is physical and you can hold it. You cant with cryptocurrency

That’s why you cash out. Sell back the coin for USD
  •  i ro ny
    Options

You’re trying to make sense of this when you should focus on how you can take advantage of this.

The future is going to be a very interesting place commerce-wise. A lot of technologies are going to rely on the block chain for VARIOUS reasons.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

You’re trying to make sense of this when you should focus on how you can take advantage of this.

The future is going to be a very interesting place commerce-wise. A lot of technologies are going to rely on the block chain for VARIOUS reasons.

Im already in it. ? dont need to make sense, all that needs to make sense is how to profit and right now if done rights its very profitable.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma hold at this point, got like 32 litecoin.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    norfphilly wrote: »

That’s why you cash out. Sell back the coin for USD

Yep Bitcoin is meant to be spent, not invested in.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »

32 whole litecoin? Nice.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Rasta. wrote: »

32 whole litecoin? Nice.

Yea got it at $67 and went back in at $147
    Got a fraction of BTC and 3 ETH...it's just money I'd spend on trips and ? so imma hold
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody heard of Lite Coin?