Who Is The Baddest Super Hero?

Options
AK.aPHillYisILL
AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Quite Comical
Just on pure skill and the most experience alone and what they've done in the comic world... Who is just the baddest Super Hero of them all?

My obvious choice for me... Well look at the avi.

Wolverine the guy who's had probably some of the most epic battles with some of the most baddest dudes in the Marvel world. Going one on one with the Incredible Hulk is no joke and Logan went toe to toe with the big green and mean monster. His epic encounters with Sabertooth? His toughest test he's ever come across, Magneto? How bout, Omega Red? What about, Deadpool? Wolverine has fought some of the toughest guys you can ever come across. From when it all started from the bones coming out of his fists, to the Weapon-X days of when it all really began. The Adamantium claws, the lost memory and how he had to go through the rest of his life looking for answers. Joining the X-Men... ? , Wolverine is GOAT alone just with how he was banging Scott Summers girl, Jean Gray. The dude just can't die. He can get shot in the head and he's healed wjust like that. The raging ability and how easy it is to ? this guy off and it's off with your head. I can go and on about this Legend. Nobody can ? with this dude!

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not big into the comic books, but superhero's like Superman and the Incredible Hulk ? on Wolverine. He's popular with the general public for what ever reasons, but Wolverine isn't even the strongest of the X-Men. Jean Grey/Phoenix would ? on and ? Wolverine without even lifting a finger. Professor Xavier is even stronger in my opinion. He'd get in Wolverines head and have him thinking he was a toddler.

Wolverine is kinda average by Marvel Superhero standards I could name at least 10 right off the top of my head that would get in his azz.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not big into the comic books, but superhero's like Superman and the Incredible Hulk ? on Wolverine. He's popular with the general public for what ever reasons, but Wolverine isn't even the strongest of the X-Men. Jean Grey/Phoenix would ? on and ? Wolverine without even lifting a finger. Professor Xavier is even stronger in my opinion. He'd get in Wolverines head and have him thinking he was a toddler.

Wolverine is kinda average by Marvel Superhero standards I could name at least 10 right off the top of my head that would get in his azz.

I'd like to see those ten you could name?
  • Crude_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see those ten you could name?

Superman
    The Incredible Hulk
    Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix
    X-Man
    Silver Surfer
    Thor
    Professor Xavier
    Adam Warlock
    Spawn
    Green Lantern

I could keep going but I will stop. Look at there powers and then look at Wolverine's powers. He has some cool abilities I agree with on that, but he is a middle of the road superhero as far ability is concerned. This doesn't even include the bad guys like Mr. Sinister. They'd ? Wolf boy in a one on one fight.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I could keep going but I will stop. Look at there powers and then look at Wolverine's powers. He has some cool abilities I agree with on that, but he is a middle of the road superhero as far ability is concerned. This doesn't even include the bad guys like Mr. Sinister. They'd ? Wolf boy in a one on one fight.

Wolverine has beat Lobo and Lobo can whoop on Superman... So Wolverine can whoop on anyone.

Wolverine's Greatest Fights:

1.) Wolverine vs. Hulk - Round 1 (Incredible Hulk #181) - Wolverine’s official debut kicked off when Weapon X (Wolvie) was assigned to hunt down and take out the HULK! Wolvie soon found out this was Waaaaaaaaay easier said than done! Not even 2-foot long adamantium claws could stop the Green Goliath! ”Why little man cut Hulk?!!” Classic.

2.) Wolverine vs. Hulk - Round 2! (Incredible Hulk #340) - Wolverine's very first appearance had him trading blows with Hulk. It may seem ridiculous that a man with pointy claws could hope to take down the rampaging Hulk, but history has shown the two are more evenly matched than you might think, Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk notwithstanding. This particular issue offered an interesting juxtaposition of their character roles. During this time, Bruce Banner existed as Gray Hulk. Not nearly as dumb as Savage Hulk, but more brutal and cunning than than truly intelligent, Gray Hulk was itching for a fight. And after Rogue accidentally dropped a jetliner's engine on Hulk, he had all the reason he needed. Wolverine, for his part, was doing his best to suppress the beast within. Hulk was allowing for any of that, and so the two launched into one of their bloodiest fights before or since. A berserker Wolverine bathed the snow in gamma-irradiated blood. In the end, it was only a stern lecture from Rick Jones that convinced the two heroes to put down their fists and walk away.

3.) Wolverine vs. Hellfire Club (Uncanny X-Men #133) - A defining moment in X-Men history! Wolvie goes completely ? on the dolo tip and single-handedly takes out the entire Hellfire Club! His attack is so damn vicious that some of the guys left over (the ones that were NOT ripped to shreds) later got cybernetic parts and came back solely to get revenge on Logan!

4.) Wolverine vs. Sabertooth - "Wolverine ‘kills’ Sabretooth" (Wolverine #90) - There has never been any love lost between Wolverine and Sabretooth, even when the two were partners in Team X. So when Logan learned that his old nemesis was living in the basement of the X-Mansion, he was understandably peeved. Xavier insisted that Sabretooth could be rehabilitated, but Wolverine knew better. Wolverine got his chance for house cleaning when the rest of the team set out to stop Legion from traveling to the past and killing a young Magneto. Totally alone, Wolverine ventured downstairs, set Sabretooth free, and beckoned him for yet another rematch. The resulting battle tore the mansion to shreds and left copious amounts of blood on the walls. Wolverine was playing for keeps this time. In the end, the little runt got the better of Sabretooth. Wolverine pinned his enemy to a wall and did what he had always threatened to do – stabbed Sabretooth right in the brain. Almost immediately, reality was rewritten thanks to Legion's meddling. But when things returned to normal, Sabretooth was left a gibbering, incoherent mess. It would be some time before his mind healed. Wolverine didn't succeed in killing Sabretooth yet, but he proved a point. Whatever it was.

5.) Wolverine vs. Magneto - Magneto rips out Wolverine’s adamantium (X-Men #25, 2nd series) - Wolverine's signature weapon is his unbreakable adamantium skeleton. Therefore, one of his deadliest opponents must be the man with complete control over the forces of magnetism. For years readers always wondered how Wolverine would fare against Magneto in a one-on-one duel. The two had clashed many times, but Magneto usually seemed too distracted to unleash the full extent of his powers on Wolverine. That all changed in the Fatal Attractions crossover. Having announced his grim intentions to the world, grievously injured Cable, and even plucked a willing Colossus from the X-Mansion, Magneto had gotten himself on the X-Men's bad side once again. Wolverine drew early blood on Avalon, and Magneto decided enough was finally enough. Magneto used his powers to pull the metal from Wolverine's bones and out through his pores. It sounds painful, and it certainly looked excruciating in the comic. The process left Wolverine more alive than dead. It was only his love for Jean Grey that kept Wolverine alive on the terrible journey home. This was when Wolverine and his allies learned a shocking truth – Weapon X didn't grant him claws, they had been a part of his body all along. With his healing factor on the fritz and new mysteries to explore, Wolverine took an extended leave of absence from the X-Men.

6.) Wolverine vs. Hulk Round 3! -AND – Sabretooth (Wolverine vol 2 #145) - It was the return of the ADAMANTIUM! Wolverine is now DEATH – working as a Horseman of Apocalypse! As part of the job, Wolverine and Sabretooth have a vicious battle to see who is truly worthy of survival. Wolvie comes out on top – and Apocalypse removes the metal from ‘Tooth and gives it back to Wolvie! Next, he sends him to ? THE Incredible Hulk - who is deemed as ‘Unworthy’. The two engage in yet another brutal battle – but this time Wolvie, amplified with his DEATH powers, has the upper hand! Savage, cunning, relentless, and armed with a bigazz, 6-ft long adamantium sabre - ‘Wolvie-Death’ takes the Hulk down for good!….. Or does he? Seems like these guys can’t get enough of each other! This version of Wolverine NOBODY can ? with!

7.) Wolverine vs. EVERYBODY (What If?: Enemy of the State) - The setup is that Wolverine is never De-programmed from the Hydra brainwashing in the original ‘Enemy of the State’ storyline. So rather than breaking free and going after bad guys, he takes on and kills damn near EVERYBODY. Unable to stop this brainwashed killing machine, SHIELD is reduced to few people. The fight comes down to Captain America, Magneto, Invisible Woman. ….and a secret weapon – Kitty Pryde.

8.) Wolverine vs. Brood (Uncanny #162-166) - The first TRUE Wolverine solo adventure pits Logan against -well, an entire Brood alien army! Wolverine shows just how much of a warrior he is – going into animal berserker mode and taking out swarms of ‘Sleazoids’ ….and even fighting off a full-on Queen Brood infection! Wolverine proves that he really is the ’Best at what he does’... on any planet!

9.) Wolverine vs Sabretooth – Mutant Massacre! (Uncanny #212/213) - Most peeps consider this the mother of all Wolverine/Sabretooth fights! The Mutant Massacre – when the Marauders slaughter dozens of under-dwelling Morlocks – shakes the Marvel Mutant universe up to its core! This is the first showing of these two savage warriors going heads up against each other! Lots of ? -talking, ripping, stabbing, shredding, slicing, dicing, healing, cutting, chopping…..u get the idea!!! I forgot who wins…. Oh yeah never mind... We know who wins.

10.) Wolverine vs. Shingen - (Wolverine Vol. 1 #4) - Wolverine has faced many a villain with powers and abilities that outclass his own. No matter how strong the opponent, Wolverine's healing factor always leaves him as good as new. It's ironic, then, that one of Wolverine's greatest enemies ever is a man with no real powers to speak of. Lord Shingen Yashida once ruled as one of the most powerful criminal figures in Japan. His daughter was Mariko Yashida, one of the great loves of Wolverine's life. Wolverine traveled to Japan in hopes of freeing Mariko from a terrible marriage. Only Shingen stood in his way, but he proved too much for Logan. Through a combination of cheating and a deadly fighting style, Shingen trounced Wolverine and disgraced him in the eyes of Mariko. Poor Logan has rarely been in as low a state. He was forced to pick himself up out of the gutter and confront Shingen once more. After a hard fight against one of the world's greatest swordsmen, Wolverine emerged triumphant. He even won the hand of the fair lady Mariko. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

11.) Wolverine vs. Silver Samurai - (Wolverine Vol. 2 #2-3) - Once again, Wolverine's past in Japan would return to haunt him. Silver Samurai is the illegitimate son of Shingen Yashida, and he has always lusted after his father's empire. Samurai did his best to crash Wolverine and half-sister Mariko's wedding, but ultimately it would be another villain responsible for breaking up that romance. The two clashed sometime later as Samurai took control of his father's empire. Yakuza tradition dictated he must clear all past failures, meaning a rematch with Wolverine was in order. Thanks to Samurai's ability to charge his weapons with a tachyon field, his samurai sword was almost a match for Wolverine's claws. Tensions eventually thawed between these two, with Wolverine even entrusting his adopted daughter Yukio to Samurai's care. However, Samurai can't seem to shake the demons of his past, and in one of their last meetings Wolverine sliced off Samurai's right hand.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I never really read Marvel like that but after finishing World War Hulk.............it HAS TO BE Hulk. I mean COT DAMN!!!!! When dude thought ? murked his wife and child, he was unfuckinstoppable. Showed up at the X-Mansion and trashed the young mutant bouls. X-Men show up, trashes them. X-Calibur shows up, trashes them. Every other X-team shows up, trashes them while talkin ? like "I don't even know who you guys are." (LMAO) Gave Logan his props, but then smashed dude in the head like 30 times so it would take his brain a hot minute to heal. Realized how guilty Xavier is over dead students and just bounced like "Pfft, you're already in hell." Gangsta.

If you beat the Hulk, he just wasn't mad enough. Superman my ? too and he could throw him a fair one, but if Hulk keep gettin angrier Clark better call up The Spectre or somebody....
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That Wolverine vs. Sabretooth fight in the "Mutant Massacre" arc was indeed the GOAT fight between the two. It was pretty much a draw, but it did look like Sabretooth was toying with Wolverine. It ended with the two of them going over a cliff or some ? . Rogue had to fish Wolverine outta the water he and Sabretooth both fell into, cuz that ? wanted to still go after Sabretooth.

As far as Wolverine vs The Silver Surfer, Wolverine ain't ? with the Surfer. Dude can manipulate time, space, energy and matter. If you think Magneto got in that ass, the Surfer would ? Wolverine...and he's not even Galactus' strongest herald...I think. On some cornball ? , the Surfer could toss Wolverine's ass into space & suffocate him. That ? could also throw his ass into the sun, just keep his ass there and drop his fried ass off on Xavier's/Cyclops' doorstep afterwards. The Surfer was the 1st one who beat this dude called The Champion, an Eternal who came to Earth and challenged all of it's strongest heroes to a fight one on one; I forget which exact issue, even though I have it somewhere in my collection. Dude ? EVERYONE up (Thor - he got disqualified when he used Mjolnir, Sasquatch, Colossus - I think, Namor, etc). The only one who went the distance with The Champion was The Thing (corny, IMO). Dude didn't even give Hulk the time of day; he considered him to be too much off a brainless brut (stupid ass original gree Hulk version) and teleported his ass away from the fight. When The Champion fought the Surfer, the Surfer whipped Dude's ass unreal.

On another note, even though Wolverine is one of my all time favs in the Marvel universe, Dude ain't ? with the Hulk. Standing toe to toe with him and defeating the Hulk are two different things. Don't forget, Hulk has a healing factor, too. He survived a big ass sized stab wound through his chest from Wolverine in that #340 issue. He healed, got up and was like, "? what?" I'd take a Hulk berserker rage over one of Wolverine's any day.
  • Crude_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I stick to what I said Wolverine isn't messing with none of the folks I posted imo. Particularly standing one on one toe to toe. If gets the up on them maybe, but he won't beat them in a fair fight.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • jbrooks229
    jbrooks229 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    obviously SUPER man
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Pretty sure The Spectre could ? Logan... Tear his soul right from his body...

But you all don't know nothing bout the Spectre... ? killed the Wizard Shazam... Don't get no triller then that... Maybe Black Adam during Infinite Crisis...

Pretty sure he could.

But Logan has got some epic fights under his belt. He's fought some of the baddest dudes in the comic world. He gave Hulk a run for his money... Who else has done that? He's beat Lobo for ? sakes??? And Lobo can demolish Superman. Maybe i'm a lil bit over the top when I say Logan can beat anyone... I'll admit that. But he's had some superior battles in the Marvel world.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    STILL can get his face used as a Swiffer Wet Jet by Doomsday... no...

I agree that Superman is not the BADDEST superhero, but by the t/s definition of bad (most experience and accomplishments), he is.

(One of) The most powerful superheroes...definitely, but baddest...hell no. There's nothing bad about Superman; He's more of a boyscout than anything. He the type that you could easily use as a ? as governments have done to him in the past since he's more of the peacemaker type of guy. Wonder Woman and Batman are more of warriors than Superman is. They are all skilled in the arts, but Bats & WW have been trained since childhood FOR battle.

When you think baddest like bad-ass, people like Wolverine, Hulk, Batman, Punisher, ? , even Namor come to mind.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree that Superman is not the BADDEST superhero, but by the t/s definition of bad (most experience and accomplishments), he is.

(One of) The most powerful superheroes...definitely, but baddest...hell no. There's nothing bad about Superman; He's more of a boyscout than anything. He the type that you could easily use as a ? as governments have done to him in the past since he's more of the peacemaker type of guy. Wonder Woman and Batman are more of warriors than Superman is. They are all skilled in the arts, but Bats & WW have been trained since childhood FOR battle.

When you think baddest like bad-ass, people like Wolverine, Hulk, Batman, Punisher, ? , even Namor come to mind.

Co-signing this ? ! Superman cool and all but he's far from the baddest. But your right with what you said!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just found this pretty tight list... Check it out

The 50 Greatest Comic Book Characters of All-Time!

http://www.empireonline.com/50greatestcomiccharacters/
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

You act like Superman wouldn't wipe the floor with theses guys if it came do to that.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    You act like Superman wouldn't wipe the floor with theses guys if it came do to that.

I'm not talking about who's the strongest; that list has nothing to do with that. Yeah, Supes can beat everyone I mentioned quite easily (The Hulk would be the only one to give him SOME comp.); that still doesn't make him a bad-ass.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • riley_escbr
    riley_escbr Members Posts: 30
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Batman's killed Supes in several Comics... Plus Superman gets his ass stomped by Shazam at least once a year... a 13 year old boy...
    Get's slapped around by Mongol too....

Batman really? dude lacks super powers. he got good sleuth skills and karate skills but the man is nothing with out that damn tool belt. ? jubilee can beat batman w/o his belt
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How bout this...

Two of the baddest ever.

Wolverine vs. Batman???

These two are my favorite superheros to, of all-time. It's hard for me to put either of them number 1 when there both my favorites. I think it would be a good battle.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thor....until Hulk gets Bill O' Reilly mad and picks up Thor's hammer..
  • riley_escbr
    riley_escbr Members Posts: 30
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Supes gave Batman a Kryptonite Ring...

so you sayin superman is the only one able to beat batman. magneto would have a field day with batmans gadgets against him.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Silver Surfer or Batman. Surfer is the strongest by far. Batman is the smartest of all the superheroes.

.........Excluding all entities.

P.S. Some of you guys are naming villains, villains are not superheroes...