Black enterprenuership outside of drugs, pimpin and hair is almost nonexsistant

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Strictly Business
growing up i saw plenty of people selling drugs using their brains, they understood the profit margin, packaging, transportation, advertising and eliminating the competition or at least working something out with them.
with pimpin i saw someone fast talking someone with low self esteem or whatever and making them work for them, or exploiting their certain skillset, even making sure they advertised to bring customers, and handing down strict dicipline.
You have people that can open a barbershop or salon, but how long does it stay in business. keep it real, how long has the last barbershop or salon stayed open in your hood.

how many black owned car lots are there?
how many corner stores in black communities are owned by blacks, not dark dominicans?
Hell blacks buy the most fake hair and own no beauty supply shops, just the salons.

Are these the only things that people strive for when striking it out on their own. why would you want to work for someone all you life and never take the risk of calling you own shots.
I am here to help my people anyway i can. clown me if you want, i dont care.
This is placed here since no of you will go to the strictly business forum.

here are some francise links:
1800gotjunk- this companies owner is wirth 75mill and all the francises earn a mill a year.
http://www.1800gotjunk.com/us_en/franchise/franchise_stage_1.aspx
Supershuttle- i talked to a few guys and the made at least $65k last year
http://www.supershuttle.com/en/StartFranchise.aspx?Location=StartFranchise

hell come up with a hair care product, a nail line, workout video, matchmaking site, something.

If you guys need help ....just ask
seriously i am tired of going to ? and only seeing like two black owners and like 50 white owners and 25 asian and hispanic owners at meeting and gatherings of SBA.
i would love to bring people in....hard working people

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? stay making up t-shirts and drawing on sneakers
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? stay making up t-shirts and drawing on sneakers

on a very small scale....cmon man we gotta go for millions and stop being ok with being ni99a rich
    matter of fact ....dont edit someone elses sneaker.....create your own sneaker...go for the top and float down...
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is what I'm talking about. I want to own a gym in the near future. First I'll start a personal training business. We do need more black businesses but black people will always make excuses as why not to start them and why not to support them.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    black people always involved in some kind of scheme
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We don't respect our own creations. Check how people talk about the black clothing lines, no respect. But the don't mind copping some generic american eagle and wear it with pride. That is just one example. As someone that has worked in a black owned restaurant, some black people don't have respect for your business they just complain about your prices even if your the cheapest in town.
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

and like Whites don't...smh
  • Darius
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and like Whites don't...smh

i dont know about them, I can only speak for black people
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    This is what I'm talking about. I want to own a gym in the near future. First I'll start a personal training business. We do need more black businesses but black people will always make excuses as why not to start them and why not to support them.

let me know if you need help....no charge or anything, just point you in the right direction.
    only thing i ask for is to spread the knowledge or ownership unto others
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    We don't respect our own creations. Check how people talk about the black clothing lines, no respect. But the don't mind copping some generic american eagle and wear it with pride. That is just one example. As someone that has worked in a black owned restaurant, some black people don't have respect for your business they just complain about your prices even if your the cheapest in town.

c/s. Sometimes black people expect because it's a black owned business they should get a hook-up, or it aint "black" enough SMMFH
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If youre not supporting Black Business now then ? !!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options

please explain.
    because that statement alone is what holds people locked in a box. everyone is not out to get you.
    even looking at your avi... why buy a baby sneakers like that. what is that proving. that you have style and can spend money and you make someone else rich but your kids feet looks nice. you gotta think in reverse with that. sell someone else the sneakers with your logo on it and make yourself rich and buy your kid something they can really use in life other than looking nice when they cant find their face.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i dont know about them, I can only speak for black people

lmao........
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    please explain.
    because that statement alone is what holds people locked in a box. everyone is not out to get you.
    even looking at your avi... why buy a baby sneakers like that. what is that proving. that you have style and can spend money and you make someone else rich but your kids feet looks nice. you gotta think in reverse with that. sell someone else the sneakers with your logo on it and make yourself rich and buy your kid something they can really use in life other than looking nice when they cant find their face.

uh he white. Ignore that post
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

this unfortunately is a two way street. i have been to black owner business and the customer service was terrible. some places feel like they got enough business and dont really need yours. black owned business need to remember to always be professional and customer service goes a long way.
    but then you have the ni99as that come in thinking because its black owned they can get the hook up like the one poster said. or they hand outside the place and scare potential cleints and customers.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    please explain.

lmao....not only is matt a white ? , hes a racist
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hell what about you so called tough guys, why dont you guys become personal bodyguards. like forreal, start a private security firm and make money pushing people around and carrying a gun, ? you do it anyway right, just get paid for it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    uh he white. Ignore that post

oh....didnt know
    lmao
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Do any of y'all wear any clothing made from black companies?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have a few rockawear shirts and some old ass fubu sweatshirt.
    but see even with that statement....you see what puffy did was take it to the next level and made sean john sell suits...nice ? suits at that. i got some of his jeans but not a suit yet.
  • Darius
    edited August 2010
    Options
    black owned businesses who try to differentiate themselves from similar businesses w/ similar products/services by advertising they are 'black-owned' and all that ? are doomed to fail. people want price and convenience and quality, it don't matter who the ? owns it. Black owned businesses isn't the Field of Dreams. you gotta put in 80+ hours a week getting started and maintaining a business. and frankly, most people regardless of color lack that sort of work ethic and forsight.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If youre not supporting Black Business now then ? !!

I mean most people are if they getting they haircut or buying black hair products from specific people. But I always go to this corner store to get a couple things instead of CVS or Target. And the owner is always saying thank you for supporting.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    black owned businesses who try to differentiate themselves from similar businesses w/ similar products/services by advertising they are 'black-owned' and all that ? are doomed to fail. people want price and convenience and quality, it don't matter who the ? owns it. Black owned businesses isn't the Field of Dreams. you gotta put in 80+ hours a week getting started and maintaining a business. and frankly, most people regardless of color lack that sort of work ethic and forsight.

i have seen alot of businesses thrive off of just what your talking about. so alot of people can make it happen, the only problem is believing in themselves. thats where people mess up and lose it
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You gotta have good credit to start a business
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I mean most people are if they getting they haircut or buying black hair products from specific people. But I always go to this corner store to get a couple things instead of CVS or Target. And the owner is always saying thank you for supporting.

Thats whats up..........
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited August 2010
    Options

same can be applied to other races and religions like christian-mechanics LOL