Do black people ? with The Beatles?

Options

Comments

• lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I downloaded a greatest hits album on my Zen years ago but I haven't listen to it yet.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I ? with the Stones over the Beatles
  • TownsVillain
    TownsVillain Members Posts: 32
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? will do anything to fit in. ? them corny ass beatles.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not black but I never saw anything special about the Beatles never could get into there music.
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    ? will do anything to fit in. ? them corny ass beatles.

^^^ That.

The Beatles are overrated. Never did get their hype.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Revolver is that album:

Over 30 years later and they were (and still are) inspiring musicians. Case and point:

It's all well and good cussing The Beatles and anyone else for daring to like their music but how many of your favourite rappers and producers are going to be remembered and still inspiring people 40 years later? How many of them are going to make such a musical and cultural impact like they did? The Beatles only lasted ten years together but they knocked out a phenomenal amount of music and records in that one decade and they showed more musical progression and growth in that timespan then most other longer lasting artists in their career. Say what you want about The Beatles but they are one of the best to ever do it. Shouldn't even matter if you're black or not, good music is good music regardless
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LSD music lol not my cup of tea
  • face down @$$ up
    face down @$$ up Members Posts: 53
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A lot of black people listen to what they think they're friends think are cool. But the beatles created some the most classic songs in our history. And there are plenty of songs that black people be noddin' their heads to, not knowing it's originally a beatles song that somebody remade.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they got some pretty good sounding stuff...I cant say I would just be driving in the whip listening to it, but sometimes I may just feel like hearing it.
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't really listen to them, but there's no denying "Let It Be". Did y'all see Jennifer Hudson sing it on the Hope For Haiti Now Telethon? Just beautiful!
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A lot of black people listen to what they think they're friends think are cool. But the beatles created some the most classic songs in our history. And there are plenty of songs that black people be noddin' their heads to, not knowing it's originally a beatles song that somebody remade.

good point. while listening, i've heard so many songs i've heard on commercials and in other places and had no idea came from the beatles
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This one does.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this ? never been sampled ?

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea I like the Beatles but they are crazily overrated the were basically the great white hopes of the 1960s.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Beatles are the goat, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and the White Album are legendary status.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Led Zeppelin > The Beatles
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Instrumentation wise yes, song writing wise no and i am a die hard Zeppelin fan.

honorable mention

Cream
    Deep Purple
  • strangefruit
    strangefruit Members Posts: 41
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea the Beatles are a dope group. You guys should check out Pink Floyd
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Everyone likes The Beetles
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no because they are the most overrated band of all time

Never met a person who didn't like at least one beetles track but i agree they are the most overrated band of all time there Cds sold faster than ? in the 80s.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wasn't into the Beatles until I saw the movie "Across the Universe". But I definitely appreciate them. They may be overrated a little, but there's no denying their talent or their impact on society. IMO, Beatles, Michael Jackson, and Elvis on that ? mode status in American music that nobody will ever touch again.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How can you not like a group that these song lyrics:

"I get high with a little help from my friends," from With A Little Help From My Friends. How can you not like a group that made a song that supposely gave Manson the inspiration to tell other ? white muthafuckas to murder people in order to start a race war. How can you not like a group that sick as bass lines such as the one in "Come Together." Who in here isn't ? with "Yellow Submarine," and I don't even like musicals. The Beatles rewrote the game and had muthafuckas thinking about song composition in entirely new ways. Saying the Beatles are overrated is like Babe Ruth only hit a few homeruns and the Apollo 11 mission was nothing more than a space flight. How a group be overrated when influenced damn near every group that after them? This includes groups in other musical generes.

I ? with Zepplin....HARD. Zepplin is my favorite group. Plant and Page are musical geniuses. Zepplin better the Beatles, I don't know. In the end I got say the Beatles are greater than Zepplin.

I hate to compare different generes of music, but Temps aren't greater than the Beatles. Though I must say that Isley Brothers verision of "Twist and Shout," is better than The Beatles.

Honorable Mention:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    The Doors
    The Rolling Stones
    though they came later Aerosmith

P.S. Show me somebody that at a minimum doesn't acknowledge The Beatles contribution to not only to music, but popular culturual and I'll show you somebody who has limited tastes in music. Some me somebody that thinks The Beatles are wack and I'll show somebody that thinks Soulja Boy and Wocka Flocka made classic songs and Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper of all time.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i've tried but i can't get into them at all. i know as a child my mom always told me the story of how one of them said they were bigger than jesus and then ? went downhill from there lol.