Hispanics

Options
peterjageagle
peterjageagle Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
why do hispanics have a despicable hatred towards anything black especially black american?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm pretty sure it's not universal.. u'd serve ur purpose better asking the mad ones why they mad...
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    word?....never noticed.
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think only the old school non-American types feel that way.. my pr peeps is mad cool.. then again NY-CT is like the Hispanic mecca!
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    despicable hatred

those are strong words. Some of them, usually younger generation imitate black culture (hats, style of dress, language) and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Can't speak on despicable hatred though, I have never seen it.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This dude pulls this stunt every couple months in different forums.

Peter ? or whatever his name is. It's funny some Hispanics identify themselves as Blacks.

robertoclemente.jpg

127999.jpg

Zoe-Saldana1.jpg

all three of them would be classified as so-called Hispanic.

His girl must have had a train run on her by some Hispanic brothers while he watched tied up or something. He resurrects this foolishness every so often.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    despicable hatred

those are strong words. Some of them, usually younger generation imitate black culture (hats, style of dress, language) and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Can't speak on despicable hatred though, I have never seen it.

In truth, particularly the Puerto Ricans were a integral part of Black Culture, particularly in New York City, they was right there setting trends that the youth follow today.

Puerto Ricans were a part of the beginning of Hip Hop culture. No disputing that.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No watch Olang come in here and shut all this label ? down.
  • Ra_Nkala
    Ra_Nkala Members Posts: 48
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why do hispanics have a despicable hatred towards anything black especially black american?

this question is to general and vague to answer
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look at our society.... everything about it portrays black as ugly and white as beautiful... it's psychology, plain and simple. Why is this so ? hard to understand?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know if its all Hispanics, they say the word ? more than even Blacks do, at least here in NYC they do.

I do find it fascinating though that whenever I glance at a Spanish channel, VERY VERY VERY rarely do I see any Black people on it, unless they're showing an American movie. All their soap operas and regular TV programming seems to only have white faces.

I see more color on American TV programming.........but rarely on Spanish channels. I wonder why........
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Look at our society.... everything about it portrays black as ugly and white as beautiful... it's psychology, plain and simple. Why is this so ? hard to understand?

Yeah, in many cases what you're saying is true, but when I turn to Channel 4, there's at least a chance I'll see some Black people in a commercial. On most American channels, I have a good chance of seeing some Black faces on any given hour. On every Spanish channel I've ever seen, Black faces are harder to find than WMD in Iraq.

I find that disturbing on many levels. MORE disturbing than anything I see on American television.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thats a broad statement
  • Chike
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, in many cases what you're saying is true, but when I turn to Channel 4, there's at least a chance I'll see some Black people in a commercial. On most American channels, I have a good chance of seeing some Black faces on any given hour. On every Spanish channel I've ever seen, Black faces are harder to find than WMD in Iraq.

I find that disturbing on many levels. MORE disturbing than anything I see on American television.

Right. They got the whitest looking spaniards acting all up in their novalas. It's ridiculous. Sometimes I put it on the spanish channel just for a laugh and I don't even understand what they're saying. I laugh because I live in a city where the majority of the population is Dominican and Puerto Rican, and I have NEVER seen any of them looking as white as the people on the spanish channel.

But when I say our culture, I'm including everything westernized, not just America.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They don't..........
  • Chike
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Most Spanish channels are based in countries where they can afford to create proper programming

i.e. Spain

Spain = crackas.

It's where they're aired that's important though. P.R., D.R., Mexico and the U.S., and I'm sure the rest of the Americas too.
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    we hate blacks and hiphop in DR smh......check out the background of people in vid....pretty much black and loving it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Right. They got the whitest looking spaniards acting all up in their novalas. It's ridiculous. Sometimes I put it on the spanish channel just for a laugh and I don't even understand what they're saying. I laugh because I live in a city where the majority of the population is Dominican and Puerto Rican, and I have NEVER seen any of them looking as white as the people on the spanish channel.

But when I say our culture, I'm including everything westernized, not just America.

Ah ok, I got u.....well I can't be surprised at Spain, a mostly white nation, only having white people act in its shows.....what else should we expect?

I did think though that Mexico produced most of these shows, I was wrong.
  • C.Melendez
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Are you full dominican?
    thats a hot joint btw.

Dominicano yo soi....
    and yeah Vakero is what it is forreal ..always doing the hood joints and all his vids show the "real DR"....he says Bob Marley Music inspired him...one vid he has a jamaican beat and have a Marley tee on
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I gotta admit, that's the tightest flow I've heard a cat speaking in a different language spit. Most of the time rap in other languages sounds awkward to me.
  • Chike
    edited August 2010
    Options
    C.Melendez wrote: »
    we hate blacks and hiphop in DR smh......check out the background of people in vid....pretty much black and loving it.

That's like where I live. Mostly Dominicans and Puerto Ricans and they all emulate the hip hop/gang culture notably attributed to the black community in the U.S.

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I never knew Hispanics felt hatred towards blacks?? My best friend is half Mexican and his father is 100% and he acts mad cool around me. I guess personal experiences really influence's a persons life. But even so, you can't generalize based on personal experiences alone.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ah ok, I got u.....well I can't be surprised at Spain, a mostly white nation, only having white people act in its shows.....what else should we expect? I did think though that Mexico produced most of these shows, I was wrong.
    eh, Mexico is a mostly white nation, so maybe it's no surprise
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    eh, Mexico is a mostly white nation, so maybe it's no surprise

True, I overlooked that fact briefly.
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I gotta admit, that's the tightest flow I've heard a cat speaking in a different language spit. Most of the time rap in other languages sounds awkward to me.
    almost as if they forcing it to the beat....but its plenty of dominican rappers thats tight...a few cuban ones too that get it in
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ah ok, I got u.....well I can't be surprised at Spain, a mostly white nation, only having white people act in its shows.....what else should we expect?

I did think though that Mexico produced most of these shows, I was wrong.
    the basic television shows that broadcast wide to most latin nation are gala and univision and etc which is usually made in spain or colombia...half of the actors are spanish colombian venezuelan and dominican. and yeah they seem to take the lightest ones out of those nations...but Spain is very bigot towards dr and others...dominicans get deported from spain quicker than mexicans get deported from the USA.

but each nation also have their on tv stations...like we have plenty of locals stations that I still watch in the US via satelite

Oh and another Vakero video in the hood