Learn Ms. Jones some Football

Options

Comments

• Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    my brother live in fort washington so all the ? that grew up in SE and got out moved out there so the league is full of kids whose parents was ex-drug dealers and the ? that associated with drug dealers

lol, wow... I know them ? are tough! My son played for Watkin's Hornets the ONE year his soft ass played... smh. I met a few bunnies out that thang though...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol, wow... I know them ? are tough! My son played for Watkin's Hornets the ONE year his soft ass played... smh. I met a few bunnies out that thang though...

lol @ fundz shittin on his seed
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

No ? ..........
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    He's not a real big dude...he's got a muscular build to him though....like that strong ass, wiry dude. He look like he doesn't pack a punch, but man o man....he got it. His coach said that's why he likes him so much, because he fools the other teams...

My son used to be a Linebacker when he first started in Pop Warner ... he wasn't the biggest kid but he has NO fear so they put him where he could knock a few kids down with each play. He'd tackle his man and then get up and tackle another one.

Now he's strong and so fast that the coach wants him to use his talent to get the ball and score
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've been saying that phrase to him since he was two....I know this about my kid...he doesn't like to fail. Ever.
    Thats whats up. Also.. be humble no one is bigger than the game.. When i have kids i know that ill make it known to them they are good as. or better than everyone eles.. but dont outwardly display or show that.. Just have that internal belief.. Im better than you.... Of course it helps if .. they are good ... but still. self condidence >arrogance
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He's not a real big dude...he's got a muscular build to him though....like that strong ass, wiry dude. He look like he doesn't pack a punch, but man o man....he got it. His coach said that's why he likes him so much, because he fools the other teams...

SMH at the coach saying he SEE'S so much potential but not talking about your son's football skills..
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options

lol, nah fam. That ? had, and clearly, STILL has me heated! He's my only boy, he's SUPPOSED to LOVE football!
    No ? ..........

lol, you ain't ? .......
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

fundz keeps it real with his kid and that's how you gotta to be....my brother be trying to get his son to ? people up because he shy away from hits; but my brother told him straight up that he got too much suburb kid in him
  • ms.jones
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My son used to be a Linebacker when he first started in Pop Warner ... he wasn't the biggest kid but he has NO fear so they put him where he could knock a few kids down with each play. He'd tackle his man and then get up and tackle another one.

Now he's strong and so fast that the coach wants him to use his talent to get the ball and score

You know, I think that is the direction his coach wants to take him...he's got so much power and force behind his hits, and he just has zero fear, it doesn't matter if its a grown man, he will do his best trying to take someone down....now we are just trying to get the fundamentals down...
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    all these parents in here making me jealous....i can't wait to have kids
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options

No ? .... watch that ? Jonesy pooh.
  • ms.jones
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    SMH at the coach saying he SEE'S so much potential but not talking about your son's football skills..

J...he talks to me about it, but at the same time, he tries to incorporate himself into the equation....I'll ask about how he did in practice, and what does he need to focus on, and he'll say some slick ? like "If I was around more often, I could show you what to do for him." The ? ????? Just tell me what is going to help my baby, not help you get a nut. Trick.
  • ms.jones
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thats whats up. Also.. be humble no one is bigger than the game.. When i have kids i know that ill make it known to them they are good as. or better than everyone eles.. but dont outwardly display or show that.. Just have that internal belief.. Im better than you.... Of course it helps if .. they are good ... but still. self condidence >arrogance

Oh no...with a momma like me..the last thing he will ever be is arrogant. I teach him and his sister that everyday...you are special, but you ain't above the ? .
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Instill the go hard or go home mentality.. That will go a long way because frankly alot of people are lazy when it comes to sports.. if he goes hard all the time.. thats an edge he will have on alot of the competition.. No matter how good a player is.. they are only good as their performance.. Even the best can be beatn if they are slackin.. 8 times out of 10 someone is slackin you said hes playing D a.. Tell him to run through the ball carrier.. and wrap up. Keep his head up and keep moving his legs. Make it fun for him most importantly.

GO HARD OR GO HOME

This is what I tell mines!
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh no...with a momma like me..the last thing he will ever be is arrogant. I teach him and his sister that everyday...you are special, but you ain't above the ? .

Daps...

I dont know how old lil homie is but i just wanted an excuse to post this.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Daps...

I dont know how old lil homie is but i just wanted an excuse to post this.

? ! Imma go home and cuss my son OUT behind this ? !
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options

LMAO!!!! Listen to the cry at the end... LMAO!!!
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO these lil ? out here beastin
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options

Lil ? sounded like the lion off the Wizard of OZ
  • jbrooks229
    jbrooks229 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    1st know that Linebackers are on the defense. The words you heard are more than likely code words for "it's going to be a run" or just about anything.

Playing Defense>>>>>>anything on offense IMO

but offense gets all the glory

tell you sons coach let him play the skill positions on defense... it builds his quick twitch muscles at a young age then hell be able to play where he wants when he gets bigger
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

LMAO Dead* @ the cry !
  • ms.jones
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jbrooks229 wrote: »

tell you sons coach let him play the skill positions on defense... it builds his quick twitch muscles at a young age then hell be able to play where he wants when he gets bigger

Explain this to me so I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when I approach him...
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jbrooks229 wrote: »

offense sells tickets, defense wins games
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Explain this to me so I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when I approach him...

Skilled Defensive positions... Linebacker, which he already plays, Cornerbacks, cover wide receivers, Safety, cover long pass situations and run if linebackers miss assignments...

But there are a lot of variables that can dicate where your boy is played. Let the coach do his thing first, don't be "that" parent especially since your new to the game. That could ? up his chances to get the exposure and reps need to get good. He'll ? around a sit the boy cause he don't ? with you! Give the coach time to mold him, you continue to learn the game...
  • ChiefyB
    ChiefyB Members Posts: 116
    edited August 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    offense sells tickets, defense wins games

lol yo boyfriend told u dat????