What/Who gives the Bible it's Authority?

Options
13»

Comments

• bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jazz93 wrote: »
    Did you know that studies show that the more intelligent someone is the less likely they are to believe in Jesus or any other man made Gods? I intensely studied Christianity my entire life, even Supreme Court documents. I have deeply studied Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, Buddhism and Christianity. I have recently started studying Jainism and that is an interesting religion. If you can study religions without emotions, fear or biases, it is very eye-opening.

I have also lightly studied Allah and his teachings. I study for my own knowledge and enlightenment, and the results are the same.

But there are those that are afraid of someone like you. If the Christians had their way you would be stoned.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? gives the Bible it's authority because it is His word.

"For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89

The constant attacks on it have been fueled by satan for thousands of years, but yet the Bible is still here today. Glorfiy ? my brother and praise His holy name!

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our ? stands forever."
    Isaiah 40:8

No other book has withstood the test of time like the Bible has. Nothing can defeat it. Nobody can stop it from accomplishing it's purpose. And no one can succeed in getting rid of it. People have tried to destroy it but have utterly failed time and time again. Now their carcasses are rotting, while the word of ? is still enduring to this very moment and will continue to endure for all eternity. Praise ? !

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."
    Matthew 24:35

What proof do you have that it's ? 's word?

Link?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What proof do you have that it's ? 's word?

Link?

This is the point that separates believers from non-believers. If you choose to not have faith, then so be it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    coachrob wrote: »
    Wow, you all are intitled to your views on ? . But to challenge the Bible is to challenge your own place in society. Pretty much everything that surrounds us today stems from the structure thas was passed down through the many great civilizations that spanned the Bible. The political and religious mix that was born out of Constantinople laid much of the ground work for all socieites and the influence of Christianity in those societies.

Now, as to Jesus Christ, history supports the crucifiction. Also, many diciples were given the chance to recant what they had seen as far as Christ rising. Even under circumstances of death they didn't recant their accounts. The Bible is Holy and inspired by ? . If you have never felt Gods presence then I do not expect you to understand. I will just check for you at the day of judgement. Imma pass you a cup of ice water for your trip down the elevator.

You're right, the Bible has influenced many things in our modern day world.......things like slavery, genocide, and stealing land from our neighbors are amongst them.

I forgot though, these things have existed even before the Bible was made up, I mean written.

So really, the Bible hasn't done anything for the world, except spread evil and encourage negative behavior, like treating women as second class citizens and keeping slaves.

If that's the book you're really proud of, I'll mail you a copy of Mein Kemp some day.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    This is the point that separates believers from non-believers. If you choose to not have faith, then so be it.

I'd rather worship Satan himself than believe in a book that supports slavery. The Bible can suck on my big, Black ? , ? that ? book.

Besides, if worshipping the Devil is good for Lebron James and Jay-Z, it might be good for me too.

Illuminati, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd rather worship Satan himself than believe in a book that supports slavery. The Bible can suck on my big, Black ? , ? that ? book.

Besides, if worshipping the Devil is good for Lebron James and Jay-Z, it might be good for me too.

Illuminati, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're thinking on the right track!!!!!!!!!

The devil keeps you caked up and knee deep in ? !
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you know that studies show that the more intelligent someone is the less likely they are to believe in Jesus or any other man made Gods? I intensely studied Christianity my entire life, even Supreme Court documents. I have deeply studied Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, Buddhism and Christianity. I have recently started studying Jainism and that is an interesting religion. If you can study religions without emotions, fear or biases, it is very eye-opening.

I have also lightly studied Allah and his teachings. I study for my own knowledge and enlightenment, and the results are the same.

Yep......no surprise here. I believe in a higher power, but not the bloodthirsty, homicidal maniac known as the Biblical ? .

Anyone who still thinks the Biblical ? is real is a bit of a......um......I better not say it here.

I'm trying to be less judgemental as I get older.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now you're thinking on the right track!!!!!!!!!

The devil keeps you caked up and knee deep in ? !

What better joy can I have in life?

**Prays to Satan Jay-Z style while raising 3 fingers from each hand, and 3 toes from my right foot**
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yep......no surprise here. I believe in a higher power, but not the bloodthirsty, homicidal maniac known as the Biblical ? .

Anyone who still thinks the Biblical ? is real is a bit of a......um......I better not say it here.

I'm trying to be less judgemental as I get older.

What are your thoughts on other religions? Like Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism?
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What are your thoughts on other religions? Like Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism?

I myself am a Buddhist, but I (and most religious experts) consider it more a philosophy than a religion. The Buddha was more or less an atheist, and he never emphasized any relationship with ? . He rightly said a relationship with ? is impossible, since it is so one sided and "? " seems to want nothing to do with this world.

I do believe in a higher power though, but I'm not sure if it's one ? or a billion of them. Who really knows for sure? If there is one ? though, that ? for a fact is half evil and half good. Kind of funny though that the Bible itself admits that ? is half evil and half good. Read Isiah 45:7......it makes very clear the Lord has brought good and evil onto this world equally........one of the few things I agree with the Bible on.

As far as my views on other religions, it's all ? . All of it. Man made superstitions meant to control a population or justify evil ? like slavery.......nothing more, nothing less. I have a total lack of respect for all religions, Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism are all trash as far as I'm concerned.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I myself am a Buddhist, but I (and most religious experts) consider it more a philosophy than a religion. The Buddha was more or less an atheist, and he never emphasized any relationship with ? . He rightly said a relationship with ? is impossible, since it is so one sided and "? " seems to want nothing to do with this world.

I do believe in a higher power though, but I'm not sure if it's one ? or a billion of them. Who really knows for sure? If there is one ? though, that ? for a fact is half evil and half good. Kind of funny though that the Bible itself admits that ? is half evil and half good. Read Isiah 45:7......it makes very clear the Lord has brought good and evil onto this world equally........one of the few things I agree with the Bible on.

As far as my views on other religions, it's all ? . All of it. Man made superstitions meant to control a population or justify evil ? like slavery.......nothing more, nothing less. I have a total lack of respect for all religions, Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism are all trash as far as I'm concerned.

No wonder you think the bible is bs, you can't even comprehend Isaiah 45:7. You do know that 'evil' does have different definitions and in Isaiah it isn't speaking of 'evil' as in bad man evil man sinner. You do know that right?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    No wonder you think the bible is bs, you can't even comprehend Isaiah 45:7. You do know that 'evil' does have different definitions and in Isaiah it isn't speaking of 'evil' as in bad man evil man sinner. You do know that right?

That may not be why he thinks it's BS. I call ? on the bible being truly divine and I know it fairly well.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That may not be why he thinks it's BS. I call ? on the bible being truly divine and I know it fairly well.

If he cannot figure out what Isaiah 45:7 means then he cannot figure out the rest.

No one can simply just look at a verse and say everything about it, you must study the chapter then do verse references. Use a dictionary as well, as I do. I use a dictionary for many words, even the most simple words. It's all to make sure I completely understand the meaning of whatever I am reading.

Why do you think it's bs to be 'truly divine'?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If he cannot figure out what Isaiah 45:7 means then he cannot figure out the rest.

No one can simply just look at a verse and say everything about it, you must study the chapter then do verse references. Use a dictionary as well, as I do. I use a dictionary for many words, even the most simple words. It's all to make sure I completely understand the meaning of whatever I am reading.

Why do you think it's bs to be 'truly divine'?

Because their are hundreds if not thousands of books proclaiming the same thing. Each have truths inside of them and each give perfect explanations to everything using the ? theory. For me to say the bible is completely true and divine and to subjugate myself to one ? while dismissing all the other books as fraudulent would be an ignorant assessment.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because their are hundreds if not thousands of books proclaiming the same thing. Each have truths inside of them and each give perfect explanations to everything using the ? theory. For me to say the bible is completely true and divine and to subjugate myself to one ? while dismissing all the other books as fraudulent would be an ignorant assessment.

Did any other '? theory' have a Son of ? ? A Son of ? that was ? ? Not only that, died for EVERYONE'S sins? A ? that doesn't contradict it's own beliefs?

**also I read an article that traced us all the way back to ONE woman. I can't exactly remember what it was that was traced but we all "came from ONE woman".

Find that odd enough that "MIGHT" be Eve? (I use might in your case)
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did any other '? theory' have a Son of ? ? A Son of ? that was ? ? Not only that, died for EVERYONE'S sins? A ? that doesn't contradict it's own beliefs?

Yes, there are quite a few where Son's of Gods are born. And yes that son also was in fact a ? . Most notably Horus.

And yes, there are other religions using the method you use to explain your contradictions are flawless.

As for dying for everyones sins no. But outside of the bible there is nothing indicating that ever happened, so why would that change anything.

That is like another religions follower asking you, "well is there any other books in which ? can be seen?"
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, there are quite a few where Son's of Gods are born. And yes that son also was in fact a ? . Most notably Horus.

And yes, there are other religions using the method you use to explain your contradictions are flawless.

As for dying for everyones sins no. But outside of the bible there is nothing indicating that ever happened, so why would that change anything.

That is like another religions follower asking you, "well is there any other books in which ? can be seen?"

Okay I knew about Horus and all just wanted to see if there was more.

So none of these guys died for anyone? Interesting, guess that's what makes Christianity what it is then right?

Funny though all those are called, "myths". Even the whole AAT is a "myth". I have never heard anyone call my bible a myth. Strangely enough they actually try to debate it and they really try to debate the non-essential things.

"Well, is there any other books in which ? can be seen". If I'm correct, can't all those other religions SEE their ? (s)? Or worship objects they THINK are ? (s)?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay I knew about Horus and all just wanted to see if there was more.

Yes, there were a good bit more.
    So none of these guys died for anyone? Interesting, guess that's what makes Christianity what it is then right?

Right a story. If it didn't have different things in it it wouldn't be a different version. So again, why does it make yours right and other books without it wrong? If there was actual proof it happened, then that would be the case, but as with the divine doings in books, there is none, so they all should be true by your belief system of faith.
    Funny though all those are called, "myths". Even the whole AAT is a "myth". I have never heard anyone call my bible a myth. Strangely enough they actually try to debate it and they really try to debate the non-essential things.

They are called myths by Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Jews etc... If you believe one holy book all others will be a myth to you. Terrible Argument.
    "Well, is there any other books in which ? can be seen". If I'm correct, can't all those other religions SEE their ? (s)? Or worship objects they THINK are ? (s)?

No you're wrong. Allah cannot be seen by anyone but Muhammad.Anshar cannot be seen, Baal cannot be seen, Horus could not be seen, Osiris, Isis, I could go on. And none of them are depicted as objects that are worshiped.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

The bible WAS NOT witnessed by people that witnessed acts of Jesus or ? . It is a made up story. A creation. Did you know that outside of the Bible their IS NO PROOF that Jesus ever existed? Their were thousands of Historians that documented everything that happened during the "time of Jesus." Not one of them documented a fiqure that went around healing the sick, walking on water, performing miracles and feeding 5k people with a few loaves and 2 fish. WTH?

I challenge anyone to show me a documented Historian(s) that wrote about a figure known as Jesus. You Can't. And please don't quote Josephus. That tiny paragraph has been proven thousands of times to be a forgery. Don't worry, I'll wait....

Yet I can give over a 1000 religions, starting with the Egyptians, that all share an alarming similarity with the story of Jesus. If you study the Egyptian religion it seems like the story of Jesus was damn near plagiarized.
    Did you know that studies show that the more intelligent someone is the less likely they are to believe in Jesus or any other man made Gods? .

Cosign..............................