So there were chapters removed from the bible?

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I made this thread a few days ago but I guess it was deleted. Ive heard that there are chapters that are suppose to be in the bible, but they have been removed. Has there been an explanation for this and what do these chapters talk about. Could someone direct me to a website or book that goes more in depth about this topic

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lost Gospels go look for em aint hard to find.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes there are chapters missing, but their message is still contained in the chapters that are included

No not really. Have you read the lost gospels? Some is the same yes, most is not.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Way back in the day, the church had a meeting. They thought, "okay, all these different writings and such, this ? luck of a religion isn't working anymore, we need one book as a foundation, something that will be the "official" religion". So they put the word out that everyone should send in their writings and believed to be ? inspired works, and that the church would deliberate on which ones stayed, and which ones got burned as heresy. Everyone sent in their stuff, the church voted and burned and what we have now is the one book of "the word of ? ".

So it's not so much they were removed as they were deemed unworthy and never added in the first place. Unless of course you are referring to the apocrypha of the kjv, which can be found online. But then again, the church did have their deceptive hands on all the original texts, so who really knows for sure what books and verses have or have not been tampered with. They weren't out to enlighten the people, so they more than likely took out the really informative pieces and left the obscure esoteric parts to the unlearned who would more than likely miss the point entirely anyway.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm starting to see what someone meant, when they said that you don't really want any/seek any information nor wisdom nor Enlightenment, when you create these threads;

you're just looking for vehicles to mock ? and Spirituality...I hope your place in the Lake Of Fire, brings you the eternal heat you seek

Dude is actually pretty smart on religion. You just don't get the concept behind most of his threads.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh I get the concepts, every time. You just don't realize that, because you rep for Satan;

you have no problem with his antics.

No really, you don't get the meaning behind his threads.

And yea... I'm a satanist priest. Actually the Anti-Christ... and?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dude is actually pretty smart on religion. You just don't get the concept behind most of his threads.

Tis only I who knows the secret behind his threads. Not to many left who post here who may of heard or recall why and how he posts the things he posts.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tis only I who knows the secret behind his threads. Not to many left who post here who may of heard or recall why and how he posts the things he posts.

Aye.... this is a AB conversation C your way up out it. You bout to make 2012 mad.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nothing to get mad over. I see the meaning behind his threads, and they don't anger me, nor does it anger for anyone to come ranting that I don't see his intent.

Since I expose his idiocy, it's obvious that I see his intent.

but of course you all choose to claim I don't see the meaning of his threads, because of your disdain for me and your satanic urge to always want to post something (-) toward me. But, I'm fine with that.

You're a genius. You should expose the Illuminati next. How you were able to figure out Me, Ether, and BA were satanists is astonishing, good job bro.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No credit is due, here. I didn't figure out anything because I didn't have to, since you made it very plain.

You waddle in it, daily, just like Satan instructed you.

We're all three related somehow also.... do you know how?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I read that chapters depicting Jesus as a mortal were deliberately kept out of the bible, so as to ensure that he would be seen as a holy deity rather than a simple prophet. Making Jesus appear godly apparently had to be done to consolidate power and guarantee that man would view the Vatican as the sole source of accessing him.

At least that's what Ive read.

This pretty much started happening after The Da Vinci Code, in widespread format anyway.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    This pretty much started happening after The Da Vinci Code, in widespread format anyway.

The Da Vinci code really exposed it, the the Gospels that say it have been around since the books were selected. There are quite a few things in the Da Vinci code that are real. But like 2012, they like to add their own options into the other 80% of the story.
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Da Vinci code really exposed it, the the Gospels that say it have been around since the books were selected. There are quite a few things in the Da Vinci code that are real. But like 2012, they like to add their own options into the other 80% of the story.

Oh, I'm not disputing that some of the concepts are real, just that people REALLY got to talking about it after the book was released and it got worse as it got sold as a movie.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh, I'm not disputing that some of the concepts are real, just that people REALLY got to talking about it after the book was released and it got worse as it got sold as a movie.

Well in fairness most people don't go around reading thousand year old books on the regular outside of the bible, Quran, etc..

There's still millions of Christians who have no idea those gospels even exist. It's sort of like the Illuminati only true. No one ever knows about em about one person searched lil wayne on youtube and wondered what "RUN! LIL WAYNE DEVIL ILLUMINATED 666 EXPOSED ? MY LIFE" was.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Lol @ some Christian with the name it's over: 2012 pointing the finger accusing me of mocking your ? . Oh you bearer of false witnesses.
    I guess you don't believe that whole returning like a thief in the night ? either, so you mock your messiah with your online screen name.

Oh, he's a very luke-warm scc.

Don't let his posts fool you.

In other threads such as Roc the Mic he curses up storms and uses 'fighting' words. Then when it comes to here, he puts on a front. Dude's cloak is so easy to see through.

He'll rant and rave about devil this and that, you're this and that. Boo hoo for him, he see's everyone elses problems but his own. He thinks he is a scc, but he knows he isn't. His luke warm excuse is that he's just human and not perfect so that gives him the benefit of the doubt to run around being a hypocrite.

What he says to you easily applies to himself.

Now, we will see him say he's being 'attacked' and it's okay because we 'devils' have nothing on him and ? will see him through, only thing though? ? doesn't see the wicked. It's over for 2012, his little charade is old and now seriously not even worthy of speaking of after this.
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Oh, he's a very luke-warm scc.

Don't let his posts fool you.

In other threads such as Roc the Mic he curses up storms and uses 'fighting' words. Then when it comes to here, he puts on a front. Dude's cloak is so easy to see through.

He'll rant and rave about devil this and that, you're this and that. Boo hoo for him, he see's everyone elses problems but his own. He thinks he is a scc, but he knows he isn't. His luke warm excuse is that he's just human and not perfect so that gives him the benefit of the doubt to run around being a hypocrite.

What he says to you easily applies to himself.

Now, we will see him say he's being 'attacked' and it's okay because we 'devils' have nothing on him and ? will see him through, only thing though? ? doesn't see the wicked. It's over for 2012, his little charade is old and now seriously not even worthy of speaking of after this.

Indeed. Then when faced with coherent, verifiable, FACTS, he ducks discussions. Oh wait, you and I must have bandied together to focus our negative energy on him now.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Indeed. Then when faced with coherent, verifiable, FACTS, he ducks discussions. Oh wait, you and I must have bandied together to focus our negative energy on him now.

he is a funny dude lol.........He'll grow out of it hopefullly lol
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    he is a funny dude lol.........He'll grow out of it hopefullly lol

LOL its hilarious watching him furiously type out some of these responses. ? doesnt even make sense sometimes.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you play in the ? you're bound to smell like it.
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited August 2010
    Options
    what proof of this is there? people would just LOVE for the bible to be proven false, the da vinci code is fiction people, why is it so hard to accept this?
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    what proof of this is there? people would just LOVE for the bible to be proven false, the da vinci code is fiction people, why is it so hard to accept this?

Well I think its not hard to differentiate between a work of fiction and a work of fiction that has "some" facts to create the work itself.
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well I think its not hard to differentiate between a work of fiction and a work of fiction that has "some" facts to create the work itself.

when was the bible officially proven as false?
  • tri3w
    edited August 2010
    Options

i was under the impresssion that None of it was Correct,......he used misused Quotes, realinged Historical timelines, and even flat out made ? up............
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    when was the bible officially proven as false?

I never said it was. Where did you get this notion from?
  • tri3w
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL its hilarious watching him furiously type out some of these responses. ? doesnt even make sense sometimes.

lol it doesnt..........then sometoimes went he aint rambnlin he does
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    i was under the impresssion that None of it was Correct,

No, tha Da Vinci Code had alot of truth in it. The hidden passages in D.C., The paintings symbolizing G.Washington as a ? , the Washington ? statues, the lost gospels, the secret rooms in multiple buildings.

It just added a story to fit these things.