Finally someone has said it on wax[marriage related]

Options

Comments

• Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Marriage is a contract, and like all contract service is rendered for something in return. Problem i have is as a man i don't see what we get in return, the day is all about the woman, the house and picket fence is about the woman,etc. I like my life simple as hell, paper work complicates everything, i don't even use credit cards, that's how much i am not into commitments.

Military is a setup with that ? , i know alotta ? that got shacked up just for that check
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how did I know YOUR ass would be in here? lol

Bwahaha. Hello to you too. There are 3 women I'd give up all of my beliefs on marriage for, and you're one of them. U mad?

*Crosses fangas*
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I can relate, especially to what he started off saying.
    I, a woman, feel absolutely no pressure to get married so he really shouldn't generalize women as if we all view marriage identically.
    My perception is different than many when it comes to the entire concept of marriage, I don't see it in my future and that is my choice. A woman being opposed to marriage shouldn't be viewed in a negative light but many old heads see it as "Every woman wants to get married." Well, exclude me from that as I cannot share those sentiments.

I do not feel the dire need for marriage, it does not define the fabric of a relationship nor does it justify the friendship and partnership me and my man have built.
    The two people involved make a relationship what it is, not a label.

The wedding lasts a day, the "marriage" a lifetime but in these days many prepare for this extravagant hour instead of continuing to grow and build on what really matters, the factors which brought you to that day.

The focus on "marriage" and the lack of respect for relationships is lost. Remember, a relationship does not begin the day after the wedding and many seem to forget that which is why they vow to do better ONCE marriage is involved. So only once there are legal documents involved should I take my man and what we have seriously? SMH x 10!!

I know couples who are not married and yet they have healthier relationships and have a closer bond and share more love, respect and understanding of and for each other than many couples who have walked down that aisle.

Just the same as not all people are built to have and raise children, marriage is not built for all walks of life and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Accept it and don't involve yourself with those who cannot understand your ideals.
    jdturk.gif

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Rell Mayne wrote: »
    Military is a setup with that ? , i know alotta ? that got shacked up just for that check

Saw it all the time, mfs get married to live off base and get the benefits, then dudes go on tour and their wives hit up the clubs and get ran through. Marriage is a ? joke, it's pretty much a tool for alot of women to flash in other womens face or they use it to confirm their worthiness.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    it doesnt benefit women either

Well ask Michael Jordan, Mel Gibson, & Tiger Woods ex-wives and then get back with me on that
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only saying that this ? 's statement isn't exactly revolutionary news. Women have been saying this just as long as some men have. That's why books are my friends, and why I like learning.

not many were saying it, it was small minority. It wasn't the the consensus. That's like taking quotes from Marcus Garvey and saying black people have been saying that blacks should go back to Africa, when really it was just the word of one or a few nutty ? .
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol at you ? thinking some unfortunate ? out there want to marry you.
    *rolls eyes*

no one is forcing you to marry so ? and live your bachelor life.
  • DarcSkies
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    lol at you ? thinking some unfortunate bitch out there want to marry you.
    *rolls eyes*
    lmao!....................
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    At the end of the day...its idealistic at best to think you're going to meet one person that will curb your desire to be with other people.

U put a ring on a chick's fingers and then comes contempt, familiarity, boredom and complacency. Forget paperwork and a contract, what happened to Love is just Love.

If I love you for 15 yrs and then wake up and dont feel the same, either party should be able to walk away with out feeling bound by a legal document to hold on based on everything EXCEPT for their FEELINGS.

IM not bashing marriage... its a mentality most people have been brought up and bred to think is normal. Im just not into convincing myself that me and this woman will never grow apart. Again think how many friends you've had forever and then one day...ur different people. Same ? , different toilet
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    lol at you ? thinking some unfortunate ? out there want to marry you.
    *rolls eyes*

no one is forcing you to marry so ? and live your bachelor life.

Nah... people have the idea that if you dont want to marry you have some psychological issue (can't commint or my fave "YOU dont really love me") and some women will throw away an otherwise good relationship ova that ? .

So dont say there is no pressure.
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well ask Michael Jordan, Mel Gibson, & Tiger Woods ex-wives and then get back with me on that

why y'all broke ? always using some rich mofos as a measuring stick like that's gonna be your reality too. dem rich mofos wanna marry women who dont make money like them and/or stop these women from making money as some kind of control tactic and it backfires.

the average couple who is equally yoked dont even have to deal with no kind of ? remotely close to that. nobody benefits from that ?
  • DarcSkies
    edited September 2010
    Options
    why y'all broke ? always using some rich mofos as a measuring stick like that's gonna be your reality too. dem rich mofos wanna marry women who dont make money like them and/or stop these women from making money as some kind of control tactic and it backfires.

the average couple who is equally yoked dont even have to deal with no kind of ? remotely close to that. nobody benefits from that ?
    Actually when both people are "Evenly yoked" they are more likely to divorce. CDC Report I read....they are also less happy as parents.

BUt please....do go on.
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Actually when both people are "Evenly yoked" they are more likely to divorce. CDC Report I read....they are also less happy as parents.

BUt please....do go on.

I understand that. but they dont have to deal with huge payouts of alimony.....like dude was referencing. that's my point.
  • willhustle
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I understand that. but they dont have to deal with huge payouts of alimony.....like dude was referencing. that's my point.

Yeah you right but still if dude ain't sign no prenup beforehand I don't care if you rich or broke the judge gone make a dude split half of whatever they had during the marriage.
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah you right but still if dude ain't sign no prenup beforehand I don't care if you rich or broke the judge gone make a dude split half of whatever they had during the marriage.

ummm but if they are coming in EQUALLY yoked and they are splitting half......

I'll wait til you get a calculator. SMH
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options

Ok. So u think a regular dude on a budget can afford to pay a ? ? ? just see the word "million" and get Hype.

Jordan and Tiger can afford to pay millions... Joe blow would have to cut back and curb his lifestyle to afford givin up 500 a month. So who u feelin sorry for?

The rich ? ? Pleez
  • Fooley
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ummm but if they are coming in EQUALLY yoked and they are splitting half......

I'll wait til you get a calculator. SMH

most relationships aren't evenly yoked because generally women want men who make more than them. Gold digging is an inherent quality in these ? .
  • willhustle
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Ok. So u think a regular dude on a budget can afford to pay a ? ? ? just see the word "million" and get Hype.

Jordan and Tiger can afford to pay millions... Joe blow would have to cut back and curb his lifestyle to afford givin up 500 a month. So who u feelin sorry for?

The rich ? ? Pleez

The bold is basically what I've been trying to tell shorty.
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    most relationships aren't evenly yoked because generally women want men who make more than them. Gold digging is an inherent quality in these ? .

but women aint proposing to men. men for the most part pursue women. most men do not pursue women who are their equals because that is harder for them to control. black women who make a decent living dont have the luxury of being gold-digger because we generally make more money.

so these gold digging chicks that you speak of are usually low budget chicks that some men choose to pursue for ego boosting purposes and/control... yet you dont want the responsibility of maintaining her? cant have it both ways bruh

try pursuing your EQUAL... not lower... not higher... your equal
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The bold is basically what I've been trying to tell shorty.

joe Blow dont have to give up $500 a month to a chick who makes relatively the same. What regular Joe Blow divorced dude you know is paying alimony. please dont tell me about child support either. that's another matter
  • DarcSkies
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I see...

BASED?
    but women aint proposing to men.
    She got yall there. If u dont wanna pay alimony either have her sign a pre-nup or dont get married.

Counter-point?
  • Fooley
    edited September 2010
    Options
    but women aint proposing to men. men for the most part pursue women. most men do not pursue women who are their equals because that is harder for them to control. black women who make a decent living dont have the luxury of being gold-digger because we generally make more money.

so these gold digging chicks that you speak of are usually low budget chicks that some men choose to pursue for ego boosting purposes and/control... yet you dont want the responsibility of maintaining her? cant have it both ways bruh

If they wanted to control the woman, they wouldn't marry them. Marrying the woman only increases her power in the relationship. And what you said is another example of ? being gold diggers. Women normally won't marry down[financially], they want men who make more than them which tells me it's all about money. Men normally marry for love, women marry for financial stability. And Ill acknowledge your point, them ? stupid. There ain't no way in hell I'm ever getting married. All that aside though, that still doesn't justify these ? pandering laws.
  • Fooley
    edited September 2010
    Options

explain this to me. Are you insinuating that only someone who makes as much or more money as you qualify as being your equal. Another example of this inherent gold digging quality in these ? . Listen to what these hoes say. in so many words, they tell you they ain't nothing but gold digging ? .
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If they wanted to control the woman, they wouldn't marry them. Marrying the woman only increases her power in the relationship. And what you said is another example of ? being gold diggers. Women normally won't marry down, they want men who make more than them which tells me it's all about money. Men normally marry for love, women marry for financial stability. And Ill acknowledge your point, them ? stupid. There ain't no way in hell I'm ever getting married. All that aside though, that still doesn't justify these ? pandering laws.

stop singing on that old ? that aint been true for the last 60 or so years. what women you know is marrying up? we barely can find our equal much less up. you making up excuses bruh... tell the truth and cut the ?

chicks is already financially stable what are you talking about. we buying our own houses, cars and stacking paper long before we 30 and y'all duides cant even get your FICO score up .

cut it out
  • Coby Vibes
    edited September 2010
    Options
    explain this to me. Are you insinuating that only someone who makes as much or more money as you qualify as being your equal. Another example of this inherent gold digging quality in these ? . Listen to what these hoes say. in so many words, they tell you they ain't nothing but gold digging ? .

aint this whole thread about money? I didnt make it that way... check the ? you said. y'all dudes is by far more money obsessed than women. y'all put your manhood on that ? . when a chick will work with a struggling brother all the time. your insecurities is showing