edited September 2010
    Options
    all eyez on me just did it for me i love that album both are dope
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gak7 wrote: »
    why do people still continue to make pac vs biggie polls when biggie keeps getting destroyed ?

face it..tupac destroys biggie in ever single way...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All Eyes On Me....it had everythin covered

LAD dope but i feel it was ruined by Puff
  • thesynthesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Picture Me Rollin seals the deal for me, i bump that ? to this day....
  • UK_FTW
    UK_FTW Members Posts: 412
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Those 2 songs were wack . Mo Money mo probs became popular because it was one of those songs forced to u . I love the dough was wack imo. Good verses but the beat was horrible song was just average at best

that beat was flames imo

bars and flow from big were on point "it's unreal, out the blue frank white got sex appeal, ? used to go ewwww, still tote steel, tryna see 5mill of a single for real"

GTFOH
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    UK_FTW wrote: »
    that beat was flames imo

bars and flow from big were on point "it's unreal, out the blue frank white got sex appeal, ? used to go ewwww, still tote steel, tryna see 5mill of a single for real"

GTFOH

so in other words big is saying that Christopher Walken is sexy? ok gottcha.
  • slugproof
    slugproof Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so in other words big is saying that Christopher Walken is sexy? ok gottcha.

Please tell me this is a joke. Big called him self Frank White, just like Pac called himself Makeveli.

Anyway, I go with LAD, just because I felt some concepts were better, like ? Bleed, IMO the best story ever in rap, 10 ? Commandments, Somebody Gotta Die. Lyrically the album> AEOM.

However, I must say Pac went off on Ambitionz...probably a top 5 rap song ever from a lyrical standpoint.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Life After Death cause in my view, Biggie was more skillful throughout his double disc than Pac. Biggie took more chances by not limiting himself to one style. "All Eyes On Me" is a westcoast style album, that's it. You can't say the same for "LAD" which has styles from every single region including Westcoast, South and Midwest along with the East. "Life After Death" was also the better produced album. Biggie had Rza (Of Wu Tang), DJ Premier (Of Gangstarr), Kay Gee (Of Naughty By Nature) Easy Mo Bee, Havoc (Of Mobb Deep), Buckwild (of D.I.T.C), Chucky Thompson, Clark Kent, And the Hitmen (D.Dot, Stevie J, Diddy, Nashiem Mavrick and Carlos Brody). Where as "All Eyes On Me" was mostly produced by 2 people, Johnny J and Daz. Biggie had better callabos from Jay Z, Bone Thugs, Lil Kim, Too Short, The Lox, Ma$e and Puffy. As Well as RnB artist 112, R. Kelly, Faith and Carl Thomas. "AEOM" had Outlaws, Method Man and Redman, Dogg Pound, Dr. Dre, Snoop, E-40, Big Syke, Rappin 4 tay, V-bo, Napolian and singing from Roger Troutman, George Clinton, Nate Dogg, Danny Boy, Storm, Kci and JoJo, and Jewells. Pac's album was too callabo heavy and made the album feel more like a compliation.

Where "Life After Death" truely succeeds is Biggie was extremely versitle on the album. Storytelling, Club Tracks, Deep/Emotional/Spirital Tracks, ? Street Tracks, Beef tracks, RnB Tracks, Westcoast tracks, Midwest Tracks, Southern Tracks. I believe "All Eyes On Me" has the bangers no doubt but "LAD" had slightly more which is why it's replay value is very strong till this day. Also Lyrically and flow wise, Biggie shinned better. Again Both 5 Mics for sure but Biggie did it better, his album was more thoughtout and cohesive since it took 1 yr 1/2 to create it. It wasn't just something that was thrown together in the studio. Biggie's team treated the album like an Epic Motion Picture so each song really shines through. On the 24 track LP, the only songs that were average were "Another" but that was for the girls and they love that song as well as "Nasty Boy" another track for the ladies. "Playa Hater" was a joke so it can't be taken seriously. The Rest of the LP is damn near flawless. Pac had way to many callabos, Biggie gave you more solo songs.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    slugproof wrote: »
    Please tell me this is a joke. Big called him self Frank White, just like Pac called himself Makeveli.

Anyway, I go with LAD, just because I felt some concepts were better, like ? Bleed, IMO the best story ever in rap, 10 ? Commandments, Somebody Gotta Die. Lyrically the album> AEOM.

However, I must say Pac went off on Ambitionz...probably a top 5 rap song ever from a lyrical standpoint.

i was joking guy.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Life After Death cause in my view, Biggie was more skillful throughout his double disc than Pac. Biggie took more chances by not limiting himself to one style. "All Eyes On Me" is a westcoast style album, that's it. You can't say the same for "LAD" which has styles from every single region including Westcoast, South and Midwest along with the East. "Life After Death" was also the better produced album. Biggie had Rza (Of Wu Tang), DJ Premier (Of Gangstarr), Kay Gee (Of Naughty By Nature) Easy Mo Bee, Havoc (Of Mobb Deep), Buckwild (of D.I.T.C), Chucky Thompson, Clark Kent, And the Hitmen (D.Dot, Stevie J, Diddy, Nashiem Mavrick and Carlos Brody). Biggie had callabos from Jay Z, Bone Thugs, Lil Kim, Too Short, The Lox, Ma$e and Puffy. As Well as RnB artist 112, R. Kelly, Faith and Carl Thomas

Where "Life After Death" truely succeeds is Biggie was extremely versitle on the album. Storytelling, Club Tracks, Deep/Emotional/Spirital Tracks, ? Street Tracks, Beef tracks, RnB Tracks, Westcoast tracks, Midwest Tracks, Southern Tracks. I believe "All Eyes On Me" has the bangers no doubt but "LAD" had slightly more which is why it's replay value is very strong till this day. Also Lyrically and flow wise, Biggie shinned better. Again Both 5 Mics for sure but Biggie did it better, his album was more thoughtout and cohesive since it took 1 1/2 to create it. It wasn't just something that was thrown together in the studio. Biggie's team treated the album like an Epic Motion Picture so each song really shines through. On the 24 track LP, the only songs that were average were "Another" but that was for the girls and they love that song as well as "Nasty Boy" another track for the ladies. "Playa Hater" was a joke so it can't be taken seriously. The Rest of the LP is damn near flawless. Pac had way to many callabos, Biggie gave you more solo songs.

lol.................
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    it didnt have as much singles as all eyes on me

True, but "LAD" singles did better than "All Eyes On Me" singles overall:

Hypnotize
    Mo Money, Mo Problems
    Sky's The Limit
    Goin Back To Cali (B-side Single)

(Both F*ckin U Tonight and Notorious Thugs charted even though they weren't singles)

Pac had 6 singles and only 2 of them did well and that was cause "California Love/How Do You Wanit" was one big ? single.
    Life after death, it felt more like an "Album"

I agree, "AEOM" had so many callabos that it felt more like a showcase or complation. "LAD" had a theme and story behind it, it's the more cohiesive album.

gak7 wrote: »
    why do people still continue to make pac vs biggie polls when biggie keeps getting destroyed ?

face it..tupac destroys biggie in ever single way...

If that was true then why did "LAD" outsell "AEOM"?, I guess Pac didn't beat Big in that way, lol.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    True, but "LAD" singles did better than "All Eyes On Me" singles overall:

Hypnotize
    Mo Money, Mo Problems
    Sky's The Limit
    Goin Back To Cali (B-side Single)

(Both F*ckin U Tonight and Notorious Thugs charted even though they weren't singles)

Pac had 6 singles and only 2 of them did well and that was cause "California Love/How Do You Wanit" was one big ? single.

I agree, "AEOM" had so many callabos that it felt more like a showcase or complation. "LAD" had a theme and story behind, it's the more cohiesive album.

If that was true then why did "LAD" outsell "AEOM"?, I guess Pac didn't beat Big in that way, lol.

it didnt......
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol.................

Laughing does dispute what I presented. "LAD" was the better reviewed, More successful and just as influeinal as "AEOM". Big was also more lyrical, had a better flow and took way more chances with his album. The Production was better also.
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it didnt......

It's was in the guinness book of world records man. "Life After Death" was the 1st ? rap album to be certified Diamond. MC Hammer owns the Westcoast record for highest selling album over Pac. Biggie owns the Eastcoast record. It's common knowledge "LAD" sold more. Yes "AEOM" needs to be recertified but so does "LAD", it was last certified in Jan of 2000 almost 11 years ago. I'm sure "LAD" is atleast up to 12x Platinum or 13x Platinum by now. But yes, "AEOM" though only certified 9x Platinum is definitly Diamond by now and it needs to be updated.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Laughing does dispute what I presented. "LAD" was the better reviewed, More successful and just as influeinal as "AEOM". Big was also more lyrical, had a better flow and took way more chances with his album. The Production was better also.

i only typed that to ? with you.......if you like big better, good for you.....you should see if you can request a biggie fathead at fatheads.com though.....? would be scary at night
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I like Pac better all day but Life After Death was the better album
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's was in the guinness book of world records man. "Life After Death" was the 1st ? rap album to be certified Diamond. MC Hammer owns the Westcoast record for highest selling album over Pac. Biggie owns the Eastcoast record. It's common knowledge "LAD" sold more. Yes "AEOM" needs to be recertified but so does "LAD", it was last certified in Jan of 2000 almost 11 years ago. I'm sure "LAD" is atleast up to 12x Platinum or 13x Platinum by now. But yes, "AEOM" though only certified 9x Platinum is definitly Diamond by now and it needs to be updated.

all eyes on me sold only 10 million in the us but it sold 20 million outside the us......thats 30 million........lad did not do that........he has a big US following but cant beat pac in wordwide sales
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i only typed that to ? with you.......if you like big better, good for you.....you should see if you can request a biggie fathead at fatheads.com though.....? would be scary at night

Yes I do like Big better it's no secret but I give Pac props all day. He took a huge chance making a double album for a solo artist in the 1st place. I also love the album cause he came right out of jail and hit the studio. It's funny to think both "AEOM" and "Makaveli" were recorded in a combined 3 weeks. 3 LP's worth of Classic Material in 3 weeks, damn. With all that said, Biggie obviously heard both of those albums and went to the drawing board with "LAD" and made sure it was just a better put together album overall.

It's hard cause I guess it's a matter of preference. I'm Eastcoast born and raised but I got family who live out in Cali so I got the best of both worlds. Like I told you in another thread, I didn't let the beef stop me from enjoyin both of them. The only thing I will give Pac over Big as far as these albums is the 1st tracks. I loved "Somebody's go To Die", great way to open the album. But "Ambition of a Rydah" goes so damn hard, brillant way to start off an album.
  • thesynthesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sales figures don't matther both albums are classics

but pacs album has got better with time..for some reason bigs sounds dated...i owen both, however i've played pacs one to death (cd has scratches), that ive needed to go out and buy it 3 times in the last 10 years..

i felt bigs album was a little on the darkside, and somewhat confused...

i feel pacs album is a summer album, it captured that westcoast feel perfectly without sounding overly westcoast...

puffs voice is enough for me to skip a song...
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    UK_FTW wrote: »
    that beat was flames imo

GTFOH

You are entitled to your opinion. I though LAD was overrated . I think it would have been a classic if it was 1 cd filled with the best songs . Bars were great no doubt , but alot of the beats were just ok . And those 2 were bad IMO . But we can agree to disagree
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Life After Death....Pac had too many wack ass features
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a have to say All Eyes on Me was the better out of the two but both were great & classic albums in my opinion. I think on with Life after Death the 2nd Disc was a little flat and commercial to me but LAD had plenty of bangers on on the album like Kick in the Door, Hypnotize, I love the Dough w/Jay-z, I Got a Story to Tell, Ten ? Commandments, Notorious Thugs, & The World is Filled.

I just think AOEM was just a solid album from start to finish w/Ambitions as A Ridah, Scandalous, Trading War Stories, How do Ya Want It, Heartz of Men & California Love all on Disc 1. Disc 2 Pac came in and didn't let up either with Can't C Me, Check Out Time, Picture Me Rollin', All Eyes On Me, Shorty Wanna Be A Thug, & Wonda Why They call U ? .

Overall, my vote goes to Pac he just went in on that album that Death Row sound fit his music perfectly if you ask me.
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    all eyes on me sold only 10 million in the us but it sold 20 million outside the us......thats 30 million........lad did not do that........he has a big US following but cant beat pac in wordwide sales

Of course not, Pac was bigger worldwide. But the fact remains in Jan 2000 when Biggie got the Diamond award, Pac's album was not certified Diamond at the point some 4 years after he released the album. So not only did Biggie get a Platinum album before Pac (Ready To Die was certified Platinum before any Pac album had gone Platinum), he got a Diamond award before him too. Beside those little facts, Pac obviously got Big beat in overall sales and worldwide sales. Here's a test. Let's condense both albums to their very best songs so it would be 1 album. Name the Best 12 songs from Each Album. Here's mines:

LAD (In No Order)

1. 10 ? Commandments
    2. Hypnotize
    3. Kick In The Door
    4. Mo Money, Mo Problems
    5. Love The Dough
    6. ? Bleed
    7. What's Beef
    8. Long Kiss Goodnight
    9. My Downfall
    10. Sky's The Limit
    11. Notorious Thugs
    12. Your Nobody Till Somebody Kills You

(Honorable Mention: Somebody's Got to Die, I got a story to tell, Goin Back To Cali)

AEOM (In No Order)

1. Ambitions of a Rydah
    2. Americkaz's Most Wanted
    3. California Love
    4. I Ain't Mad At Cha
    5. All Eyes On Me
    6. Got My Mind Made Up
    7. No More Pain
    8. Picture Me Rollin
    9. All About U
    10. Life Goes On
    11. Heartz of Man
    12. How Do You Want It

(Honorable Mention: Skandalouz, Only ? Can Judge Me, When We Ride)
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options