How to judge the Fresh Produce Beat Battles

Options
Tha Killa
Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Fresh Produce
Round 1: Listen to the examples that I provide the competitors with and decide which competitor posted a beat that best follows the style that I give them. If I give them the prompt of "Rap-Rock", vote for the beat you think best fuses the two genres. If I ask them for "? Souf Cadillac Playa Music", vote for the beat that you can see yourself bumpin' in the whip on a Sunday drive in yo mama's 'Lac....etc. I'm always going explain what I'm looking for when I give the prompt, so I won't leave any room for confusion. Another criteria for judging this Round is: if you were/are a rapper, which beat could you see yourself writing to? If you can't imagine that, imagine your favorite MC writing to one of the beats, and decide which one is the more "writable" of the two.

Round 2: Listen to the acapella that I give them, and if you're not familiar with the song, listen to the original and then vote on which beat Remixes the song the best. Does the acapella mesh well with the beat? Does the Remix's beat fit as good or better than the original's? Last but not least, if you had to spend your last dollar on one of the Remixes, which of the two would be worth the price of admission?

Round 3: Listen to the sample I provide the competitors with and decide which of the two best flips it, and/or incorporates elements of the original sample into a new beat. Look to see how much, or how little they use of the sample, and decide which beat is better. Once again, another criteria for judging this Round is: if you were/are a rapper, which beat could you see yourself writing to? If you can't imagine that, imagine your favorite MC writing to one of the beats, and decide which one is the more "writable" of the two.

Once you follow these guidelines I've set out for judging the battles, when you're voting for who won each round, and who won the overall battle...here is one of the most important things we ask of you.....

EXPLAIN YOUR VOTES, AND HOW/WHY YOU CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU CAME TO!!!!!

It will be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.