How could we better Earth?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
How could we create a better Earth?

We have so much pollution and green house gases and we're accelerating 'global warming'. We're over populating earth calling for more food, water, homes and cars.

How can we live a better life for Earth? What type of ideas could we implement for cars to lessen pollution and dependability on gas? How can we make homes to lessen the destruction of our forests? How can we be more energy sufficient? What about 'population control'? What could we do to stop over population? (no not mass murders or slaughters)

How do you think we can evolve/adapt to the surroundings of earth today to better them for our children and theirs and etc?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, it's more than just cars.

But to start we could overthrow the companies who keep pushing alternative sources under the rug to maintain their grip on it all. This would really, really, cut down on pollution to start using electric cars, hydrogen cars, even hybrids would be a nice start. These cars would obviously have to be cheap to the buyer because not everyone can afford to go get one when they're $30,000 or more. Their should be a program where if you trade in one car under the value you get half off the purchase, or if you trade in a car equal to or more than it's value you get the car for free.

Secondly find another kind of electric source..... OH WAIT! We DO have that. So let's start by quit giving money to ? banks and companies, and lets take those billions and start new companies that will help to put solar grids and hydro grids into place and slowly but surely begin to end our faulty coal, oil, gas, and uranium powered energy system which doesn't even deliver half of the generated energy.

Population control, IMO do one of three things. 1.) Stop going into labs trying to make people live longer every year. 2.) Place a law limiting the amount of Children to two, one for you, one for your other. 3.) Produce a fertility drug that limits pregnancy and make it as common as flu shots, or small pox shots. We are already on population control though, we have more than enough unhealthy processed foods out to ? us off, but the government see's big money in making us sick and then charging us out the ass to fix that illness and keep us living long enough to keep the cycle going for 60 years.

You already know I think religion should be abolished.

I think we should play "? " in science.

I think we need to keep NASA a top priority. The truth is human survival depends on finding other inhabitable planets and learning some sort of space travel. Even if we do "fix" our greenhouse gas problems and pollution problems at some point the sun will burn out if water doesn't run out before then.

I got a ? load more but that's it for now.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options
    not all alternative sources are cost efficient or save energy. some can't easily be mass produced.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    not all alternative sources are cost efficient or save energy. some can't easily be mass produced.

such as...?
  • VIBE
    edited September 2010
    Options

But to start we could overthrow the companies who keep pushing alternative sources under the rug to maintain their grip on it all. This would really, really, cut down on pollution to start using electric cars, hydrogen cars, even hybrids would be a nice start. These cars would obviously have to be cheap to the buyer because not everyone can afford to go get one when they're $30,000 or more. Their should be a program where if you trade in one car under the value you get half off the purchase, or if you trade in a car equal to or more than it's value you get the car for free.

Secondly find another kind of electric source..... OH WAIT! We DO have that. So let's start by quit giving money to ? banks and companies, and lets take those billions and start new companies that will help to put solar grids and hydro grids into place and slowly but surely begin to end our faulty coal, oil, gas, and uranium powered energy system which doesn't even deliver half of the generated energy.

Population control, IMO do one of three things. 1.) Stop going into labs trying to make people live longer every year. 2.) Place a law limiting the amount of Children to two, one for you, one for your other. 3.) Produce a fertility drug that limits pregnancy and make it as common as flu shots, or small pox shots. We are already on population control though, we have more than enough unhealthy processed foods out to ? us off, but the government see's big money in making us sick and then charging us out the ass to fix that illness and keep us living long enough to keep the cycle going for 60 years.

I think we need to keep NASA a top priority. The truth is human survival depends on finding other inhabitable planets and learning some sort of space travel. Even if we do "fix" our greenhouse gas problems and pollution problems at some point the sun will burn out if water doesn't run out before then.

I agree with everything but the religion thing. People will need religion to keep sanity to be honest.

There's no way we can "fix" it, that's a long shot. We could "slow down the pace". The reversal would be hard, if we can slow down the pace and emit no green house gases then we could stop it for now and let it all clean itself out. That would take at least 200-300 years of NO such pollution though.

I think all houses should be built with solar panels though, if not, then build in areas that are surrounded by 'wind turbines' to use wind as energy. We need to as well, start growing our own foods; veggies and fruits. Although this "clean up" would cut many jobs.

I think we need a huge alternative to houses other than wood. Some type of artificial wood or something other than killing our forests even more.

I'm not saying SAVE the planet but saying how we could prolong life and earth for ourselves and our future generations.

They say by 2100 it could be very very bad. Worst case scenario of course but still nonetheless that's pretty drastic.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Personally, I think it won't get better...not in the sense of chaos, but just that there is so much attached to greed (and other forms of corruption) that it is going to be near impossible for a single person to make a world-wide decision about the earth without say..."what's in it for me?".
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I agree with everything but the religion thing. People will need religion to keep sanity to be honest.

There's no way we can "fix" it, that's a long shot. We could "slow down the pace". The reversal would be hard, if we can slow down the pace and emit no green house gases then we could stop it for now and let it all clean itself out. That would take at least 200-300 years of NO such pollution though.

I think all houses should be built with solar panels though, if not, then build in areas that are surrounded by 'wind turbines' to use wind as energy. We need to as well, start growing our own foods; veggies and fruits. Although this "clean up" would cut many jobs.

I think we need a huge alternative to houses other than wood. Some type of artificial wood or something other than killing our forests even more.

I'm not saying SAVE the planet but saying how we could prolong life and earth for ourselves and our future generations.

They say by 2100 it could be very very bad. Worst case scenario of course but still nonetheless that's pretty drastic.

We can fix it, it's just for some reason humans don't want to look forward toward to resolving differences and working together but rather how to defeat the next man so that you may take his spot. If we ever started working together a one we could definitely fix it. But the Earths natural cycle is heating up drastically and cooling down through ice ages and severe heat. Our fix wouldn't be to stop it but rather to not throw it off its natural pace by much and at the same time figuring out a way to ensure our survival during these periods.

It would be better IMO if each house had a solar panel, but I think that would create issues in maintenance as well as costing a megaton of money extra. I hope to get solar panels for my house soon though but they are so expensive I have to wait. I got alot of money put back for if Manny and Mayweather fight I can get a ticket, if that don't happen within the next year though Ill probably turn it into solar power.

Wood houses I agree with. They rot too quickly and use up too much wood with so many people alive today. I suggest stone houses though, artificial anything is likely produced with oil.

And when I say religion I mean religion. There will always be some people who think their is a ? among them and responsible for everything. The bible and Quran n what not is fine with me. Its the organized religions leading blind sheep that I think is detrimental.

But there is no save the planet. Earth will be fine, the planets been through asteroids, solar rays, gamma rays, ice ages, periods of entire molten rock on it. We are the only thing ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Personally, I think it won't get better...not in the sense of chaos, but just that there is so much attached to greed (and other forms of corruption) that it is going to be near impossible for a single person to make a world-wide decision about the earth without say..."what's in it for me?".

Definitely not soon, but in 50-60 years when the people in power are being effected by the changes I think everyone will wake up, it's just a shame at that point it'll be too late.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Eliminate greed and increase true education. Instead of finding the best way to make money, we need to find the best way to benefit the earth and humanity as a whole. Instead of dividing eachother within groups, we need to unit eachother but respect ourselves as individuals. Love love love. Not romance love, but love of progress, love of life, and love of the environment, and it must be sincere.

That's the only way, even though it does not seem probable. There's always our next generation.
  • busayo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    such as...?

hydrogen. it does take energy to produce elemental hydrogen. another problem is the size of an hydrogen gas tank needed to power a vehicle.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    hydrogen. it does take energy to produce elemental hydrogen. another problem is the size of an hydrogen gas tank needed to power a vehicle.

And to add onto what he said.

The tanks will likely be produced through a company using oil as its base ingredient.

Electric- right now we burn fossil fuels to produce electric. So changing cars to electric wouldn't do much in the long run.

Solar Power - If it stays cloudy for so long power is gone, if you don't conserve it right power is gone, the wiring still uses rubber casing which is produced by large amounts of oil. Plus like a said the cost would be so high to start it, every house, the entire electrical grid, the entire wiring system in America.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    killing at least 95 percent of all white people..
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Imo, NOTHING. This thinking is what is causing further destruction to the earth while we are inhabiting it. The earth does not need us to sustain itself. It has been around looooonnnnnggggg before we came into play, and will carry on way after we are gone..It has a way of replenishing itself, and to tag on to what chosen said regarding population control, well not in the sense he mentioned, but in the sense that, the earth will take care of that. With each "good" proposal put forth to make the earth a better place to live, there are several "not good" components to go along with them to lead us further into our own demise.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Vibe, there is a certain sense of naivety in thinking we "need" religion..When religion just traps the mind into believing that you have to live a certain way, by its standards to be a good individual. when the reality is, there
    are plenty of people who can and do live righteously without it.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lets see if people just said ? oil all together the world might not end in 2012 more like 2013
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately, we can't better any thing else until we better our selves. With a people who lie, steal, cheat, murder, covet and idolize everything, there is no thing safe in our path, no matter how many restrictions and conditions apply. We'll find ways around them, rules are made to be broken!
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately, we can't better any thing else until we better our selves. With a people who lie, steal, cheat, murder, covet and idolize everything, there is no thing safe in our path, no matter how many restrictions and conditions apply. We'll find ways around them, rules are made to be broken!

There's a simple solution to that. You take people away from their comfort zone and they will change.

You might not understand what I just said really, but you're very smart, you'll comprehend part of it and realize it in full by tomorrow night.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And to add onto what he said.

The tanks will likely be produced through a company using oil as its base ingredient.

Electric- right now we burn fossil fuels to produce electric. So changing cars to electric wouldn't do much in the long run.

Solar Power - If it stays cloudy for so long power is gone, if you don't conserve it right power is gone, the wiring still uses rubber casing which is produced by large amounts of oil. Plus like a said the cost would be so high to start it, every house, the entire electrical grid, the entire wiring system in America.

All those problems could be solved using the ? plant. I mean you guys don't seriously think ? is illegal because they're worried about kids shooting themselves with their daddy's gun, do you? lol
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    All those problems could be solved using the ? plant. I mean you guys don't seriously think ? is illegal because they're worried about kids shooting themselves with their daddy's gun, do you? lol

I was trying to take it on the legal route. But yea, the minute ? becomes legalized alot of ? can be changed, not only changed but changed cheap.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was trying to take it on the legal route. But yea, the minute ? becomes legalized alot of ? can be changed, not only changed but changed cheap.

Saying ? you to the current law system would be the first step in making this world a better place.
  • busayo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cut carbon emissions that pollute the planet, which mostly comes from the US.

actually most of that good stuff comes from china
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

you are a very very very stupid man
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you are a very very very stupid man

Then break it down and explain smart man
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Eliminate greed and increase true education. Instead of finding the best way to make money, we need to find the best way to benefit the earth and humanity as a whole. Instead of dividing eachother within groups, we need to unit eachother but respect ourselves as individuals. Love love love. Not romance love, but love of progress, love of life, and love of the environment, and it must be sincere.

That's the only way, even though it does not seem probable. There's always our next generation.

great post can't disagree