Rep your Weight-Lifting Routines(sets &reps) and Diet

Options
D-Marco
D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Weight Room
IM trying to start Lifting again. I already have the perfect cardio excercise(insanity will get ur fitness level up quick...like 2 weeks you'll feel different)

ButRep ur routines and whether ur trying to add muscle or get cut. Im trying to a lil of both. I need to get right around 185-195.

Diet- I usually stick to lean meats and oatmeal/protein shakes for breakfast. But need some variety. SO drop some knowledge on a routine I can use to get right quick

Comments

• shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what kinda shape u in now? then we can tell u whether u should cut or bulk first...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As of now in a day ill do 10 sets of 10's lifting 225
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I want to add weight but Its not happening no time soon due to metabolism smh
    I worked out didn't play ball in 2 months along with beer drinking eating fatty foods protein shakes and went up to 174.....play basketball and last week (2days) and Im back down to my "natural 164 lbs smh.

I do 3 sets of 5 with 235 then drop the weight down to 215 and do 3 sets of 5. after that I do curls powerclings dips shadow boxing with 25 pounds dumbells.

Then I'lll go back in to the bench with 135 and burnout(do as many as I can)

after that I'll go to the mexican rest next to the gym drink a 32 oz eat .....go back to the gym to simple machines weights and more dips and light ?

I do this 3 days a week but off days I still do perfect pushups and military press with 95lbs just to keep in shape
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Always start out with pull ups and push ups I don't know why but I do. But than I always go straight to free weights 1 body part a day when I have time it will be 2 (bi-ceps/tri-ceps, shoulders/chest etc etc). I usually do 3 to 4 sets of 15 to 20. Somedays I'll do drop sets if I want to go tough on myself. I'll incorporate free motion machines too, after weights I always do sit ups and and I finish with 15 minutes of high intensity cardio. Sometimes I'll go to the sauna to get the access water weight off too.

Diet I always drink a low card protein shake no more than 45 minutes after working out and meal wise a lot of lean meats all cooked on a GFG. A lot of whole grain , I drink a lot of crystal light and I have 1 cheat meal a month.
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bout to start goin' hard again this week, might as well build this week's routine right now (I generally change them erry week).

M-WO1
    T-Run
    W-WO1
    T-Run
    F-WO1
    S-Sprints
    S-Rest

WO1:
    Circuit 1(x3)- Pullups (10), incline bench (10), decline bench (10).
    Circuit 2(x3)- Squat w/ overhead press on bosu (10), squat jumps (10-20), plyometric jump ups (~3-4ft, 10).
    Circuit 3(x3)- Plyometric pushups (10) + freestyle ab routine.

Nutrition will be anything that's fairly healthy that I can get my hands on. Might start taking protein powder again too. May look into creatine or nitric oxide, but I don't really fucc with supps like that.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Always start out with pull ups and push ups I don't know why but I do. But than I always go straight to free weights 1 body part a day when I have time it will be 2 (bi-ceps/tri-ceps, shoulders/chest etc etc). I usually do 3 to 4 sets of 15 to 20. Somedays I'll do drop sets if I want to go tough on myself. I'll incorporate free motion machines too, after weights I always do sit ups and and I finish with 15 minutes of high intensity cardio. Sometimes I'll go to the sauna to get the access water weight off too.

Diet I always drink a low card protein shake no more than 45 minutes after working out and meal wise a lot of lean meats all cooked on a GFG. A lot of whole grain , I drink a lot of crystal light and I have 1 cheat meal a month.

Yeah thats what i mean.. I havent lifted in a awhile so Im basically starting over. Should I start with 2 muscles groups a day or do a full body w/out 3 days a week to build up to that. I also just got P90X so I might start there but I heard its mainly for cutting weight.

@Shad- IM like 6 ft 1 and my normal weight is around 190-200 but I balloned up to 215 drinking an eating out. But when I cook at home I normally eat lean meals, oatmeal/english muffin for breakfast chicken or lean steak @ night. (I do need some good ideas for lunch, cuz I mostly skip it and its ? up my metabolism)

Appreciate the responses though.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No matter what start off light or you''ll be laid up madd hurt if you haven't lifted in a while.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    C.Melendez wrote: »
    I want to add weight but Its not happening no time soon due to metabolism smh
    I worked out didn't play ball in 2 months along with beer drinking eating fatty foods protein shakes and went up to 174.....play basketball and last week (2days) and Im back down to my "natural 164 lbs smh.

I do 3 sets of 5 with 235 then drop the weight down to 215 and do 3 sets of 5. after that I do curls powerclings dips shadow boxing with 25 pounds dumbells.

Then I'lll go back in to the bench with 135 and burnout(do as many as I can)

after that I'll go to the mexican rest next to the gym drink a 32 oz eat .....go back to the gym to simple machines weights and more dips and light ?

I do this 3 days a week but off days I still do perfect pushups and military press with 95lbs just to keep in shape

ha your a hardgainer like me

what you can do is get you a weight gainer for the extra calories to help keep on the weight

or you can try sthis method i got from one of my homies personal trainers and trying eating less meals in bigger portions to slow down ya metabolism

whichever you prefer