The Personal Foul/Unnecessary Roughness Rule Is Gettin Outta Hand

Options
Kushington
Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I dont like that ? , no more horsecollar tackles, no more tackles leading with the helmet, theyre making the NFL into some weak ass ?

I can understand no helmet to helmet, but i seen some clean hits this year that have been flagged, its gonna get to the point where the defense cant do anything but wrap up, which helps the offense even more

I like high scoring games but big hits are apart of the game, just because some ? get injured occasionally doesnt mean everybody does

Comments

• jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They love there golden boys.....Thats all I gotta say about that....I hate that ? too.. that horsecollar had to go though
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i hate that ? , they shud just make it 2-hand touch when it comes to QBs.

I saw a horrible UnecessaryRoughness on Aaron rodgers the other day. Looked like a clean tackle to me.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah I agree u get flagged for bs...that Brady rule where u cant tackle the QB from the ground is the worst of the worst though....I dont like that rougher the kicker ? either...I dont understand what they expect u to do...im running full speed to block the fg or punt...and most of the time u dive way before getting there to get a piece of the kick...how are u supposed to defy the laws of physics in order to not brush up against the kicker...what kinda ish is that...also I dont like the no crackback rules either...where u can t really smash a in flight reciever i hated that cuz i played saftey at a D-1 school...but yeah
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jpcrack wrote: »
    They love there golden boys.....Thats all I gotta say about that...

well they gotta protect QBs. I mean thers maybe 5-8 really good QBs in the league, imagine how bad the NFL would be without them.

They just gone too far, and some refs make horrible calls on it.
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    well they gotta protect QBs. I mean thers maybe 5-8 really good QBs in the league, imagine how bad the NFL would be without them.

They just gone too far, and some refs make horrible calls on it.

yea the refs are ? ....real talk
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cosign everything said soo far...one thing you guys forgot to mention tho......? ROGER GOODELL!!!
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Helmet to helmet is a cool call, but I don't even think ? can hit you in the helmet with a shoulder pad or forearm? That's bogus!

I remember in little league we used to pride ourselves for how many hit marks we had on our helmets. Shaking my head at professional football players with clean helmets after the game is over.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol so yall complain about an 18 game regular season because more players will get injured and yet you get upset when they outlaw dangerous tackling techniques
  • Kushington
    edited September 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    Yeah I agree u get flagged for bs...that Brady rule where u cant tackle the QB from the ground is the worst of the worst though....I dont like that rougher the kicker ? either...I dont understand what they expect u to do...im running full speed to block the fg or punt...and most of the time u dive way before getting there to get a piece of the kick...how are u supposed to defy the laws of physics in order to not brush up against the kicker...what kinda ish is that...also I dont like the no crackback rules either...where u can t really smash a in flight reciever i hated that cuz i played saftey at a D-1 school...but yeah

wtf

I wasnt even aware they got rid of the crackback, are you talkin bout the nfl or D1

I remember coaches telling us to do that ?

smh
  • Kushington
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    lol so yall complain about an 18 game regular season because more players will get injured and yet you get upset when they outlaw dangerous tackling techniques

I have no problem with an 18 game season, that was howie long ? about it

? a preseaon, ? starting training camps in late spring....let em rest, and let em play 18 games
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'll agree the rules for the quarterback are at times unfair....but they are viewed as 'defenseless' just as a kicker, punter or receiver going over the middle.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    refs need to realize the difference between a helmet to helmet hit, and when helmets simply scape aciddentally.

that sack on a. rodgers on monday was clean as far as im concerned
  • Kushington
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'll agree the rules for the quarterback are at times unfair....but they are viewed as 'defenseless' just as a kicker, punter or receiver going over the middle.

Nah them qb rules is ridiculous, there was nothing better than seein one of them ? catch a smooth one from the blindside or get smacked right after they let go of the ball

They arent defenseless, a late hit is a late hit and that should always be a penalty, but the defense shouldnt be penalized for aggression

And this is coming from a former WR, if i jump over the middle, im aware that im prolly gonna get smacked

Im telling you in 5 years, nothing but wrap ups, ? they may start playing flag football
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options

the rules are fine imo, its the refs. The refs basic motto is "If i didnt entirely see the hit on the QB, but he looks hurt, i'll call it a penalty anyways to stay on the safe side"

there was a really bad call against tsuggs in week 1 or 2. remember rey lewis even called them out on it.

they also gotta use better judgement on that "no spiking QBs into the ground" rule. I agree with that rule but it gets called WAY too much. sometimes its unavoidable and the defender is just trying to make a tackle.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the rules are fine imo, its the refs. The refs basic motto is "If i didnt entirely see the hit on the QB, but he looks hurt, i'll call it a penalty anyways to stay on the safe side"

there was a really bad call against tsuggs in week 1 or 2. remember rey lewis even called them out on it.

they also gotta use better judgement on that "no spiking QBs into the ground" rule. I agree with that rule but it gets called WAY too much. sometimes its unavoidable and the defender is just trying to make a tackle.

yeah, they should be able to distinguish between incidental contact and an actual football hit.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    here's my thing when people complain about this ? and the "old days"...20-30 years ago athletes weren't like Ray Lewis...weren't as fast, strong, athletic, etc. so the game's rules has had to adjust to the increased skills of the players...yes there are some punk ass flags thrown but some ? , the ? back block, horse collar tackling, hitting defenseless players, I don't see why people would argue for that stuff to be put back into the game...yes football is a dangerous sport and it should maintain a certain level of controlled violence, but over the top ? or ? that can intentionally hurt players shouldn't be allowed and never has been allowed...
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    here's my thing when people complain about this ? and the "old days"...20-30 years ago athletes weren't like Ray Lewis...weren't as fast, strong, athletic, etc. so the game's rules has had to adjust to the increased skills of the players...yes there are some punk ass flags thrown but some ? , the ? back block, horse collar tackling, hitting defenseless players, I don't see why people would argue for that stuff to be put back into the game...yes football is a dangerous sport and it should maintain a certain level of controlled violence, but over the top ? or ? that can intentionally hurt players shouldn't be allowed and never has been allowed...

cosign. ...
  • Black Cezar
    Black Cezar Members Posts: 87
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    I have no problem with an 18 game season, that was howie long ? about it

? a preseaon, ? starting training camps in late spring....let em rest, and let em play 18 games

I co-sign what most of yall are saying about the penalties, I've seen a few this year that make me smh. I also agree with what homie says about the preseason, I rarely watch those games cause they don't mean ? . Plus starters can still get hurt but to make it worse they get hurt in a game that doesn't mean anything and then miss games during the regular season. Might as well make the preseason - reg season.
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I dont like that ? , no more horsecollar tackles, no more tackles leading with the helmet, theyre making the NFL into some weak ass ?

I can understand no helmet to helmet, but i seen some clean hits this year that have been flagged, its gonna get to the point where the defense cant do anything but wrap up, which helps the offense even more

I like high scoring games but big hits are apart of the game, just because some ? get injured occasionally doesnt mean everybody does

they better NOT let NFL become like nba fouls....i hate that ?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think the rules are fine the refs just need to drop the "when in doubt throw the flag" mentality. That is the real problem.
  • Kushington
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

thats a good point but i dont mean 20 yrs ago, I mean 20 regular season games ago, this ? changes game to game, these refs is callin ? like its the NBA.....people(including refs) can tell when somebody is trying to intentionally trying to hurt somebody and when the defender is just trying to make a play

90% of intentional injury plays occur after the play, or its somebody holding onto a facemask, throwin a chopblock too high, helmet to helmet,etc, in this season the refs want the offense to have more of an advantage, for more points, because offensive players are more marketable than defensive players

Its all about money, they dont care about safety, football is an unsafe sport, if they wanted safety, they'd play tennis
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    imo the refs be on some ? a lot of the times
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wtf

I wasnt even aware they got rid of the crackback, are you talkin bout the nfl or D1

I remember coaches telling us to do that ?

smh

Originally it was the NFL , then D1 adopted it...

BUT

you can still techincally do it....................as long the player turns around and face your way but the ? isn't paying attention.

That what they mean about keeping your head on a swivel. I'm from the old school...played HS Fball in the 90s ............we were taught by the guys from the 80s era of "? them up before they ? you up" ....let be honest , if Earl Campbell was running at you, you would want to ? him up before he does? ....and the Brady rule is the number one pet peeve of mines beside the Tuck Rule..
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It doesn't help that most of the NFL Ref's are idiots.