SMH...Lebron says "racism" is behind the backlash from "The Decision"

Options

Comments

• fats md
    fats md Members Posts: 30
    edited October 2010
    Options
    racism is behind some of the hate that lebron is getting and it would be ignorant to think otherwise just like its ignorant to interpret from his answer to the question that its all racism. some white people hide behind their racism in sports by trying to say its what so and so did and how so and so acts so that they dont come off or seem racist. just like that list that came out with the most hated athletes i dont know any black people who hate vick, tiger or chad but they were 1,2, and 4 on that list. while i know its because of things vick and tiger did themselves i only see white people hating them not all people.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fats md wrote: »
    racism is behind some of the hate that lebron is getting and it would be ignorant to think otherwise just like its ignorant to interpret from his answer to the question that its all racism. some white people hide behind their racism in sports by trying to say its what so and so did and how so and so acts so that they dont come off or seem racist. just like that list that came out with the most hated athletes i dont know any black people who hate vick, tiger or chad but they were 1,2, and 4 on that list. while i know its because of things vick and tiger did themselves i only see white people hating them not all people.

No its not!!! There are times when the race card should be pulled but people just pull it out for ? half the time and this is one of those times. This dude is hiding behind his decision by throwing out the race card and its weak.

Jason Whitlock's latest article hits the nail on the head

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-should-put-away-the-race-card-and-just-apologize-093010
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FRESHMAN wrote: »
    I truly don't understand how some of ya'll come to these stupid ass conclusions. This whole thing with Lebron and the other 5 most hated black men is rooted in the fact that they are some of the highest paid African Americans who have yet to have to bow down (except Vick, the dog ? I kinda understand). I love what LeBron does from the point of view of him living his life in his own way. If he got injured or something harmful came upon his playing or earning ability, the Cavs or any management team would deal him off, no second thoughts. The fact that ESPN dedicated so much time to him and where he was going, which this ? has been being mentioned every year since he only signed a 3 year extension a few years ago, makes it so stupid for people to put it ALL on LeBron when he used the machine that was pimping him. So I feel like this, ? management and all those heartless suits that makes 2 million whenever he rakes in one. Now I hope Miami blows all ya'll stupid ass teams out and make ya cry this time. And ya'll can stop trying to hide your personal dislike for LeBron's nonchalant character behind his non-socially acceptable demeanor when handling the media and your feelings about how he should talk or present ? . The BOTTOM LINE that LeBron is making clear...nobody runs or control LeBron, but him. ? ass ? . Some of yall been ? so long, you forget the ? is in ya. Smh.

Is that you, Maverick
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    skip spittin the real right now..
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Skip just spoke on this on 1st and 10. I agree with him. I don't think race is a factor to be real with you in this scenario. People of all races agree with/disagree with what he did. He mentioned how all those previous players came out and spoke against what Lebron did, and they were black. It's annoying me to me as a black man, when people cry racism on ? like this when there are LEGIT racist issues out there. It becomes like the boy who cries wolf...if you say EVERYTHING is racist, then when some real racist ? goes down, no one will listen.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shaq hated the coach and also had some minor problems wit Orlando front office.His petty beef wit penny didnt help either

He also wasnt born and raised in florida and marketed by the state of florida as the hometown boy and never made comments like

"It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."

"Now I’m at a point where I feel like every time we play, we’re going to win. I’m not saying I know we’re going to win a championship this year. That takes time. It took Jordan seven years, Shaq eight. If we keep getting better, I don’t think I’ll have to wait eight years."

?????????????????????????????????????????????
    Lebron didn't play 4 the Ohio cavaliers, he played for Cleveland, dude was from Akron....he don't own Cleveland ? ....even i he was born n raised in Cleavland, he still don't them ? ...
  • fats md
    fats md Members Posts: 30
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    No its not!!! There are times when the race card should be pulled but people just pull it out for ? half the time and this is one of those times. This dude is hiding behind his decision by throwing out the race card and its weak.

Jason Whitlock's latest article hits the nail on the head

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-should-put-away-the-race-card-and-just-apologize-093010

maybe you dont understand but lebron didn't say it all racism, he believes part of the backlash is due to racism. I know people of all races hate lebron for what he did but there are some white people who hide their racist beliefs and coat tail the reason why they hate him with people who are not.

Also jason is a ignorant, mad that he was born black ? so i really dont care what his opinion is especially on this matter.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I truly don't understand how some of ya'll come to these stupid ass conclusions. This whole thing with Lebron and the other 5 most hated black men is rooted in the fact that they are some of the highest paid African Americans who have yet to have to bow down (except Vick, the dog ? I kinda understand). I love what LeBron does from the point of view of him living his life in his own way. If he got injured or something harmful came upon his playing or earning ability, the Cavs or any management team would deal him off, no second thoughts. The fact that ESPN dedicated so much time to him and where he was going, which this ? has been being mentioned every year since he only signed a 3 year extension a few years ago, makes it so stupid for people to put it ALL on LeBron when he used the machine that was pimping him. So I feel like this, ? management and all those heartless suits that makes 2 million whenever he rakes in one. Now I hope Miami blows all ya'll stupid ass teams out and make ya cry this time. And ya'll can stop trying to hide your personal dislike for LeBron's nonchalant character behind his non-socially acceptable demeanor when handling the media and your feelings about how he should talk or present ? . The BOTTOM LINE that LeBron is making clear...nobody runs or control LeBron, but him. ? ass ? . Some of yall been ? so long, you forget the ? is in ya. Smh.

well damn...!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    skip spittin the real right now..

eric davis spittin that real ?
  • MR.CJ
    edited October 2010
    Options

damn...........

ether.jpg
  • MR.CJ
    edited October 2010
    Options
    skip bayless needs to be quiet
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? ? me with this "they hate black dudes that don't bow down" mindset. Michael Jordan is one of the most arrogant ? on the planet and white people will pay tens of thousands of dollars just to play a fake ass game against him. I'm not saying that arrogant and rich black guys don't ? off racist white people. Of course they do. However, that is not the same as saying that every white person that doesn't like a rich and arrogant black guy is because he's rich and arrogant.

Mayweather Jr. is the poster boy for this line of thinking. People are quick to defend him by saying that whites don't like him because he won't bow down. Well, what's the reasoning behind the tons of black people that don't like him? Could it be that Mayweather has qualities as both a man and a fighter that a large group of people just don't like?

Lebron has no right to claim racism in this case. As black people, when we see good athletes, we may be fans and we may like their play, but that's about it. White people, worship athletes on a level that we don't. Lebron was their king for real in many ways. A lot of Cleveland's economy rested on Lebron for no other reason than how people would react based on his whims. I saw an interview with a restaurant owner who said his business was in trouble until Lebron went there once, then he got a ton of business just on the off possibility that he might show up again. Where was the racism then? Those people would do anything just to be in Lebron's presence. It should stand to reason that people that obsessive would react to Lebron's leaving very strongly, especially when the way he did it was a big middle finger to them. This has nothing to do with racism. This has everything to do with Lebron's jackassery in his handling of the situation and Cleveland fans' stupidly obsessive attachment to one man.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? ? me with this "they hate black dudes that don't bow down" mindset. Michael Jordan is one of the most arrogant ? on the planet and white people will pay tens of thousands of dollars just to play a fake ass game against him. I'm not saying that arrogant and rich black guys don't ? off racist white people. Of course they do. However, that is not the same as saying that every white person that doesn't like a rich and arrogant black guy is because he's rich and arrogant.

Mayweather Jr. is the poster boy for this line of thinking. People are quick to defend him by saying that whites don't like him because he won't bow down. Well, what's the reasoning behind the tons of black people that don't like him? Could it be that Mayweather has qualities as both a man and a fighter that a large group of people just don't like?

Lebron has no right to claim racism in this case. As black people, when we see good athletes, we may be fans and we may like their play, but that's about it. White people, worship athletes on a level that we don't. Lebron was their king for real in many ways. A lot of Cleveland's economy rested on Lebron for no other reason than how people would react based on his whims. I saw an interview with a restaurant owner who said his business was in trouble until Lebron went there once, then he got a ton of business just on the off possibility that he might show up again. Where was the racism then? Those people would do anything just to be in Lebron's presence. It should stand to reason that people that obsessive would react to Lebron's leaving very strongly, especially when the way he did it was a big middle finger to them. This has nothing to do with racism. This has everything to do with Lebron's jackassery in his handling of the situation and Cleveland fans' stupidly obsessive attachment to one man.

My ? .. great post as always..
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First of all, LeBron was ASKED a question first THEN answered it....its not like he went out his way to say it so ppl need to pipe doown...

Secondly, if that's how he FEELS, then who are we to argue????

Ppl on this board act like they never felt a way about an issue regardless of what others may think is true

If LeBron says its partly racial, who the ? would kno better than him regarding the situation?? Who's to say ppl didn't scream racial slurs @ him on his way in and out of Cleveland??? It ain't like anybody on this board travels with the guy....
  • MR.CJ
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    First of all, LeBron was ASKED a question first THEN answered it....its not like he went out his way to say it so ppl need to pipe doown...

Ppl on this board act like they never felt a way about an issue regardless of what others may think is true

If LeBron says its partly racial, who the ? would kno better than him regarding the situation?? Who's to say ppl didn't scream racial slurs @ him on his way in and out of Cleveland??? It ain't like anybody on this board travels with the guy....

great post.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Ether.....know all ya'll lil hoes need to ? !!!!
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LeBron is a narcissistic fame monster, but everyone who kissed his ass and called him a king on the daily is to blame for his attitude. The Cavs owner, media, and everybody else in between sucked and rode the ? ? like there was no tomorrow. He's simply the monster they've created. If all everybody around you did was call you great and kiss your ass, you'd be arrogant too.

Jesse Jackson's the one to blame for thing being viewed as a race issue for the most part. I bet he did it on deliberately too. But, Lebron shouldn't even to continue to speak on ? anymore. All he needs to do is win a ring and everyone will be back on his ? , riding it even harder then before.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    all I know is that ? don't even need to press his shirt
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s100110,0,531271.story
    Charles Barkley fires back at LeBron James' 'race' take

HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. — LeBron James thought he put the race issue to rest Thursday at Miami Heat camp, when he said, "I think people are looking too far into it."

But seemingly as long as Charles Barkley is given a platform to pontificate on all things LeBron, James seemingly never will have the last word.

Interviewed Friday on WIP radio in Philadelphia, Barkley needed little prodding when it came to James discussing race in relation to the reaction to his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers as a free agent.

"It's like watching a movie," Barkley, the Hall of Fame power forward, said. "Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider, it gets more stupid."

In an appearance on Wednesday night's edition of "Primetime" on CNN, James replied that he thought race was a factor in the ugly backlash.

"I think so, at times," he told CNN correspondent Soledad O'Brien. "It's always, you know, a race factor."

A day after that interview aired, James declined to expand on the issue.

"I'm not going to go back on my words," he said Thursday. "I answered the question. I think people are looking too far into it. But, at the same time, sometimes it does play a part in it."

James was not asked to revisit the issue Friday.

But Barkley was more than willing to continue what has become a three-month assault on the way James handled his free agency.

"Sometimes," Barkley said, "you just say he's making bad decisions and you're like, 'OK, he's gonna get it together.' Then he makes more bad decisions."

Barkley said James utilizing a one-hour special on ESPN to announce his decision "was just stupid." He called the Heat's ensuing gala celebration at AmericanAirlines Arena "silly."

"That has nothing to do with race," Barkley said of those who offered similar assessments. "That's what makes this last thing so stupid."

Barkley, who works for cable network rival TNT, also criticized ESPN's intense focus on Heat training camp.

"To go down to training camp and report every day is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen," Barkley said. "I'm watching yesterday and one of the guys actually said, 'LeBron looked fierce in practice.' I'm like, 'fierce in practice? What the hell does that mean?' He was fierce in the second day of training camp?

"This summer with LeBron and all the stuff that went on is like a bad movie."
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Notice he ain't say ? about what D Wade said tho......

lol he can't. wade got a ring
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    overrated, overrated
  • FRESHMAN
    FRESHMAN Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mo Williams in the Cheap Seats?

Lol Nawl, fam. This is my first time posting here. I ain't a Lebron fan, but I do respect him, despite the criticism. I just had to speak my piece, especially with the ? folks leak out their mouth on the subject.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I always agreed with Jesse Jackson. The way that Owner talked to Lebron was on some "Where are you going n!gger, you are my slave". It's funny people get mad when players make decisions but say nothing when these owners trade away and cut players. I'm cool with what Lebron did cause he's taking control of his career. The Cavs are salty cause they know they are now the worst team in the league again without Bron. Race definitely played a role. America always shows it's true colors with race some how or another.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    .... Race is a factor in all black white interactions.. but.. race was not a primary.. secondary.. or ancillary factor.. it was a minute factor. The Diva like qualities. as well as the entitlement.. and Pomp and circumstance.. of "THE DECISION" and the resulting bluster at the pep rally where the chief factors..