For My College Students, Ya'll Get Fresh for Class?

Options
jonlakadeadmic
jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Growing Pains
no ? and all that, but do you get all freshed out for class or are u rockin sweats and some gym shorts?

i try to look good everyday on campus cuz parties be mad dark and i want ? to see my style during the day LOL

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man when I was college I ain't wear ? but b-ball shorts, white tees, and nike flip flops
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i used to... My last year i didn't give a ? though
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    not really....girls usually do here at hbcu's
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man when I was college I ain't wear ? but b-ball shorts, white tees, and nike flip flops

i tend to do that for mad early classes
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    white schools people dont give a ? ....? walk around in they pajamas. i went to an hbcu..? wear they best gear everyday. i walked around in sweats and got funny ass looks cause i didnt dress up. ? stupid
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah i get dressed for class, buttonups and ?

Its not good to be the only black guy in class, let alone the only black guy wearing a du rag, fitted, sweats and a hoodie
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    white schools people dont give a ? ....? walk around in they pajamas. i went to an hbcu..? wear they best gear everyday. i walked around in sweats and got funny ass looks cause i didnt dress up. ? stupid

Same ? i use to rock sweats lik freshman year.. i ainta dress up cat so either way.. im all about being comfortable i didnt give a ? . but lookin back i must have looked rediculous sometimes
  • missjcapri
    missjcapri Members Posts: 1,418
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea i do....but on days like today when its raining i usually just throw on a tshirt and leggings. I really dnt wear heels and do all that extra dressy ? just to go to class. ? who do that obviously want attention........
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    yeah i get dressed for class, buttonups and ?

Its not good to be the only black guy in class, let alone the only black guy wearing a du rag, fitted, sweats and a hoodie

why aint it.. ? they feelings.. yall there for the same ? ..

On another note.. we had this adjunct or whatever they call them was a young dude who taught english.. this ? had a sock fall out of his jeans.. the whole class fell the ? out.. we clowne the ? out of him.. lol
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well...I dont always get dressed up (its fun to dress up every once in a while ;)), but I like to look my best. I hate looking bummy. The only times when I dont care what Im wearing, and will throw on anything is during finals (and running quick errands).
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    missjcapri wrote: »
    yea i do....but on days like today when its raining i usually just throw on a tshirt and leggings. I really dnt wear heels and do all that extra dressy ? just to go to class. ? who do that obviously want attention........

yup, tryna find their husband. half the time they dont even carry books to class, just a purse
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited September 2010
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    yup, tryna find their husband. half the time they dont even carry books to class, just a purse

damn now that you mention it i hardly ever see good lookin girls carryin books anywhere on campus
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i get up wash my ass brush my teeth throw on the sweats and the sweatshirt and keep it pushin...
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well...I dont always get dressed up (its fun to dress up every once in a while ;)), but I like to look my best. I hate looking bummy. The only times when I dont care what Im wearing, and will throw on anything is during finals (and running quick errands).

omgg i cant stand seein these ? i be like wtf are you doin!! how the ? do u were heels and hella makeup and ish at school...i mean me personaly i only wear heels if im goin out for my music or on a date other than that i stay in my niki shox but these ? be lookin hella stupid!!!
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Getting fresh on campus is freshman ? , cuh. I saw ? wearing cardigans and ? on the first week. And it was hot as ? out.

A decent graphic tee and some cargo/ball shorts is enough until it starts getting chilly.

Then turn the swag on.
  • TeekasaurusRex
    TeekasaurusRex Members Posts: 17
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know I do lol...I mean not dressy but I don't even own a pair of sweats I hate them..iI always do my hair and makeup but I don't walk around looking like somebody in a damn music video. It's how I like to dress, I don't care where I'm going
  • TeekasaurusRex
    TeekasaurusRex Members Posts: 17
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Its not good to be the only black guy in class, let alone the only black guy wearing a du rag, fitted, sweats and a hoodie[/QUOTE]

lmao!
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I try to get fresh on SOME days. Not all week eff that. i wash my ass every morning and just throw on something that's appropriate for the weather
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    imma ? ass dude so i dont give a ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    imma ? ass dude so i dont give a ?

this...........
    im broke as ? , aint no point walkin round with my best ? on acting like im not
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol hell naw I dont
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mon and wed i have mad hot girls in my class so i get fresh for that, but other than that i keeps it casual and let my swagger do the talking. but i never rock the flip flop and socks look, i hate that. i stay with a fresh pair of nikes regardless.
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nope! i won best dress my high school senior yr so i been there done that
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2010
    Options
    omgg i cant stand seein these ? i be like wtf are you doin!! how the ? do u were heels and hella makeup and ish at school...i mean me personaly i only wear heels if im goin out for my music or on a date other than that i stay in my niki shox but these ? be lookin hella stupid!!!

I mean, Im girly girl with my clothing, but I dress up (dress, nice pants, heels, all that) a few times a month. I dont see how it makes you look stupid cause you want to look extra cute? I would wear heels more often if my campus walkways werent so "hilly" and basically cobblestone paved. :)
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    college was like this year 1 I kept it fresh because I wanted to pull as many girls as I could, year 2 + 3 I didn't give a ? how I looked, year 4 I cleaned it up again, got in shape and got fresh again but only because I felt like being a slob wasn't who I was. I started to really look down on slob people showing up in all sweats for classes but keeping it high maintenance for class is not something a person needs to be judged on anyways.