Relapse vs recovery? Whats the better album?

Options
towelheadradio
towelheadradio Members Posts: 63
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
eminem keeps shittn on relapse. but i think it was a much better album then recovery, even with the accents. what yall think?

Comments

• ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Rcovery is 10/10 just an Album as dope as you can get really and an Album people will be remembering in 20-30 years time

Relapse is 8/10 a great Album but not quite classic like Recovery
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Rcovery is 10/10 just an Album as dope as you can get really and an Album people will be remembering in 20-30 years time

your opinion but i have to disagree..WTP and Wont Back down make recovery about an 8/10.

Relapse is about a 5/10 and thats only because of "beautiful"..otherwise its a 3/10. I listened to that album a few times..got a chuckle and that was it
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree, Relapse > Recovery. That one song Beautiful is better than the whole Recovery album.
  • towelheadradio
    towelheadradio Members Posts: 63
    edited September 2010
    Options

whats so great about recovery? its full of pop songs and em just shouting his raps. on relapse he had diverse flows and better delivery
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    whats so great about recovery? its full of pop songs and em just shouting his raps. on relapse he had diverse flows and better delivery

The replay value, introperspective Song's with emotion, deep content, emotional Hook's & Melodies, dope Production and just an Album you wanna keep playing basically a perfect Album
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    relapse was 100x better than recovery. production, lyrics, everything. but i like my eminem crazy and trying to ? and ? everything, and not necessarily in that order. if he didnt have that ? accent in it, it would have been one of his best albums.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

damn you're delusional. recovery was ok and relapse was horrible
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree, Relapse > Recovery. That one song Beautiful is better than the whole Recovery album.

Beautiful is not better then going through changes...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Recovery is better then relapse because

no love, going through changes, you never over, Cinderella man, love the way you lie, not afraid, seduction>>>>>relapse, cept for maybe beautiful
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Beautuful is definitley an epic all time great Song Beautiful actually would fit perfect on the Recovery Album

The Hook on that Song was on some sennding some shivers down your spine ish the most powerful Hook i've heard probably and the Song was very deep, great Lyrics and emotion and the Beat was really dope
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    recovery by a small margin
  • bigpoppa1115
    bigpoppa1115 Members Posts: 174
    edited September 2010
    Options

I agree with your question and the following statement. the truth is that both albums were average AT BEST. Recovery isn't classic, the production is too diverse, too rock rap for em, he shouts all his verses like I won't be able to hear what the ? he's saying (and people call it passion and emotion...he's just yelling)..and personally I don't think most of the album fits the title. I thought overall I was going to hear a mature em not ? like Cold wind blows, and So Bad, and Seduction.
  • bigpoppa1115
    bigpoppa1115 Members Posts: 174
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I thought it was going to be more like Not Afraid.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    maybe im trippin but i thought relapse was trash,
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Deja Vu was my favorite track from Relapse....but i hate his accents....We Made You beat was off the chain and he had to ? it up with that voice....

Recovery was dope. production on So Bad is nice.
  • loaf
    loaf Members Posts: 15
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Relapse loses auto in my opinion because of the accents. Recovery was a good album with good replay value imo
  • josea82
    josea82 Members Posts: 145
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the beats and the hooks on recovery were trash
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The funny thing is beautiful isnt even the best song on Relapse..Deja Vu and Stay Wide Awake are better imo..Em's just rapping on Relapse..his flow is great and so are Dre's beats...but thats about all that's better on Relapse compared to Recovery..and for people complaining about him yelling he's always rapped like that like that..one of his best songs (Till I Collapse) is him "yelling"..does that really take away from the song?? If his yelling and singing is so unbearable you cant enjoy the lyrics and actual songs then i guess Recovery isnt for you..
  • drsnappple
    drsnappple Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stay Wide Awake is better than anything on recovery or the rest of relapse (which is pure garbage)
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn will somebody shut the purple ? up already
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Relapse by a wide margin - it had far more replay value for me i was still listening to that album months later. Recovery i got tired of after 2 weeks, it's got no concept just a bunch of songs thrown together trying to cater to as many crowds as possible it's way too commercial and he's got no diverse flow he's shouting and being too serious the whole time he's just trying too damn hard.

Relapse was a lot more creative and conceptual - plus the Dr. Dre beats >>>>>>>>>>> any of the production on Recovery.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    recovery by about 8 miles...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

nastradamus>>>relapse and recovery combined
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Recovery is definatley a greater musical acheivment in terms of flow and expirmenting with more emotional songs.

but i liked relapse because it was an album for the fans.

overall Recovery is better album

But relapse is more likeable