Is terrorism an effective way to advance one cause?

Options
The Jackal
The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
I mean Muslim extremist seem to be getting their point across. Everyone is fearful of going on t.v and talking bad about them. Companies refuse to allow pictures of Mohammad. Fearful people are allowing their rights to be taken away for security. It seems they are going about and archiving what they want.

You know how it is. You better watch what the ? comes flying out of your mouth or im going to hijack a plan and fly it into your house.

Comments

• It's Not Cool Bruh
    It's Not Cool Bruh Members Posts: 215
    edited January 2010
    Options
    depends on the cause, i'd say for the most part no
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it can go any directions... ? might scare ppl into following them or ? ppl off into being against them
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Depends on the goal, it definitely works on a local level.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    depends on the cause, i'd say for the most part no

Lets for sake say an revolutionary cause. Would you still say yes?
    c1up wrote: »
    it can go any directions... ? might scare ppl into following them or ? ppl off into being against them

How could it go into the direcation where they ? people off? I don't understand what you mean by that.
  • midwest_messiah
    midwest_messiah Members Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    ^^^
    this ? right here
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »

How could it go into the direcation where they ? people off? I don't understand what you mean by that.

You keep killing ppl and scaring them, eventually ppl aren't gonna take it anymore and go against your machine... think the ppl of Iran against the Gov
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Lets for sake say an revolutionary cause. Would you still say yes?.

you mean as in a group of people trying to gain their freedom from another group of people or some ? like that? sure, if you get the people on your side. you can't be an ? about it though like they do in iraq and blow your own people up just to get your point across ya dig. the people have to support you and be willing to harbor you and ?
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not to me. Terrorism imo usually equates desperation. From a revolutionary perspective, groups that participate in it do so because it's all they have. By participating in it, that usually means things are too far gone to mend.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    black people are use to terrorism....they are called, white people lol
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gang members terrorize some neighborhoods everyday. And people join them b/c they feel like they better roll or get rolled on... which means more people are helping the cause. Also, people in those neighborhoods that have been terrorized sometimes keep their mouths shut and don't notify authorities when the gang has illegal activity going down. This creates gang territory. So you can effectively advance a cause by to a certain extent by terrorizing people. Maybe not a religious belief system or ideology, but a cause (e.g. we want to control all the drug activity in this neighborhood) can be advanced to a certain extent.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not to me. Terrorism imo usually equates desperation. From a revolutionary perspective, groups that participate in it do so because it's all they have. By participating in it, that usually means things are too far gone to mend.

Actually I disagree terrorist are fighting back a corrupt country which are full of a bunch of hypocrites that ? thousands of innocent ppl in their native homes (Afghanistan and Middle Eastern countries.) These Western media outlets brainwash the average citizen thinking its a war on terrorism when its really not.
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually I disagree terrorist are fighting back a corrupt country which are full of a bunch of hypocrites that ? thousands of innocent ppl in their native homes (Afghanistan and Middle Eastern countries.) These Western media outlets brainwash the average citizen thinking its a war on terrorism when its really not.

mooslim post
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mooslim post

What does religion have to do with my post?

If your a logical human being who is wired correctly you should be able to put together a simple puzzle.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What you call terrorism, they call freedom fighting. I'm torn on how I feel about it
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What does religion have to do with my post?

If your a logical human being who is wired correctly you should be able to put together a simple puzzle.

i can't get down with the plight of mooslim extremist, i understand people fighting for their rights and freedoms but those crazy ? have too ? of agendas for me
  • fiat_money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What you call terrorism, they call freedom fighting. I'm torn on how I feel about it
    Word, "terrorism" is the term used by those who oppose the actions taken to accomplish something.

America's atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was probably one of the largest single acts of terrorism in the Earth's history, but you won't hear it called that by the U.S.
  • Gucci Da Kid
    Gucci Da Kid Banned Users Posts: 139
    edited January 2010
    Options
    terrorism has been and always will be the means of a small but unified group of people to get their voice heard and their way of life advanced

if the average american started thinkin like terrorist, the u.s. would not be the joke we are now.

as citizens we have forgotten all of the values that forged this country out of basically nothing.

as a black man i can equally love & hate the u.s. but i choose to let my love for this country rule. we began to let our government think for us and whenever we were faced with a problem as a nation, we chose/choose to remain silent & let rich, insecure, pampered ego maniacs decide our fate.

i'm not a terrorist but i understand their plight
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i can't get down with the plight of mooslim extremist, i understand people fighting for their rights and freedoms but those crazy ? have too ? of agendas for me

We got extremist from all groups regardless of religion go look at Timmy McVeigh or that Korean student who pulled off Virginia Tech do they get the same attention?

The US alone did an act of terrorism with the atomic bombing back in the days.

For every cause there is an effect just like how 1+1= 2
  • fiat_money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Muslim extremists get away with too much out here.
    Probably a result of being "politically correct".
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We got extremist from all groups regardless of religion go look at Timmy McVeigh or that Korean student who pulled off Virginia Tech do they get the same attention?

The US alone did an act of terrorism with the atomic bombing back in the days.

For every cause there is an effect just like how 1+1= 2

yea i'm not saying mooslim extremists are the only extremists i'm just saying their cause is ? ? and i can't get down with how they go about reaching their goals
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited January 2010
    Options
    terrorism and gurrelia warfare are usually the hardest to fight beacuse its underground; when Nelson Mendla was trying to free his people from apartied he used gurrella warfare and it worked, today you might call it terrorism, here the thing tough the US has spent over a trillion dollars since 911 trying to fight terrorism u tell me if it worked
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, "terrorism" is the term used by those who oppose the actions taken to accomplish something.

America's atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was probably one of the largest single acts of terrorism in the Earth's history, but you won't hear it called that by the U.S.

Exactly. One day I had a debate wit my cracka boss about "terrorism". And I told him they're fighting the same type of system that oppressed the founders of this country. Yet they didn't consider that terrorism
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Exactly. One day I had a debate wit my cracka boss about "terrorism". And I told him they're fighting the same type of system that oppressed the founders of this country. Yet they didn't consider that terrorism

wait which "terrorists" are you trying to justify? there's a lot of different ? going on out there
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    terrorism and gurrelia warfare are usually the hardest to fight beacuse its underground; when Nelson Mendla was trying to free his people from apartied he used gurrella warfare and it worked, today you might call it terrorism, here the thing tough the US has spent over a trillion dollars since 911 trying to fight terrorism u tell me if it worked

Never will because in majority of these countries that the U.S has problems with they got 8 year old's in training becoming the next generation of terrorist. They being taught that the West is the enemy and thats why the war on terrorism will never stop or end cause the problem only goes down further to the next generation. Its a never ending cycle.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wait which "terrorists" are you trying to justify? there's a lot of different ? going on out there

Not tryin to "justify" either. I just understand why the action is taken by them